Password Retrievel?

Tomz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2005
Ok i just had a thought and realised i had not seen this anywhere else suggested....

Why has someone not coded a password retrievel for mir???

It would help alot of people who get hacked etc etc... yea GM's would still have to track down the kit etc etc...

I am not sure how hard this would be to implement but i thought i would throw it down see what people say...

Tomz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2005
it's designed for mir3 but if mir2 uses SQL/ODBC, modify to make it work...

account registration
password change
password retrieval
statistics
siggy

Can anyone get this done? as it would help out every server GM etc etc thought this thread would of had more attention

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
We dont need one really, You can just use the server gates to do most things.

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
Would be cool though if you had something on login screen where you click it and you can enter like your registered email address and/or question&answers, save GM's time and its quicker for you.

Tomz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2005
Would be cool though if you had something on login screen where you click it and you can enter like your registered email address and/or question&answers, save GM's time and its quicker for you.

my point exactly be no more i forgot my password or something.. would actually save GMS time to do more updates etc etc... obviously only time ur going to have to retrieve is when u been hacked (which most likely means u got no kit so will have to contact gm anyway lol) But thats not point lol.... just be nice to get chars back instead of having to wait for them to get on...

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
Hmm it also means it would be easier to hack by using password retrieval though..

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
How you going to get the game to send you an email?

Tomz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2005
Yea i want to see someone at least attempt to do this as it would take a huge loads off GMS...