Opinions please....

Chris22

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Hello folks iv just made my very first video edit n im after some opinions/advice, how do i get it so i use whole screen is my first question, and secondly what do you think of my first attempt :confused1:

PS The server is a fair way off yet just after thoughts on my video making skillz :001_tt2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbuWZJ5GjT0

/Storm

Last edited:

Viper

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2007
Newcastle
hmm.. was cool for your first attempt :P music seemed to suit it.

only thing i'd change is the mobs, seemed to see alot of woomas lol other than that, nice.

Chris22

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
hmm.. was cool for your first attempt :P music seemed to suit it.

only thing i'd change is the mobs, seemed to see alot of woomas lol other than that, nice.

Thx m8, yeh i just strung together some clips to put one together but ill put some clips with proper info about whats in it when we got the server ready :)

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Has a lot of repetitive clips towards the end. Personally I would cut it to about 2minutes, the song doesn't need to run all the way through you can just have it fade out.

What software did you use to create the video? Other than that, for a first time video not bad.

/Czeldabolg

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Hello folks iv just made my very first video edit n im after some opinions/advice, how do i get it so i use whole screen is my first question, and secondly what do you think of my first attempt :confused1:

PS The server is a fair way off yet just after thoughts on my video making skillz :001_tt2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbuWZJ5GjT0

/Storm

not a lot you can do with mir video clips, so i wouldn't worry to much.
i know from experience.

Chris22

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Has a lot of repetitive clips towards the end. Personally I would cut it to about 2minutes, the song doesn't need to run all the way through you can just have it fade out.

What software did you use to create the video? Other than that, for a first time video not bad.

/Czeldabolg

Videopad, free video editing software, im sure ill get better with practice, and quicker 2, that took me about an hour but it was fun :thumbup2:

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
Add some basic effects to it like those found in powerpoint..
twirls, fade in/fade out, but other than that.. what more can you do?

perhaps add some big text to illustrate whats going on, gl!

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
It kind of bored me if I'm honest.

Just watched the Nemesis trailer and that was a lot more interesting, so maybe take some tips from that.

Viper

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2007
Newcastle
It kind of bored me if I'm honest.

Just watched the Nemesis trailer and that was a lot more interesting, so maybe take some tips from that.

Yeah that is a pretty good example tbh, shame its closed tho.

well until there 3d server arrives.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Yeah, not bad for a first attempt.

Nemesis video.. well, wow. Do you know how disappointed I would be when I logged in if I had never played Mir before? That video is immense, makes you think the game would be amazing. Good way to bring people in, sure making it 3D would keep 'em there. :)