No job :( asses lol

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
just got out of my meeting today and found out iv been made redundant :( that's a cushy web design job and 28k a year pay for a 24 year old down the drain,it mainly due to my age i think. So you guys may not see me around these parts for a while possibly, got 2 months pay strait up so have 2 months to find a job but think i'm going to find it hard in a competitive job.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Ah **** sorry to hear that.

Quite alot of redundancies happening at our place too, does't make you feel comfortable but luckily our IT Department has not been hit (Yet).

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
looks more than likely i will have to be taking a large pay cut with whatever i do. I don't think i will be able to keep up with payments on my car now so it looks like my lotus it going to put in auto trader tomorrow, any buyers? lol :(
bit of a shock really as a month ago my job was safe.

Last edited:

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
That really sucks, good look with finding something else.

Any idea why the company would be laying people off, is it struggling?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
im trying to get in to a web design job, its really difficult even though there are quite a few jobs popping up. hope you find something soon.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
That really sucks, good look with finding something else.

Any idea why the company would be laying people off, is it struggling?

yea aparently they arent getting enough business and they have layed off quite a few peeps over the last couple of months. Web design isn't easy to get into, most jobs offering **** pay due to so many people applying for them, and here was me hoping to get a promotion next year lol. Gonna be a hard month but there's a lot of people going through it so i'm not alone

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Sorry to hear that. Thats why im sticking working in a Chippy. Its given me £200 a week I dont pay rent or nothing so the money is mine. I have 3 interviews for cabin crew and 2 for reps. I really dont wanna waste them when the credit crunch is in full swing :S

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
sorry to hear about your news bud, you might need to widen your job search not jsut web design

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
Sorry to hear that. Thats why im sticking working in a Chippy. Its given me £200 a week I dont pay rent or nothing so the money is mine. I have 3 interviews for cabin crew and 2 for reps. I really dont wanna waste them when the credit crunch is in full swing :S

Ironic that that's a very safe job to be in, lol.

Sorry to hear about the job lewis, everyone seems to be getting hit by it lately, I've been after a new job for a while, only thing I can seem to find is part-time crap, goodluck, hopefully you live in a better location than me for jobs. ><

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
There was a big fuss when Microsoft were laying people off, a few people I know got laid off, mainly due to the fact their role was no longer required in the company. They were given support from Microsoft for a few months to help them back into employment and they could also try in this time to find another role within Microsoft.

Not to mention the pay offs were amazing! Most companies should employ similar tactics a lot of comapanies just throw you out on your feet with a small pay off.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
And some companies arnt as successful as Microsoft.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
There was a big fuss when Microsoft were laying people off, a few people I know got laid off, mainly due to the fact their role was no longer required in the company. They were given support from Microsoft for a few months to help them back into employment and they could also try in this time to find another role within Microsoft.

Not to mention the pay offs were amazing! Most companies should employ similar tactics a lot of comapanies just throw you out on your feet with a small pay off.

In all fairness Microsoft can afford to do that.

most companies that lay people off cant, as they are laying people off because they can't afford to keep them nevermind give them a big pay out

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
got an interview next week for a software developer for garmin :) not where my experience is but i have the knowledge, not expecting to get it but worth a shot.

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
Yh I no how you feel the last couple of year has been crap for jobs, I've been working for YPO on agency for 1 year 5 month now and only getting £179 a week but there's people doing same job as me full time for £280 a week

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
i managed to get some temp work today through an agency just warehouse work, something i really don't wana ever do but need to bring in some money while i look for a job, i really hope none of you get made redudant, it's so horrible you don't realize how much you need a job until you don't have one. Thanks for you messages, i'm confident i will find something sooner or later and get back to designing some websites for servers etc when things settle down.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
i managed to get some temp work today through an agency just warehouse work, something i really don't wana ever do but need to bring in some money while i look for a job, i really hope none of you get made redudant, it's so horrible you don't realize how much you need a job until you don't have one. Thanks for you messages, i'm confident i will find something sooner or later and get back to designing some websites for servers etc when things settle down.
dude. sorry to hear you loosing your job. but get off your high horse beats working in a fish factory for £5.73 ahour your lucky you dont have to work in these such places