Path of Mir - would this interest you?

Join Discord

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
I'm trying to gauge if there would be enough interest for to eventually this server for others to play. Mir and Path of Exile are two of my favorite games and I think it would be perfect to combine to two. I have a lot of thoughts on what to add, a lot of ideas but the basic premise I'll outline below, let me know if you have any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions in regards to the below.

PoE explanation, skip if you know PoE or don't care
PoE end game revolves around something called maps(think a dungeon.) You get a map(item), you go to a map device, use the map and it teleports you to an instance of that map(dungeon.) In that map, you have a random amount of mobs, a random type, some magic monsters (semi elites), some elites (elites), and a boss. There are a number of maps that contain guardians and once you kill each of the guardians you can then go to a realm and fight one of two end-game bosses. Ultimately you can fight 2 of the end-game bosses at once for even better loot. There are over 100 maps in PoE and I think 16 tiers of maps, with increasing difficulty in mobs.

PoE also revolves around going fast and looting explosions, the items have a lot of randomly rolled stats and that to me is one of the most exciting aspects of PoE.

Ideas
So currently what I've implemented and thoughts of implementing I'm outlining below. Some may be **** ideas but again, if it's something people are interested in then I will start going down the route of adding the "group" stuff. If not then I'll just keep everything solo which will be a lot quicker :)

1. Legacy dungeons, as we all know and love in Mir, things like ZT, BC, ST etc
  2. A "public" version of each map, in these maps you have the potential to have a map item drop which enables you to open an instance version of that map. Maybe a quest needs to be done to gain entry.
  3. Normal low, mid, high level cave type stuff so people have places to go without getting ganked by high level people.
  4. A solo version of each tier map, bosses will spawn randomly on the map, with no fixed location, potentially a random boss rather than a fixed one. (higher drop chance, maybe more exp)
  5. A group version of certain maps, same as above, is slightly harder due to it being group content. (higher drop chance, maybe more exp)
  6. Easy to get to bosses for PvP content, global shouts when they spawn.
  7. Lords and others randomly spawn bosses throughout the world with announcements.
  8. Lots of items dropping - early game big loot explosions, not sure if should keep at high-level content but items will have a good chance to roll with added stats.
  9. Player housing
  10. Being able to "juice" up a map, making it even harder for even more rewards (2 bosses etc)
  11. Multiple end game bosses that can combine to take multiple bosses at the same time.
  12. Survival map - basically can you survive in a certain map with certain conditions :)
  13. I've had a pretty cool idea for a BR not sure if possible but I think it is.
  14. Story/Questline - I'm not sure if people care about quests but I've got some cool ideas.

Stuff I don't know if possible yet
  1. Resurrection pots only work in maps, in POE you get 6 attempts at a map so I thought giving the player res pots that only work in the dungeon could work like that.
  2. Instant HP potions with a CD, similar to the above, only work on certain maps.
  3. Certain items only work on maps.

Ideas
  1. Rebirth idea - unlocks rebirth maps and dungeons.
  2. Rebirth idea - unlocks higher tier version of your skills
  3. Rebirth idea - You can choose to get a level 0 skill of another class (specific spells to create certain sub-types) with quests/further rebirths to level it up.
  4. Not sure if I should have a single town with NPC teleport to the maps/dungeons etc or keep in all the current maps/provinces etc.

I'm not sure what rate to do this either, initially, I wanted to do low but I think with the number of maps I'm adding it would make more sense to be medium to medium/high.

Also, not sure if para rings, rev rings, or pro rings should be a thing. Either have them really rare then if one group/person gets one they are super strong or have them common/rare so everyone can have one.

The only thing is, if people would play this, there could end up being too much content and no one ever seeing any other players. I know not everyone likes the PvE in mir but I love it tbh.

This isn't everything but the main aspect is the maps.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: Walkers and Wond

Destroyer1987

Racoon
Dedicated Member
Feb 15, 2013
In The Shadows
I think it’s more constructive and positive for the Mir audience to at least try something like this. Keeping it alive with new ideas and spins is allways a positive outlook in my opinion.

Never played the game, but looks good. I’ve seen a few takes from Diablo in Mir in the past, was quite enjoyable.

Good luck and hope to see the content in the Mir world.

/dest

Reactions: 2dope

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
I'd been 100% interested. I actually started making a Mir/Diablo/PoE crossover a few years ago. I ploughed about 150 hours into the questing/items, but lacked the coding knowledge to get everything working properly.

I did however create an entire 'maps' system. It was just too labour intensive to add hundreds of maps/tiers.

I had a 6hour ish 'campaign' before entering into the map system. Instead of fixed mob types per map, I had varying different types of the same map item, which had different desrcriptions. For example the Haunted Mines map (the only one I actually implemented) had 10 or so variations. Different mob types, differnet bosses, various levels of modified monsters. One was a "fast" where everything was super quick.

I lacked the coding knowledge to actually add proper modifiers and difficulties. I also couldn't make it work in groups properly.

The concept is awesome, if you can implement it all correctly.

Last edited:

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Also a big fan of POE. I was working on a server with a friend a while back and had the skill system coded but then it all got put on hold. If you manage to get something cool done I would definately give it a try. Dont start it yet though we have the new POE league starting tomorrow :P

1660836715922.png

• Wow
Reactions: zedina and 2dope

Flatline

Dickhead ;)
Loyal Member
Jun 9, 2018
Leeds
I'm trying to gauge if there would be enough interest for to eventually this server for others to play. Mir and Path of Exile are two of my favorite games and I think it would be perfect to combine to two. I have a lot of thoughts on what to add, a lot of ideas but the basic premise I'll outline below, let me know if you have any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions in regards to the below.

PoE explanation, skip if you know PoE or don't care
PoE end game revolves around something called maps(think a dungeon.) You get a map(item), you go to a map device, use the map and it teleports you to an instance of that map(dungeon.) In that map, you have a random amount of mobs, a random type, some magic monsters (semi elites), some elites (elites), and a boss. There are a number of maps that contain guardians and once you kill each of the guardians you can then go to a realm and fight one of two end-game bosses. Ultimately you can fight 2 of the end-game bosses at once for even better loot. There are over 100 maps in PoE and I think 16 tiers of maps, with increasing difficulty in mobs.

PoE also revolves around going fast and looting explosions, the items have a lot of randomly rolled stats and that to me is one of the most exciting aspects of PoE.

Ideas
So currently what I've implemented and thoughts of implementing I'm outlining below. Some may be **** ideas but again, if it's something people are interested in then I will start going down the route of adding the "group" stuff. If not then I'll just keep everything solo which will be a lot quicker :)

1. Legacy dungeons, as we all know and love in Mir, things like ZT, BC, ST etc
  2. A "public" version of each map, in these maps you have the potential to have a map item drop which enables you to open an instance version of that map. Maybe a quest needs to be done to gain entry.
  3. Normal low, mid, high level cave type stuff so people have places to go without getting ganked by high level people.
  4. A solo version of each tier map, bosses will spawn randomly on the map, with no fixed location, potentially a random boss rather than a fixed one. (higher drop chance, maybe more exp)
  5. A group version of certain maps, same as above, is slightly harder due to it being group content. (higher drop chance, maybe more exp)
  6. Easy to get to bosses for PvP content, global shouts when they spawn.
  7. Lords and others randomly spawn bosses throughout the world with announcements.
  8. Lots of items dropping - early game big loot explosions, not sure if should keep at high-level content but items will have a good chance to roll with added stats.
  9. Player housing
  10. Being able to "juice" up a map, making it even harder for even more rewards (2 bosses etc)
  11. Multiple end game bosses that can combine to take multiple bosses at the same time.
  12. Survival map - basically can you survive in a certain map with certain conditions :)
  13. I've had a pretty cool idea for a BR not sure if possible but I think it is.
  14. Story/Questline - I'm not sure if people care about quests but I've got some cool ideas.

Stuff I don't know if possible yet
  1. Resurrection pots only work in maps, in POE you get 6 attempts at a map so I thought giving the player res pots that only work in the dungeon could work like that.
  2. Instant HP potions with a CD, similar to the above, only work on certain maps.
  3. Certain items only work on maps.

Ideas
  1. Rebirth idea - unlocks rebirth maps and dungeons.
  2. Rebirth idea - unlocks higher tier version of your skills
  3. Rebirth idea - You can choose to get a level 0 skill of another class (specific spells to create certain sub-types) with quests/further rebirths to level it up.
  4. Not sure if I should have a single town with NPC teleport to the maps/dungeons etc or keep in all the current maps/provinces etc.

I'm not sure what rate to do this either, initially, I wanted to do low but I think with the number of maps I'm adding it would make more sense to be medium to medium/high.

Also, not sure if para rings, rev rings, or pro rings should be a thing. Either have them really rare then if one group/person gets one they are super strong or have them common/rare so everyone can have one.

The only thing is, if people would play this, there could end up being too much content and no one ever seeing any other players. I know not everyone likes the PvE in mir but I love it tbh.

This isn't everything but the main aspect is the maps.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?
not a fan of poe did play it a little but couldnt get into it i know its still a good game and a fav to many people but i think i would be interested in a mir version

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
Also a big fan of POE. I was working on a server with a friend a while back and had the skill system coded but then it all got put on hold. If you manage to get something cool done I would definately give it a try. Dont start it yet though we have the new POE league starting tomorrow :p

View attachment 28827
That's actually pretty sick. I'll be honest I think my thing is going to be pretty basic while I learn more things but I feel it's a good project, but things like what you showed there is something I want to incorporate, alongside PvE damage stats, gotta go fast and clear those map!

I know mate, I'm so excited for tomo, I think I'm going EA :D How about you?
@Ali3n what are you going?

Reactions: Shady

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I'd say 100%

If you could do their league mechanics, where every 4 months the current league ends and merges into the 'standard' and a new league starts could potentially increase playability, too.

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
I'd say 100%

If you could do their league mechanics, where every 4 months the current league ends and merges into the 'standard' and a new league starts could potentially increase playability, too.
I had been thinking about if I should include leagues, would you say a "wipe" like POE or just leave levels as is? I'm not sure the average player would like a wipe every 4 weeks so I think the latter would be good. I like the idea of doing a league and then implementing it in to the standard/core. That way you're doing a pretty big/new content patch every 4 weeks which would keep things fresh.

I am still new to c# so a lot of my ideas will have to come in the future as I increase my knowledge and experience with it, the one good thing about that though is that as my skills increase as will the quality of the leagues, much like PoEs leagues. Lets face it some of the early day leagues were a bit garbo compared to what we get now :D

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
See if you go indepth, it would be really cool to have

1st League (then becomes Standard League)

Every League after merges into the "Standard League" character.
- Whether it means you get an EXP orb equal to your league characters total exp, Gold and all your items onto your standard character (if applicable) or the character just moves over etc.

Every league would be brand new, but after the league is over it would go over to standard bolstering your own character on there.