No screen problem

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
My pc kept turning it self of so i went into bios and enabled tempature warning to see if it was a heating prooblem, well after i restarted to take effect no picture is coming on the screen, like the monitor isnt reconising the pc has turned on, just stays blank, and i don' even think the pc is even loaded.

Anyone know how i can reset the bios? or maybe atleast get the screen working again so i can reset it?

thebeastyone-SA

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 7, 2004
Swindon
there was something i used to do to reset bios not sure if it works with modern comps tho. there is a lil flat battery on the mobo take it out wait 20mins put it back in and start it up.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Many different methods to resetting bios', check your motherboard's manual to be sure.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I tried this but only waited 5mins, are you ment to run it with the battery out or just leave it off for 20mins then put it back in?

Also i read you can do it by jumpers but i have no idea were it is on mine, i did it with my old pc but just can't seem to find it with this one.

No beep at startup either, would bios settings actually stop the system from working completly?.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
No beep = no post. If all you did were change a Bios setting then yeah, resetting it should be the trick.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Mobo died, CPU Died and RAM died lol, god knows how it happend.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Are you sure your ressting the bios with the kettle lead (power cable) unplugged? Seems abit odd all 3 components dieing at once unless of course you have had a surge. Or accidently changed the power settings in bios

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
2 pins were missing from the cpu, god knows how that happend, which i think destroyed the mobo over time, not sure what coursed the ram though, but it gives me a excuse to upgrade it, was kinder getting a little outdated anyway.

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
This happened to me too :P All three blew at once, but my external hard drive went with them... although I think that was coincidence haha.

I just bought a new computer because mine was totally outdated too.