not involving my comp but my ps2!! plz help

Dark12345

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Portsmouth
i searched google got nothing ur the last i could find lol... right basically my ps2 was working fine then my sis's friend come round a dropped it and now some of my games work and some dont,
this is what happens
some games just start normally (mostly crap games)
and the rest well they load up then u know the bit where playstation 2 comes up it takes me back to the browser and keeps doing it so basically browser->playstation 2 part-> back to browse
also dvds seem to work
help!!!!

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
Drop it again, should fix it.

If not it will make it worse, but I'm willing to take that chance.

:doggy!:

[Shadow]

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Oct 1, 2004
Counter Strike
your laser has been damaged/scratched you will need a new laser to read the disks same thing happend to me but my dog dropped it

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
Try turning your PS2 to a different angle, the laz0r actually points down when your ps2 is lay flat, if you put it on different angle it should help the laz0r read it.

Dark12345

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Portsmouth
erm ok...ill think of either putting it vertical or if that dont work ill get a compressed can of air and open the disk tray and spray lol and also how much tht new laz0r cost ya?

Last edited:

EvilGoku

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 28, 2005
Brighton
do what i did open up your ps2 and clean the laser and get all the dust out .... i leave my ps2 open all the time now cba to put case back on lol works fine.

digi-worx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2005
urbanfox said:
Try adjusting the lazer similar to the disk read error solution.

most logical solution. it's your best bet to be honest mate. also a can of compressed air to get rid of the crap stuck in there

hawker_lom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 25, 2004
mate ur ps2 is nakered now lol. coz u cant really buy new bits that easy. just wat till the new ps3 comes out or the xbox 360 or even the psp

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
[Shadow] said:
your laser has been damaged/scratched you will need a new laser to read the disks same thing happend to me but my dog dropped it
What the hell was your dog doing with your PS anyway lol, how could he/she drop it :S?

And funny how Stan is already banned.