New Server

Satchmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2004
Gods County
Hi Guys,

Just in the process of setting up my mir2 server. I have followed all the instructions in the docs which i found but when I launch my server, the following appears in the server box:

!setup.txt loaded..
loading client version information..
Ok.
loading StdItem.DB...
starttimer exception...
Not ready 127.0.0.1

any ideas?

tia

stachmo

Cooleye

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 15, 2004
Here...

Attachments

• common bugs and fixes.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 22

Satchmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2004
Gods County
Cooleye said:

Thanks very much... that solved a problem I had forgotten to rename my BDE database to HeroDB.

Although now I have a strange issue. WHen i load up my mir client it connects to the server and i see the login screen but the colors are all 'scrambled' it looks like its running in the wrong color mode. I have tried reducing the resolution and reducing the color depth to 256 but this hasn't helped.

ANy ideas?

I am downloading the 1.4 client again to see if it resolves any issues.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Mate its nothing to do with the client its just that your computer can't handle it. Try posting your pc specs m8 as i think you need more ram (i used to get this on my old computer)

/Miles

Satchmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2004
Gods County
Miles said:
Mate its nothing to do with the client its just that your computer can't handle it. Try posting your pc specs m8 as i think you need more ram (i used to get this on my old computer)

/Miles

Server is running on WInXP Pro

P4 256mb Ram

should be enough?

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Hmm should run ok m8, how about your graphix card, and make sure you have the latest graphix drivers.

/Miles

Viola A.I.

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 14, 2003
Newcastle - UK
Into the data folder in the Mir2 base folder.

Oh, and miles you seem to be stabbing at nothing there.
If his PC can withstand the server files they can withstand playing Mir. A graphics card is not even nessacary (1MB shared onboard is enough)!

Hell you could run LOM on a Sega Master System. :rofl:

Satchmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2004
Gods County
Viola A.I. said:
Into the data folder in the Mir2 base folder.

Oh, and miles you seem to be stabbing at nothing there.
If his PC can withstand the server files they can withstand playing Mir. A graphics card is not even nessacary (1MB shared onboard is enough)!

Hell you could run LOM on a Sega Master System. :rofl:

:bounce: thanks!

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
rofl miles wtf has a grafix card got to do with running mir server files?

i can run a server, fully mongened (including double spawns around event times) on my 2nd pc which is 256 ram p3 standard 4mb on board gfx caard

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
*Grumbles* lol well i used to have the problem on my old comp until i got this 1 =/ and iv never got it on here unless i'v had about 10 mir windows open and im switching in between so i thought that it was something to do with specs =p sorry lol

/Miles

Satchmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2004
Gods County
Miles said:
*Grumbles* lol well i used to have the problem on my old comp until i got this 1 =/ and iv never got it on here unless i'v had about 10 mir windows open and im switching in between so i thought that it was something to do with specs =p sorry lol

/Miles

Hey dont feel too bad Miles.. my thoughts were going down the same line to begin with. Going to try to get it working again today, had some issues last night. Think it's becuase Im trying to use a newer client, I see the login screen but then get no further. Downloading mir14full.exe now but it keeps resuming?!? :rolleyes:

Satchmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2004
Gods County
humpf

Hi guys... think i got my server up and running ok now. I say 'I think' because i havn't yet been able to play on it :eek: I can connect and create a new user and even change my password, but not much more :argh:

When i click login and choose the server, it just stays on the pretty login background screen, no button no nothing.
:banghead:

DO i HAVE to run a 1.4 client? Is this why it is not working??

I have started to download about 6 now but all seem to vanish after about 3-4 hours :-(

Satchmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2004
Gods County
Viola A.I. said:
Yes, you have to, its an absoloute must. There is no way around it (without a lot of edititng and cussing like a sailor :)).

ok... guess i will just have to w8 for the ssllooww download to finish.. :)

Forbes

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 4, 2003
Bonnie Scotland
Re: humpf

Satchmo said:
Hi guys... think i got my server up and running ok now. I say 'I think' because i havn't yet been able to play on it :eek: I can connect and create a new user and even change my password, but not much more :argh:

When i click login and choose the server, it just stays on the pretty login background screen, no button no nothing.
:banghead:

DO i HAVE to run a 1.4 client? Is this why it is not working??

I have started to download about 6 now but all seem to vanish after about 3-4 hours :-(

Hmm this would suggest there some broken links somewhere.

Check your logsrv.ini
dbsrc.ini
!setup.txt
and the other one.

Make sre all links go to your server files directory.

Satchmo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2004
Gods County
phew

Ok server is configured and up and running :)

one problem tho - the graphics seem all messed up, strange tiles on the floor and all items are wrong. This happens when I connect to other servers too like project69 for instance. I presume its to do with the graphics files in the data dir.

please help!!!!