New Mir 2D ?

MCDONALDS

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
Southampton, UK
i think every1s figured out it isnt mir its a diffrent game and the fact it looks ok, not to replace the current mir but as a diffrent game.

YOU!... COLONEL!.. I THOUGHT I DEFEATED U ON MOUNT BURGER KING! AMG!

We will meet again and next time ill be ready! BEARDYCHICKENMAN!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
prity sure its wool. the dragon symbol in bottom left wld also say so too. probly just has a new interface.

Echo-Ltd

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2008
Watford
its mir2 development... meaning (i think not a deffo) that they have used mir2 sources and converted it to read these images... if you was to download the client it would probs be layed out how mir2 is... (hum.wil) etc but with those images inside...

it would have ment they would have had to recode colour system etc tho as it looks like its using more then 256...

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
The screenshot makes it look like a refined version of mir 3, i have to agree with Bon though, mirs graphics are fine as they are, they make mir what it is, the simplicity..

MCDONALDS

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
Southampton, UK
The screenshot makes it look like a refined version of mir 3, i have to agree with Bon though, mirs graphics are fine as they are, they make mir what it is, the simplicity..

Really? i dunno ive always tried to figure out what i actually like about mir, ive played loads of isometric games with simple graphics and they never do it for me, mir3 doesnt even do it for me i hate it now, i liked it when it was EI.. like mir2 with slightly better gfx. Anyone else ever thought about this? no other 2d game appeals to me except mir! I dont think it has anything to do with the graphics like i said earlier i would love to play like...... mir2 but in 3d.. everything laid out EXACTLY the same. running into bichon wall and staring the guards face on.... fighting a zumataurus in full 3d.. that would be so cool omg.. some make IT!!! :O

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
Really? i dunno ive always tried to figure out what i actually like about mir, ive played loads of isometric games with simple graphics and they never do it for me, mir3 doesnt even do it for me i hate it now, i liked it when it was EI.. like mir2 with slightly better gfx. Anyone else ever thought about this? no other 2d game appeals to me except mir! I dont think it has anything to do with the graphics like i said earlier i would love to play like...... mir2 but in 3d.. everything laid out EXACTLY the same. running into bichon wall and staring the guards face on.... fighting a zumataurus in full 3d.. that would be so cool omg.. some make IT!!! :O

3d mir on a 50inch tele, god that would be awesome.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
same i would love a mir 3d, but i prefer the birdseye view on things.. WOW doesnt do it for me either its too cartoony, another good thing about mir imo, looks more serious as a game

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
no not really, ive played quite a few different styles of online games... i jsut think mirs fine how it is graphic wise.... the whole chat style and way it looks - is what makes mir what it is... change that and u ruin mir imo.
totaly agree

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
How the **** can you all judge a game on its looks? try the game then give your ****ing opinions

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
I have to agree with you there Bon, If i don't like the way a game looks i don't play it, especially if it strains the eyes lol, everybody has preferences to the game they like to play.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
majority of ppl do lol

i mean look at brainskin, all his trailers/screenies show are nice new lookin magic wils... and every1s like ZOMG BONER THIS SERVER LOOKS SO LEEEEEEEET!

where as u look at a server with crap screenies, nothing new, old boring euro stuff.. u just think wow how crap.

its all about looks

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Well actually Mir is the ONLY game i play that i don't care about the eye candy lol, cause lets face it, in comparison to some other games, the eye candy of Mir is really crap (Example, Flaming Sword lol)

I mean if you go into any new grind MMO that comes out these days, you instantly look for awesome looking skills, massive bursts of flames, lightning and magic, all sorts of jump attacks, hack, slash, blood and guts lol.

But thats the downside to Mir, people no longer look for the simplicity of game play, they look for eye candy and 3D game play, which Mir just doesn't offer. Its come to that day and age that we expect to see massive eye candy and 3D in games.

So if Mir did go 3D with good eye candy, it may gain quite a few new players, but it would also lose a lot of the original player base and would just be as repetitive as all the other grind MMOs out there.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
Well actually Mir is the ONLY game i play that i don't care about the eye candy lol, cause lets face it, in comparison to some other games, the eye candy of Mir is really crap (Example, Flaming Sword lol)

I mean if you go into any new grind MMO that comes out these days, you instantly look for awesome looking skills, massive bursts of flames, lightning and magic, all sorts of jump attacks, hack, slash, blood and guts lol.

But thats the downside to Mir, people no longer look for the simplicity of game play, they look for eye candy and 3D game play, which Mir just doesn't offer. Its come to that day and age that we expect to see massive eye candy and 3D in games.

So if Mir did go 3D with good eye candy, it may gain quite a few new players, but it would also lose a lot of the original player base and would just be as repetitive as all the other grind MMOs out there.

thing is mir can be made 3D quite easily, they do use 3D images for the game, so they would have the hard parts done tbh, it wud just be the caves that would need doing, well caves and houses, shops etc, and the skills wud need alot more doing to them. wud b about 5-6 months work for wemade the selvs i wud of though