OldSkool Mir (v2) - Release 20th January 7pm

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Important
Recent reports of user count alterations (Under review 08/04/23)

Item selling fees have increased to 20% from 10% at launch.

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Not been wanting to reply as I've been trying to keep neutral.

Ben, You claim you have banned 100s of bots. I am sorry to say that's just a claim from you and there is no proof of this, Why would you remove bots? You may lose players if you don't, which in turn could see the dimmish of sales. But then again these bots could potentially help with your profits, People would not disagree you and your team deserves to make money from your project. And I can honestly say you've gone the route you have because people have no consumer rights, please correct me if wrong, I know server owners have issues with certain players who decide to donate hundreds in cash and then do claim backs once they get bored or get banned. I strongly believe you have also added such methods in place to allow people to buy characters/items/gold because you know you cannot control the sale of them, so in turn you have decided to profit from such transactions.

I wish you and the team the best,
Well you obviously only read what you want to read, they was banned coz they are also cheating (rt on low hp)

I’ve really enjoyed the nft side of it making little bit of cash it’s beeen fun 😂 me an others who wouldn’t be able to sell now can, I don’t see the problem as everyone can buy and sell.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I don’t see the problem as everyone can buy and sell.
.... if you have done the whole set up for a wallet.

Before anyone pipes up:

I don't really like the idea of Crypto in Mir but Mir 4 and Ben's server has "so far" proven that it can work, who knows what the future holds for private mir 2/3 servers.

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
.... if you have done the whole set up for a wallet.

Before anyone pipes up:

I don't really like the idea of Crypto in Mir but Mir 4 and Ben's server has "so far" proven that it can work, who knows what the future holds for private mir 2/3 servers.
It literally takes 5 mins to sort your wallet, and if you watch bens video even quicker.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Haven't played mir in years but drawn to the crypto aspect. Unsure of the implementation, is every item dropped instantly created as an NFT or only when you go to list on the market place? So many use cases are possible, lottery systems for instance that give players a chance to win MATIC (Pay for a ticket, let the pool build for a week and draw a winner from entered wallets - take a % fee). Voting systems that let players influence rates etc at a small cost of having the vote.

Really liking the market place though, I'd recommend allowing users to view the smart contracts and transactions going through should help ease people in with a little explanation. For instance I've seen the commission rate you guys take can be changed at anytime, so what's stopping you for setting that rate to a 100%

Looks good though can't wait to see what's next.

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
Thought this would be a lot better than it is, pretty much just oldskool re-released with crypto+auto, The auto script rt is a joke DragonDynasty+Tyloo having their entire guilds using it farming gold+items is just crazy.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Thought this would be a lot better than it is, pretty much just oldskool re-released with crypto+auto, The auto script rt is a joke DragonDynasty+Tyloo having their entire guilds using it farming gold+items is just crazy.
It's not the auto rt being the problem

It's people having scripts to auto rt/tt when their hp drops to a certain point

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I’m not sure if he meant the @level as a dig personally, but who knows. I’m the same tbh I find it strange to log onto a game to set it up to ‘auto’ and walk away and leave it. It’s not a dig or moan just I’d rather play a game personal opinion that’s all.

However from people I know who have tried it they have said it’s an amazing feature and love it. Some have said they use it just for that small boost with family time, some used it lots, others have said they dont use it much.

It’s clearly a popular feature and I’m sure one other servers will use.

It’s a shame that there isn’t other payment ways for those playing due to people who can’t/won’t use crypto, other than buying off other players but there is still a risk there, again though you explained why and with the PayPal results of others recently I can’t see any new servers using that as a method now.
I was like this.

But have basically auto levelled to level 65, and as someone who hates the lower levels it’s been a god send.

Just pop it on while working and keep an eye on it with laptop next to me, otherwise with amount i get to actually play I’d be like 20 still.

Actually first Mir server I’ve enjoyed in years, as always Ben delivers 👍

I am abit confused with all the crafting/enhancement stuff and slightly baffled as to what a rare item actually is?

Like what are the rare sets actually called?

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I was like this.

But have basically auto levelled to level 65, and as someone who hates the lower levels it’s been a god send.

Just pop it on while working and keep an eye on it with laptop next to me, otherwise with amount i get to actually play I’d be like 20 still.

I am abit confused with all the crafting/enhancement stuff and slightly baffled as to what a rare item actually is?

I got to level70 by basically auto playing whilst I work, play fifa or watch tv.
I have probably spent 10% of my time actually playing (Did a couple of rifts).

No idea on the items, I haven't bought anything, I just equip what I find. But I agree, the whole Rare, Epic etc is ruined on here as all items can have either grade.
Some say "Tier3" yet they're low level and junk items.

Plus, I have made probably £20 just from selling gold and shard on NFT. Not a lot of money but as I have no intentions on playing properly I just sell it on the NFT market.

Reactions: Sanjian

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I was like this.

All the items are listed on the crafter, but as you get into the 90+ items they do get pretty rare and difficult to craft.
There are also random rare items and 1 "set" which is the oldskool set which are super rare and only from bosses, think 2 items have dropped now.

Any item can be any grade (common - godly) which just improves its stats
Post automatically merged:

I got to level70 by basically auto playing whilst I work, play fifa or watch tv.
I have probably spent 10% of my time actually playing (Did a couple of rifts).

No idea on the items, I haven't bought anything, I just equip what I find. But I agree, the whole Rare, Epic etc is ruined on here as all items can have either grade.
Some say "Tier3" yet they're low level and junk items.

Plus, I have made probably £20 just from selling gold and shard on NFT. Not a lot of money but as I have no intentions on playing properly I just sell it on the NFT market.
sounds like a win to me :p

Reactions: Sanjian

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
All the items are listed on the crafter, but as you get into the 90+ items they do get pretty rare and difficult to craft.
There are also random rare items and 1 "set" which is the oldskool set which are super rare and only from bosses, think 2 items have dropped now.

Any item can be any grade (common - godly) which just improves its stats
Post automatically merged:

sounds like a win to me :p

Ah so there is no like sets like Bon/trance ect it just goes normal levelled items -> oldskool. So a level 80+ item is generally considered rareish then it’s up to you to craft/enhance it?

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
The autoplay is enjoyable but when I asked myself if I would enjoy playing the game manually I thought no, which is not a complaint towards the server, it is good, but I prefer Jamie's style of servers especially his work on the quality of life and spell changes.

Stridey123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Crypto is the future of gaming, youll be buying and selling NFTs without even realising it.

Glad to see it being incorporated into such an old game. Nice work Ben, hope everything goes well with the server

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
I have been giving this a little go over the last couple of weeks due to being off work with some health issues and also because I loved the previous OldSkool. Have to say, that my initial concerns about the crypto incorporation were unnecessary, and it has been really easy to use. I haven't donated but have been able to fund game gold purchases by selling some bits I have found along the way so far.

The autoplay feature is really handy, I dont personally feel it helps close the gap between casuals and no lifers but it limits how wide it would normally be. I actually find myself using it to enhance my manual experience funnily enough but have been using it when fully AFK also, works well! To those of you that have pked me when afk.. your cards have been marked :P

One thing i miss from the previous OS was the chance of those super rares drops such as blood suckers / exp necklace / succubus that made normal grinding fun, but i guess with so much auto now, would probably be hard to introduce without flooding the game.

Not sure how much non AFK play i'll get now I'm back at work however good work so far @Bon.

Reactions: Martyn

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I have been giving this a little go over the last couple of weeks due to being off work with some health issues and also because I loved the previous OldSkool. Have to say, that my initial concerns about the crypto incorporation were unnecessary, and it has been really easy to use. I haven't donated but have been able to fund game gold purchases by selling some bits I have found along the way so far.

The autoplay feature is really handy, I dont personally feel it helps close the gap between casuals and no lifers but it limits how wide it would normally be. I actually find myself using it to enhance my manual experience funnily enough but have been using it when fully AFK also, works well! To those of you that have pked me when afk.. your cards have been marked :p

One thing i miss from the previous OS was the chance of those super rares drops such as blood suckers / exp necklace / succubus that made normal grinding fun, but i guess with so much auto now, would probably be hard to introduce without flooding the game.

Not sure how much non AFK play i'll get now I'm back at work however good work so far @Bon.
This could be introduced at having caves where AutoPlay is disabled, so you have to farm them so you cant just afk farm and wake up to items in your bag.

100% we're looking @ the AutoPlay option into TPR :)

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
AutoPlay feature is fun.
Server was fun due to this feature at the start.

However, once you hit a decent level (e.g Im lvl77) the lvling really, really slows down.
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it feels like it's pushing me towards to donation for EXP Pots now.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
AutoPlay feature is fun.
Server was fun due to this feature at the start.

However, once you hit a decent level (e.g Im lvl77) the lvling really, really slows down.
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it feels like it's pushing me towards to donation for EXP Pots now.
This is where having the expboost shards in all available item sockets helps.. and exp pots too haha.