OldSkool Mir (v2) - Release 20th January 7pm

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Important
Recent reports of user count alterations (Under review 08/04/23)

Item selling fees have increased to 20% from 10% at launch.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
how many shares as ben got in this coin he is getting people to invest in to use as GG?

wouldnt that be classed as attemting to manipulating crypto market getting mir players to buy into a coin he owns shares of to inflate the price to the sell at its highest price?
Okay let’s go with that, let’s say he’s invested in the coin. Do you genuinely think a single mir server is going to influence the market so much that it makes him more money then just having a donation shop or subscription service ?

Reactions: Belle

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
@Jev what is the stand of LOMCN with the Auto Play system? I understand fishing/mining/pigs/stalls leveling but a full auto play system hugely inflating usercount will really not be fair to other server owners on ranking page.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
how many shares as ben got in this coin he is getting people to invest in to use as GG?

wouldnt that be classed as attemting to manipulating crypto market getting mir players to buy into a coin he owns shares of to inflate the price to the sell at its highest price?
lol with every post you make yourself look more stupid. Please go educate yourself on crypto if you want to continue this discussion.
while your at it google what a pyramid scheme is as well.....

You do not have to buy any crypto or have any involvement in crypto whatsoever if all you want to do is play the game.

here's a link to polygon matic, go read

Okay let’s go with that, let’s say he’s invested in the coin. Do you genuinely think a single mir server is going to influence the market so much that it makes him more money then just having a donation shop or subscription service ?
POLYGON has a marketcap of 7.14 billion... I reckon we can move that needle a bit :ROFLMAO:
POLYGON has a marketcap of 7.14 billion... I reckon we can move that needle a bit :ROFLMAO:

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
I believe he's right to raise concerns, he is just failing to explain himself fully.

I found a resource for players to review to get an idea of what it is: https://www.cryptonewsz.com/crypto-wallet/metamask-review/

In regards to POLYGON MATIC, who controls the user data/funds within this application? I read in most instances the developer has control of all of this, this was the only red flag I could find as it was discussed that the developer could take everything.

As much as you understand Crypto currency, the mainstream knowledge of this subject is limited and jaded from a multitude of real life extreme case scenarios. So expect questions and comments in this vein - this is a mir forum after all.

I personally wouldn't engage in this system - do I have to in order to play?

I loved this feature on your old server too:
-Gain / Loss of EXP on PK
As with the previous server, when you Opt in to PK Status you will be able to steal EXP from your victim when you kill them. This will only work if both parties (Killer and Victim) have enabled the PK System. If 1 of the parties is not enabled, no EXP is loss or gained.
But I much preferred the full levels. :D
That is such misleading information,

We only store your wallet address, when you sell an item so we can send you the money. and your wallet address is not really confidential it's like your paypal address.

We cannot access your wallet in any way, unless we have your private key........ and you are not required to provide your wallet private key in any case, we just store your wallet address and thats it.

it is basically a trustmerchant that works on web with Polygon matic as the currency lol, what a hassle..

Reactions: Sanjian and NewHope

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
@Jev what is the stand of LOMCN with the Auto Play system? I understand fishing/mining/pigs/stalls leveling but a full auto play system hugely inflating usercount will really not be fair to other server owners on ranking page.
It’s a complicated one, obviously it’s a first for LOMCN and staff haven’t needed/wanted talk about the server in private staff channels (for good or for bad) who knows.

I do think users should be cautious about Mirtracks for the same reason as you said above, you can’t guarantee it reflects the actual user count compared to the player count.

Reactions: zedina

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
you said you wasnt stiring yet that is a proper salty comment. bots/duplicate accounts are fine for fishing/mining/stalls but not for auto play? lol leave it out.
Like most you are just jumping to conclusions with a "full auto play system".. its just auto combat.. not auto play......

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
you said you wasnt stiring yet that is a proper salty comment. bots/duplicate accounts are fine for fishing/mining/stalls but not for auto play? lol leave it out.
Like most you are just jumping to conclusions with a "full auto play system".. its just auto combat.. not auto play......
Its not a stir :( . One thing is to have a fish bot, miner bot, stall which affects only a branch of game.
Other is to open 20 clients auto playing killing monsters, casting skills, picking items, picking gold.

I don't think is fair for other server owners that worked to have non afk mechanics on their server and have zero tolerance on bots.

You are legalizing bots which will make other servers implement it to keep up on the ranking which will turn Mir a AFK game.

Reactions: Lose

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Its not a stir :( . One thing is to have a fish bot, miner bot, stall which affects only a branch of game.
Other is to open 20 clients auto playing killing monsters, casting skills, picking items, picking gold.
your comment was specifically about inflating usercount, regardless of what that ingame character is doing, has the exact same affect which is +1 usercount.
In that respect that are the exact same thing.......?

I mean I've never seen arcadia go below like 80 users in the many years its been going, clearly fake usercount. same could be said for other servers. I'd bet tons of servers change the code to inflate usercount and stuff.

Fact is the mir tracks stuff cant be trusted cause it can so easily be manipulated w/o any proof. tbh that is the same with pretty much any game tho, ppl are so obssessed with usercount but its all rubbish

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
your comment was specifically about inflating usercount, regardless of what that ingame character is doing, has the exact same affect which is +1 usercount.
In that respect that are the exact same thing.......?

I mean I've never seen arcadia go below like 80 users in the many years its been going, clearly fake usercount. same could be said for other servers. I'd bet tons of servers change the code to inflate usercount and stuff.

Fact is the mir tracks stuff cant be trusted cause it can so easily be manipulated w/o any proof. tbh that is the same with pretty much any game tho, ppl are so obssessed with usercount but its all rubbish
Arcadia before Xmas event had 60 online tops.

However this doesn't change the fact that one thing is having 2-3 stalls, other is having 20 clients auto farming gold.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Arcadia before Xmas event had 60 online tops.

However this doesn't change the fact that one thing is having 2-3 stalls, other is having 20 clients auto farming gold.
honestly lets just agree to disagree.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich

PUMP & DUMP as they call it
Spend 10 minutes online reading about any markets please.

Boomer mentality honestly.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Honestly this is just a big slap to all server owners who really tried to avoid afk mechanics.
Why are you wanting to continue this discussion? We aint going to convince one another so why bother.
You have written off a feature you haven't even seen or experienced because you think its going to give a fake usercount and what, make less people play your server? Are you like this on every new server advert that threatens your server?

• Haha
Reactions: zedina

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Many wont like this I'm sure but there is also plenty that will especially if you have played Mir4. Its nice to have something new rather than the same old even if it doesn't end up being amazing.

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
nice idea but i think u played mir 4 for a bit too long will be interested to see how it all comes together in the end

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Honestly it doesn't matter what you change, add and remove people will always cry and complain about it. Personally I like Auto-Play everyone is getting on in years now and repeating the same grind for levels in mir is time consuming and quite boring this gives everyone a way to progress skipping out on some of that boredom.

Another thing is all these people who complain about auto-play yet look at Jamie's server he offered to add it most said no then he caught half the people who said don't add it running afk macros... this is proof everyone is bored of it the only people who don't want it are those who already expliot it using macros but wanna keep that advantage to themselves this levels the playing field.

As for the crypto side of things although I personally hate crypto I think for P-servers its a step in the right directions I've heard some proper shady charge back story's on this site this prevents that completely.

(I'm an oldschool gamer who thinks games should be subscription and designed for fun and enjoyment without all this cash shop trash but unfortunately its just the way the world is now)

Anyway best of luck with the server.

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
is the auto combat and hunting free?
you should not make it free add a 1 hour afk card from boss or mobs or game shop that then in return will allow u 1 hour off auto combat .
and make it stack so if you use 5 afk card u will have 5 hours afk if you use 24 afk card u can auto for 24 hours and so on

Reactions: Vyse

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
is the auto combat and hunting free?
you should not make it free add a 1 hour afk card from boss or mobs or game shop that then in return will allow u 1 hour off auto combat .
and make it stack so if you use 5 afk card u will have 5 hours afk if you use 24 afk card u can auto for 24 hours and so on

I think thats the problem with auto at the moment if you do it so players can use it 24/7 it will spoil the game and always upset those who manual play. I would say maybe there should be a balance for it X amount of time earned every day from dailys (8 hours), then the shop you could purchase say 30 up to hours a week. (works out 12 hours auto a day in a week)

This would allow those who work or have busy lives to progress but not outshine those who put in more time an effort to play manually. would also mean if you have a holiday coming up or something you could stock up hours before then and still make progress well away.

Reactions: NoLife999

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Auto hunting won’t be used a lot, auto cast will, it allows u to not hold 1 button down forever or holding shift and xhm click for years

If u auto play I’m sure you’ll be dead in 5-10mins, people will hunt the auto players… it’s a good feature imo gives improved QOL on levelling saves u spamming that one key 24/7.
Also it’s not going to be as viable tbh, because it won’t mass lure for u, just go from mob to mob and cast.. eventually you’ll run out of pots and what not so it’ll be small uses i think

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
Auto hunting won’t be used a lot, auto cast will, it allows u to not hold 1 button down forever or holding shift and xhm click for years

If u auto play I’m sure you’ll be dead in 5-10mins, people will hunt the auto players… it’s a good feature imo gives improved QOL on levelling saves u spamming that one key 24/7.
Also it’s not going to be as viable tbh, because it won’t mass lure for u, just go from mob to mob and cast.. eventually you’ll run out of pots and what not so it’ll be small uses i think
but there is nothing to stop a person making 4 accounts and leaving 3 off them to afk farm for free atm. yes u may die lose pot ect but non off that would matter on a alt if he is gain you items and gold to pass to your main