OldSkool Mir (v2) - Release 20th January 7pm

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Important
Recent reports of user count alterations (Under review 08/04/23)

Item selling fees have increased to 20% from 10% at launch.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
mans gonna get pumped and dumped and then come out with 100 different excuses. this **** is the death of mir. if mods are gonna allow bull **** like this the the community has taken its last breath.

Your servers have been great there is no need for this bull **** this only spoils your reputation.

Because all crypto/NFT bollocks is a scam the insiders make bank while ******* over every one else how many times does the same **** have to happen for people to understand there being taken for a ride?. The only people to benefit that are not part of the scam are those in the 3rd world who are gonna spend 16 hours a day to make in a day what they would in a month.

Your eyes are tainted by story's of people getting lucky cashing out in the middle of a dump.

Nobody really gave a **** about loot boxes until it was to late to stop. We are in the position to stop it before it gets out of hand.

So all crypto is a scam then explain Mir4's Crypto and my experience with it. Bare in mind I keep track of all transactions I make when playing game First character I made few hundrad pound profit and I wasn't in a top clan getting fed resouces to help strengthen my character and increase its value and was learning the game from 0, second character I bought an NFT for a £80 which wasn't even a third of the profit I sold my character for I then sold that at a profit a few months on and used the funds from it to buy an even better character down the line that last character I broke even on.

That money was take out of the crypto and put back into my bank account.

I agree that crypto in general has a shady side and obviously the owners are making a profit from using it but its not as bad as your making it out to be and people can make profit from it.

You need to get a grip man your making a mountain out of a molehill. one that won't change a single thing on the grand scale of thing because just like how people didn't like donations, then cash shops this is next stage in the path and 5 maybe 10 years from now every single mmorpg is probably going to be using crypto in some sorta way.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
mans gonna get pumped and dumped and then come out with 100 different excuses. this **** is the death of mir. if mods are gonna allow bull **** like this the the community has taken its last breath.

Your servers have been great there is no need for this bull **** this only spoils your reputation.

Because all crypto/NFT bollocks is a scam the insiders make bank while ******* over every one else how many times does the same **** have to happen for people to understand there being taken for a ride?. The only people to benefit that are not part of the scam are those in the 3rd world who are gonna spend 16 hours a day to make in a day what they would in a month.

Your eyes are tainted by story's of people getting lucky cashing out in the middle of a dump.

Nobody really gave a **** about loot boxes until it was to late to stop. We are in the position to stop it before it gets out of hand.
dude you really aint understanding at all.
we are just using crypto as a payment method - please explain to me why that is a scam?
its no different to using paypal to pay £10 for game gold.

Anyway, happy to announce we'll be releasing January 20th, see you then people
OSMirBannerJan.png

Reactions: BlackSky and Vyse

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Use crypto.com or there app to buy Matic, then transfer what you need to your MetaMask wallet, it’s also cheaper on there then MetaMask, I do it daily for afew web3 games I’m currently playing, all be it much bigger games then a private mir server but I’ve never had any problems with MetaMask, if you go through the browser on the MetaMask app you can choose what you use, I personally use DuckDuckGo browser within the app, also never had any issues at all buying from the likes of Opensea etc through it, I won’t be playing but I’m guessing that’s where your going to be listing your nfts? Or you’ll have your own blockchain hub? Either way people will be able to sell there nfts via opensea if your own hub has fees on transactions (your commission) and you’ll miss out on them, people do it all the time with the games I’m playing to skip admin fees etc, and don’t forget weather it be your own “hub” or opensea, there will be “Gas” fees to pay on every transaction. Anyway my 2pence, good luck with it all!

Edit forgot to mention, you might want to make it clear to your players that to able to cash out on there Matic, they will need another wallet, be it with Crypto.com or Binance or any other exchange app, they’ll need to transfer there Matic from MetaMask to an exchange app and then cash it out because there’s no cash out on MetaMask.

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Not forgetting to actually withdraw to bank from most exchanges players need to be aware that it will be a good idea to set up the KYC verification well in advance. I’ve had 2 big exchanges actually fail me for no apparent reason which caused a big headache trying to resolve.

Getting money into crypto is a lot easier than taking it out sometimes.

Reactions: Nameless and syke

Grumpycookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2004
All this crypto stuff gives me a massive freaking headache, i dont own a crypto account for that reason and i highly doubt ima start now. i really wanna play your server and no doubt donate like i do on every server i've played to date. im not gonna make a crypto account cause i dont have time or patient to educate myself or listen to someone try educate me about it.. and i dont really wanna be bothering people i know with crypto accounts to be sending me crypto currency.

that being said will there be anyway for people like me thats to dumb, inpatient and just cant be arsed to teach him self something new to donate thru other methods?.

obviously Paypal is off the menu and i fully understand. i feel and think you might lose a little revenue from people like me. i know ur reputation you dont do this for the money. u do it for the love of the game so i highly doubt its gonna bother u much anyway :ROFLMAO:

its just that i want that pick up pet, and mount no doubt shoulder pads and other stuff peoples mir shop offers.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
It’s great Bens trying to bring web3 into mir, but it’s really not going to work, the community is waaayyyyy to small and you are literally relying on the servers up time, no doubt afew will make a pretty penny on the first rares etc that drop, but once the server closes your nfts are worthless here, web3 is the next gen of gaming, but I’m pretty sure a private mir2 server is not going to draw in million/billionaire backers like the real up and coming web3 nft games.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
All this crypto stuff gives me a massive freaking headache, i dont own a crypto account for that reason and i highly doubt ima start now. i really wanna play your server and no doubt donate like i do on every server i've played to date. im not gonna make a crypto account cause i dont have time or patient to educate myself or listen to someone try educate me about it.. and i dont really wanna be bothering people i know with crypto accounts to be sending me crypto currency.

that being said will there be anyway for people like me thats to dumb, inpatient and just cant be arsed to teach him self something new to donate thru other methods?.

obviously Paypal is off the menu and i fully understand. i feel and think you might lose a little revenue from people like me. i know ur reputation you dont do this for the money. u do it for the love of the game so i highly doubt its gonna bother u much anyway :ROFLMAO:

its just that i want that pick up pet, and mount no doubt shoulder pads and other stuff peoples mir shop offers.
Have a quick watch of this video I put together, its pretty simple to do and takes 5mins if you just buy via Moonpay with a card.
Setting up an exchange account etc does take a bit more time as need to do KYC verification etc and that is the best way to withdraw back to a bank account, although for those that don't want bank account interaction, I'd recommend Coinbase as you can withdraw to PayPal.

There are other methods like peer to peer.... you must have plenty of friends surely 1 of them will have some crypto. Just Paypal family & friends the money and get them to send you crypto, or simple ask them to do the transaction and put your account name in the box lol.

I appreciate peoples scepticism around crypto but its the route we've chosen as our payment method due to historical issues with PayPal banning accounts. I may look into Stripe as a payment system but as you said I do this for the love of the game, making money secondary. My focus right now is on a good launch and I've got lots of things I still want to do, I'm not going to waste that time setting up more payment methods and stuff as that just distracts from making the game better.

Codenamev

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 28, 2017
Dubai
Is the item reroll npc rates fixed as bad as they were on apoco and will it have a GG option?

Are you planning on selling kits/levels as side deals on this server because it was so obvious last server?

If no one buys GG or very few do because they dont want to use crypto are you going to change back to paypal?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Is the item reroll npc rates fixed as bad as they were on apoco and will it have a GG option?

Are you planning on selling kits/levels as side deals on this server because it was so obvious last server?

If no one buys GG or very few do because they dont want to use crypto are you going to change back to paypal?
I feel like I'm probably wasting my time replying to you as based on your very negative comment you probably aint going to play and are only here to have a little dig like some of the other haters... but alas here goes.

I can't answer your first point, as I didnt play Apoc, and have no idea on their rates or what they did.
It will be the same way I designed it on OS, so yes it will have the GG option i designed. I believe all apoc did was take my system and abuse it by adding a 0 or 00 to the multiplier, charging ridiculous amounts to players.

Pointless me answering this as you've already made up your mind and called me corrupt.

No we won't "change back to paypal" as we won't even start with paypal, thats been answered a few times.
I may look at stripe, but Paypal can **** off.

Reactions: BlackSky

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
Can GG items be traded across chars?

There will be black market sales anyway just wondering if GG will/can be included in that. Save the crypto side for some.

Codenamev

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 28, 2017
Dubai
I feel like I'm probably wasting my time replying to you as based on your very negative comment you probably aint going to play and are only here to have a little dig like some of the other haters... but alas here goes.

I can't answer your first point, as I didnt play Apoc, and have no idea on their rates or what they did.
It will be the same way I designed it on OS, so yes it will have the GG option i designed. I believe all apoc did was take my system and abuse it by adding a 0 or 00 to the multiplier, charging ridiculous amounts to players.

Pointless me answering this as you've already made up your mind and called me corrupt.

No we won't "change back to paypal" as we won't even start with paypal, thats been answered a few times.
I may look at stripe, but Paypal can **** off.

You can say my comment is negative but i bet 70% of the players that will probably play your server have the same thoughts... Apoco had certain items that had silly reroll rates compared to other items, one of the many reasons it got called a scam.

I did play your last server and i did enjoy it because it wasn't some carbon copy of some euro game people played 20 years ago.. you actually put abit of imagination into your server but you'd be a moron if you were to say there was no curruption going on, i remember half of "last rights" getting insanly kitted and levels after returning to the game after a long break, i also play with people that say they directly bought items/levels from you.

Corruption has become part of mir over the passed few years sadly.. you basically expect it on every server these days.

I will try your server and probably play it for abit but i doubt ill ever donate to it judging how your last server ended up

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Can GG items be traded across chars?

There will be black market sales anyway just wondering if GG will/can be included in that. Save the crypto side for some.
what do you mean GG items?
only thing you can buy with GG atm is like ur usual potions and stuff really isnt that much in the shop lol.

You can say my comment is negative but i bet 70% of the players that will probably play your server have the same thoughts... Apoco had certain items that had silly reroll rates compared to other items, one of the many reasons it got called a scam.

I did play your last server and i did enjoy it because it wasn't some carbon copy of some euro game people played 20 years ago.. you actually put abit of imagination into your server but you'd be a moron if you were to say there was no curruption going on, i remember half of "last rights" getting insanly kitted and levels after returning to the game after a long break, i also play with people that say they directly bought items/levels from you.

Corruption has become part of mir over the passed few years sadly.. you basically expect it on every server these days.

I will try your server and probably play it for abit but i doubt ill ever donate to it judging how your last server ended up
But what has Apoc got to do with Oldskool? I dont know why you or anyone else brings it up.
Completely different servers ran by completely different people (ignoring Hany who just codes) who have completely different mind sets. My view is completely different to that of Dan/Kane that did Apoc?

Well thanks for the positive comment altho pretty condescending lol.

Its interesting tho how you sit here, call me corrupt, slag me off, give me a "well done for using my imagination" yet are quite happy to say you'll play my game for free, give me nothing in return, not money or recognition or appreciation, and people wonder why this community has turned to **** lol.

Do you really see nothing wrong with your attitude or post?

Oh I'm so glad I was able to provide you with some free entertainment on OS v1, and will be able to hopefully do that again on v2, just to get some more shitty comments in return. I'm truly grateful, thanks :D

Reactions: BlackSky

Codenamev

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 28, 2017
Dubai
only thing you can buy with GG atm is like ur usual potions and stuff really isnt that much in the shop lol.

But what has Apoc got to do with Oldskool? I dont know why you or anyone else brings it up.
Completely different servers ran by completely different people (ignoring Hany who just codes) who have completely different mind sets. My view is completely different to that of Dan/Kane that did Apoc?

Well thanks for the positive comment altho pretty condescending lol.

Its interesting tho how you sit here, call me corrupt, slag me off, give me a "well done for using my imagination" yet are quite happy to say you'll play my game for free, give me nothing in return, not money or recognition or appreciation, and people wonder why this community has turned to **** lol.

Do you really see nothing wrong with your attitude or post?

Oh I'm so glad I was able to provide you with some free entertainment on OS v1, and will be able to hopefully do that again on v2, just to get some more shitty comments in return. I'm truly grateful, thanks :D
It was a genuine question about the system it self.. its only been around since apoco and in my personal opinion ruins server and devalues items massively.

I've never slagged you off, i was simply stating a fact from my propsective.. what i asked is what most of your players will be thinking.. well it is based off the people ive played with and some chatter from other discords.

I donated on oldskool v1, the 1st server of yours ive played.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

Dude, you are not describing. crypto, you are describing the whole financial system.

Like seriously, its not that big of a deal, just another form of payment.

You put your worthless fiat currency in -> it gets converted to a worthless crypto currency -> you buy items.

Or, you sell items -> you get worthless crypto currency -> you instantly cash it out for your worthless fiat currency.

Totally fail to see where the "scam" or problem with this is. The only scam would be if you don't get your items or your worthless currency. Otherwise its exactly the same as before but with a different middle man.

God, no wonder the worlds in the state it is with so many uneducated people flying about. You all deserve to stay poor.

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011

Ah fair enough, I presumed shop would prob have the usual like exp pots, pets, potentially torches etc.

Not a dig a question as black market sales will happen between players on every server so just asking about any items if tradable etc

Edit: tradable also helps the people who don’t want to donate at all as they can use gold etc

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Ah fair enough, I presumed shop would prob have the usual like exp pots, pets, potentially torches etc.

Not a dig a question as black market sales will happen between players on every server so just asking about any items if tradable etc

Edit: tradable also helps the people who don’t want to donate at all as they can use gold etc
ye so Gameshop currently has things like you said, xp pots etc just your general stuff. no items or anything like that.

ye im sure people will do private trades still, cant really stop them, but those that want to do it in a safe and open way can do it via the web marketplace with crypto as the currency.

all items are tradable yes

Reactions: BlackSky and syke

James

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2010
@Bon Where did you get your mailing list? I've seen your email in 3 mailboxes and my concern is growing. My son recieved it and has only ever played Apoc V2, so did they give/sell you the email list without consent from the users??

Reactions: LOMValkyrie and Gem

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
@Martyn @Tai can you confirm my information on LOMCN wasn't sold? As it's only used on Apoc V2 and here..

Bon claims to have no connection with Apoc V2 yet I'm receiving emails from either LOMCN or sold data?

Really appreciate the transparency.

• Wow
Reactions: zedina and Gem

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
@Martyn @Tai can you confirm my information on LOMCN wasn't sold? As it's only used on Apoc V2 and here..

Bon claims to have no connection with Apoc V2 yet I'm receiving emails from either LOMCN or sold data?

Really appreciate the transparency.
Why would lomcn sell your email? wouldn't that defeat the object of selling the mass emails?? :rolleyes:

You would know if it comes from lomcn as the email itself comes from @lomcn, if it doesn't contain @lomcn in the mail, then it would appear he got it elsewhere.

I got one myself tbh o.0