*** [OldSkool] - [2.3] - [Med/HgihRate] - [DediHost] ***

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Oh i do say, guys give bon a break he is sorting stuff out, considering the sub class's was a bad mistake as you dint bover to test it all befor you put it online.
its hard to test balance betwen class's and stats when ur on ur own, its a lot easier to do it when a server has a lot of ppl on.

balance on all servers takes time, no1 ever has a perfectly balanced server..

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Oh i do say, guys give bon a break he is sorting stuff out, considering the sub class's was a bad mistake as you dint bover to test it all befor you put it online.
Do us all a favour and 'jump' you prick.

/Gandi

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
look guys... plz give feedback about the sub class's, but dont moan... we r fixin em but balance takes time and testin, u cant instantly make them all amazing. also a lot of u aint fully understandin wot the sub class is meant to do, not all are meant to have amazing hp and amazing dc (asssasin).. they ahve to have a strength (gr8 dc) and a weakness (lower hp) (assasin).

Absolutely. Go to a different game and create a druid/healer (tao, in mirs case). You can't expect to be able to do loads of dmg, if any tbh. Cos that's not what they are for.

Choose a tank class (war, in mirs case) and you can't expect to do DD/(wiz, in mirs case) damage.

Choose a dd(wiz, again) and you can't expect to be able to tank bosses.

So as far as the subclass system on this server goes, it does make sense. But oh, oh. I see a problem. Do you?

As it is at the moment, being a wiz has no disadvantages.

Last edited:

strido

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 20, 2006
it also seems to me that tao's arent even really very usefull as a suppot class, the only thing they are good for is red poison, and i hear thats getting reduced in strength aswell?

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
ben i aitn avin a go , iam posting my opinion , as i sed ingame i love server.

and steish u aint got a clue what you on about..

was zt kr ova day a mage lvl 3 wi shield dunno wat sub class , 3 warrs jump her and took like 2-3 tdb off each of us before she died :S and i got dc 160 wi my rage and key7 :S

i like my class ben i just think assasin need hp ( aint been ingame to check if been upped for like 3 days cos no at home)

ben ur doing great i swear i aint moaning bro , you do good and very helpful gms :)

cya ingame soon m8

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
New website - http://www.oldskoolonline.co.uk/

Todays Updates:
-A massive 6-8 floor cave, DarkDrgnDungeon.. it has a bdd style effect to it (lvlin mobs+a mini boss on each floor), cause its high exp and easy mobs the drops are rly crap, eg no rares will come from the normal mobs... however the sub boss's will drop. The final boss is AllCreation (a boss that spawns a lot off diff mobs, prob be 1 of hardest boss's in game)

-Secret BugKing cave added to BC, accessable via LDC

Latest Updates :

-NumaCave + AntCave added to LithiumProvince (use town teleport NPC at teleland to access these areas)

-ShinigamiProvince added to townteleport NPC, new temple + cave added to province, u must explore to find.
-GTs fixed, aswell as GT garden and mines added

-Fox cave adjusted (mob stats+EXP), and fox items made lvl 50 52 54 - 56 58 60...

-AntCave EXP made higher

What ill be workin on next few days:

-Lots of quests!

Also, you'll need a new minimap data to be able to see minimaps in new caves, download can be found here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/91111311/mmap.zip.html
or
http://www.neo16uk.karoo.net/Download/mmap.zip
(both or same thing, big thx to Feeo for doin a mirror)

Extract to DATA.

Last edited:

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
was jsut woundering if u could put like serpy swords and SSw's in shop or sommit?? and g axes and mage staffs just up to there lvl 30 weapons?

just abit annoying being stuck with noobie sword :P.

only started about an hour ago, and server is very nicley done, very nice work bon (Y).

/Darkunit

norman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 10, 2004
I Wasen't having a go bon as i think server is great, what i ment was if i pvp a paper mage, it's a good fight and can last for a while, As we both have to keep potting constantly to stay alive, However what i ment about mages and papers, are mages are extremaly hard to kill in pvp as if they get 1-2hits in on you your a gonna, for example you can get alot in on mages and they can outpot you easy!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I Wasen't having a go bon as i think server is great, what i ment was if i pvp a paper mage, it's a good fight and can last for a while, As we both have to keep potting constantly to stay alive, However what i ment about mages and papers, are mages are extremaly hard to kill in pvp as if they get 1-2hits in on you your a gonna, for example you can get alot in on mages and they can outpot you easy!
i saw a paper mage fight a mage yesterday, the paper mage was abotu 5 lvls higher with better kit.. the fight lasted a while but the paper mage eventually won
then they pvped in same kit and it went on for a while but the paper mage still won

was jsut woundering if u could put like serpy swords and SSw's in shop or sommit?? and g axes and mage staffs just up to there lvl 30 weapons?

just abit annoying being stuck with noobie sword :P.

only started about an hour ago, and server is very nicley done, very nice work bon (Y).

/Darkunit
believe lvl30 weapons are in weapons shop in BW weaps.

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
warrior and mage lvl 30 are but taos arnt :P.

so please add ^_^.

/Darkunit

p.s is it laggy? or just my pc being gay??

OldDirty

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 16, 2007
Absolutely. Go to a different game and create a druid/healer (tao, in mirs case). You can't expect to be able to do loads of dmg, if any tbh. Cos that's not what they are for.

Choose a tank class (war, in mirs case) and you can't expect to do DD/(wiz, in mirs case) damage.

Choose a dd(wiz, again) and you can't expect to be able to tank bosses.

So as far as the subclass system on this server goes, it does make sense. But oh, oh. I see a problem. Do you?

As it is at the moment, being a wiz has no disadvantages.

taos need to be hard. servers need to stop making them a support class only. imo they need to be inderpendant and have damage - cause if they dont then no 1 will use them.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
tbh ben i agree about tao , i think you shud do a poll , make tao so its just like euro tao...cause sub classes on tao dont rly work , warr and wizzie sub classes i lv but seem taos get screwed over abit lol.

up 2 u mate , i working 2-10 all week so dowt ill be on :(

i miss OS haha , speak to u soon bro.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
why u all moanin about taos sayin they are crap lol.... go watch sayuri

she summons some yimoogi pets and various other boss's frm bones, then she can go own loads....

i watched her ownin loads of places with yimoogi pets....

tao with yims pets, grped with a Wiz... yims red psn all mobs and wiz owns mobs. "support"

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
why u all moanin about taos sayin they are crap lol.... go watch sayuri

she summons some yimoogi pets and various other boss's frm bones, then she can go own loads....

i watched her ownin loads of places with yimoogi pets....

tao with yims pets, grped with a Wiz... yims red psn all mobs and wiz owns mobs. "support"

sound sexy, but still could u help with the missing tele stone in BW lol. and also the level 30 tao weapons in shops please :P

/Darkunit

norman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 10, 2004
Also why have i learnt flameinsword as a paper wiz?

Archa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Bristol ,England
Can you actualy use it though?

Tele stone moved up the other day for me, by that Soldier npc.

Archa, why dont you just go WT and get lvl 30 wep within 5mins.

now that i know where they drop thanks to you, i will =p. just keep laging out atm =s.

/Darkunit

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
now that i know where they drop thanks to you, i will =p. just keep laging out atm =s.

/Darkunit
u dont actually lag out, its just a lag spike... stay ingame it will un lag

its an issue we are workin on unfortunatly.