New project revealed

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
well since a few weeks now i been working on making my own vb.net ei server emulator
(originaly started editing wings loginserver (this was a few weeks before he released it on lomcn tho :p )
right now i can get ingame, can get the game to show mobs and npc's, can show items, magic lists, ...
game system isnt there tho upto now i'm still working on getting everything started (loading maplists, making sure server knows what a player is, how to send mob info, ... so when time comes i dont have to spend weeks figuring out how to make players appear

gonna take a while to get it done tho since i barely work on it (always tired when i get home from work ect)

just for the record i started this before chinese released their coded clients so i'm not a copycat :p

now why would i post this here?
i'm hoping this will encourage ppl to dl vb.net
also i'm still not sure if i'll ever release it (not even sure if i'll be bothered to finish it)
this could be an opportunity for the english community to finaly show chinese it's possible for english ppl to do something right for a change

Pervert

very nice :)
i hope you`ll finish it.cause if u do i might get back on making ei servers again
btw u should explain ppl what vb.net is..not many know that :P

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
HellsBlade said:
very nice :)
i hope you`ll finish it.cause if u do i might get back on making ei servers again
btw u should explain ppl what vb.net is..not many know that :P
you're wrong i shouldnt
ppl should start learning to use google
if even half of the ppl on this forum learned to really spend itme looking for the things they want instead of waiting for others to answer their questions then we'd have the same lvl as chinese
only thing that makes chinese better then 'us' is that they spend more time learning
(dont say me you're not smart enough to code or you dont know how to code, anyone can code even an 80year old person can learn to code if he/she wants to )

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
g/l with this thedeath, what new stuff are you planning to implement once you get the basics working?

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
hehe dunno depends on long it's gonna take to get basics done at current rate it's gonna take months
since i barely work on it and it's all this slow/easy copy paste thingy's i hate

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
copy and pasting is something i master in ;)

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
thedeath said:
well since a few weeks now i been working on making my own vb.net ei server emulator
(originaly started editing wings loginserver (this was a few weeks before he released it on lomcn tho :p )
right now i can get ingame, can get the game to show mobs and npc's, can show items, magic lists, ...
game system isnt there tho upto now i'm still working on getting everything started (loading maplists, making sure server knows what a player is, how to send mob info, ... so when time comes i dont have to spend weeks figuring out how to make players appear

gonna take a while to get it done tho since i barely work on it (always tired when i get home from work ect)

just for the record i started this before chinese released their coded clients so i'm not a copycat :p

now why would i post this here?
i'm hoping this will encourage ppl to dl vb.net
also i'm still not sure if i'll ever release it (not even sure if i'll be bothered to finish it)
this could be an opportunity for the english community to finaly show chinese it's possible for english ppl to do something right for a change

Also, just to piss people off, i'm making a VB.NET directx 9 client.

That'll be interesting - ne?

Clawfinger

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2004
3021 A.D.
from scratch or using a source?

I still haven't read the eBook so I'm not sure how directx9 works, but it's something original..and that's what we need, so yeah...go for it :D

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
well the way i'm coding is totaly different from any 'official' source
but i use the sources as a guideline on the calculations and stuff

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
ooo very nice guys and i hope that it does help us get something that the Chinese haven't done and hopefully if you ever complete it TD then it will help get more people into EI

Good luck guys =)
/Miles

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
Sounds like a good project hope it gets finished.