New "Slim" Xbox 360

Join Discord

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Brought one yesterday got the limited edition halo reach 250gb one since they had one left thought i'd grab it quick.

Playing it tonight i put my hand on the top (its laid down atm) and felt like it was going to melt my hand, i know there are fans now directly above the GPU and CPU blowing air out the top vent when laid down but i wasn't expecting this kind of heat.

It was on for a good 5 hours and i know they now have a system in place to display a warning and shut the console down if it does get too hot just wondering if anyone else is having the same heat coming out of the new box?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ive had the new xbox (not limited edition) for a few months now. got it stood up, but no problems at all so far.

Viper

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2007
Newcastle
never a good thing when anything overheats :x keep eye on it you know what microsoft are like

@xan

how much was the limited halo box?

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Got mine 2days after they came out, first thing i noticed was the heat, but it shows its working :P. Never had any problem, and have not heard of any problems of it overheating.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Was 249.99 but i already brought the game and a limited edition controller so i traded them back in and got it for 180, my brother inlaw traded in a 20gb 360, two controllers, wireless adapter and reach and got it for 160.

Yeah doesn't seem to be any problems my new 42" is coming today should be here in half an hour so ill stand it up then but i read the light will go red and stay red if it does get too hot then go green again once its safe to play, could be because its laid down in the tv stand bit and its pretty small so probably not getting enough air around it.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Was 249.99 but i already brought the game and a limited edition controller so i traded them back in and got it for 180, my brother inlaw traded in a 20gb 360, two controllers, wireless adapter and reach and got it for 160.

Yeah doesn't seem to be any problems my new 42" is coming today should be here in half an hour so ill stand it up then but i read the light will go red and stay red if it does get too hot then go green again once its safe to play, could be because its laid down in the tv stand bit and its pretty small so probably not getting enough air around it.

dont worry about it i got the halo one as well blasted halo for like 12 hours and was piping hot but noticed it gets hot after just a few hours due to then fan placements also the console is ment to shut off if its over heating

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Yeh confined space may have something to do with it.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Yeah here's where it is atm thinking about moving it onto the top stood up need a new stand might not be able too see it but this one is bending lol. Sorry about quality had to use gf's BlackBerry.

Anyone else got the LG 42PJ350? Played about with the picture settings?

61386101502619733353727.jpg

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Oh that doesn't look too badly confined...and I think I can see the bend lol

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
u have plenty of space for it to breath my old 360 was in smaller place that that and never got RROD

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
Just look at it like this, it's better that the hot air is coming OUT of the console ;) As far as i've read, the RROD or other problems from heat cannot happen on the new "slim" build version. If it has, it has probably been in exceptional and rare circumstances, Microsoft have finally got it right.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Just look at it like this, it's better that the hot air is coming OUT of the console ;) As far as i've read, the RROD or other problems from heat cannot happen on the new "slim" build version. If it has, it has probably been in exceptional and rare circumstances, Microsoft have finally got it right.

its cuz its ment to shut its self off when too hot