Offering AlphaFrOzEn Server Files!

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnitzel2k3

I managed to get the AlphaFrOzEn R3 server files, and have uploaded them to my website.

Last edited by a moderator:

BroKeN

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2004
In Miles Left Nostrel
One Post Wonder..

Personally wudnt DL anything of any1 with a Lower than 50 Post Count..

All i gotta say

Schnitzel2k3

BroKeN said:
One Post Wonder..

Personally wudnt DL anything of any1 with a Lower than 50 Post Count..

All i gotta say

I only joined to offer the files, which I am using myself and there is nothing wrong with them.

Blaminator

VIP
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 11, 2003
London
Why not just post the link? And this really isn't Help, its more general server chat...

Moved.

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
do us all a god damn favour and delete the files once and for all.

Sure it was good the first time.
but not when the same set of files is hsoted over and over again renamed but barely changed.

Use your head and make your own server ffs.

anto135

i agree every1 who has the files should delete them coz there just gettin borin now

DeathShadow

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2003
South Wales
WeOwn has been altered a hell of a lot since it was alpha frozen.

And I agree, get rid of the files, they are so boring now.

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
so what how many players,
Noobs are just using them files now and are destroying the development of other servers.

-Loz-

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 27, 2004
link deleted by blood

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
-Loz- said:
link deleted by blood

why would i stick a post with the download of a file im trying to get people to forget about so badly?

Cmon people create your own god dman servers.

and no editing it slightly with a new name dosnt count as your own server ffs.

shinsu

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 11, 2003
there is no actual law for server files so if people want to use them the only thing that is illegal is the copy right from euro mir which every server has.

just cause you do not like sumthing doesnt mean you should ruin it for any1 else unless it effects you directly.

scottishhero

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 17, 2003
Glasgow, scotland
i think the use of alpha frozen files is good as it helps ppl who are new to making servers develop server skills and progress them onto making their own servers. I used Alphafrozen files for my 1st server and have since gone on to develop another server which has nothing to do with alpha frozen files.

I think they should be encouraged so ppl can develop fresh ideas into new servers which should make servers more interesting.

-Loz-

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 27, 2004
NewBlood said:
why would i stick a post with the download of a file im trying to get people to forget about so badly?

Cmon people create your own god dman servers.

and no editing it slightly with a new name dosnt count as your own server ffs.

most servers nowadays edit it more than slightly and im affraid it isnt your choice as you didnt release the files, leo did.

if leo comes on and says "no1 shall use the frozen files again" then so be it.

but you do not have that power as they are not your creation.

LeoCrasher

Yea Loz, at the end of the day its up to the creators what they want to do with the files. If your sick of the servers that are barely edited, no one is forcing you to play them as there will always be plenty servers that are not AlphaFrOzEn based. Hating them is good too, as long as you dont enforce your opinions/bias on others.

Ive been known to take or move the files off my site, and refuse to send them to people on MSN. This is because sometimes there are too many AF based servers online at a given point (which is really a complete contradiction to what i just said). In the short term, AF based servers edited or not achieve higher player counts than those that are not AF based, and thus why the files must be controlled in order to give other servers a chance and make sure variety and innovation continues, while balancing it by releasing the files to make sure new server owners have a set of files to learn from easily and are capable of contributing to the community.

\Leo

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
LeoCrasher said:
Yea Loz, at the end of the day its up to the creators what they want to do with the files. If your sick of the servers that are barely edited, no one is forcing you to play them as there will always be plenty servers that are not AlphaFrOzEn based. Hating them is good too, as long as you dont enforce your opinions/bias on others.

Ive been known to take or move the files off my site, and refuse to send them to people on MSN. This is because sometimes there are too many AF based servers online at a given point (which is really a complete contradiction to what i just said). In the short term, AF based servers edited or not achieve higher player counts than those that are not AF based, and thus why the files must be controlled in order to give other servers a chance and make sure variety and innovation continues, while balancing it by releasing the files to make sure new server owners have a set of files to learn from easily and are capable of contributing to the community.

\Leo

I totally agree, why dont we take a step foward for a change and add some life back into one the greatest mmorpg know today.
We have ran servers, we have joined servers, we need something new, not just alphafrozen, use your imagination

Craig

michelle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Hampshire UK
Yes a lot of people do seem to use AF servers files as I presume they must be easy files to get into running a server with, but those that dont learn or dont modify them though soon fall by the wayside, but some learn a lot from using them and go onto drasticly modify them or then start server from scratch and then go onto being valuable members of the community contributing stuff, weras if the files werent available for these people to learn from in the first place they might not have bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.