PC Perfomance Help.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Right, ive got a half decent p.c imo, just bought it, but im really slow on mir.

ive uploaded my specs/tracert to the server i play,

just wondering if ne1 knows ne tweaks/stuff i can do to increase performanmce

running on windows 7 =./

and does ne1 know if it possiable to play mir on Linux/ubuntu.

ta x

Last edited:

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
I have tried tons of things to speed my pc up on mir but nothing helps, to my knowledge mir doesnt use dual/quad core technology and doesnt run too well on high end cards either, I personally run a dual core 2.8 cpu and a gtx 260 and I have never had mir working well however it runs high end games fine.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I have tried tons of things to speed my pc up on mir but nothing helps, to my knowledge mir doesnt use dual/quad core technology and doesnt run too well on high end cards either, I personally run a dual core 2.8 cpu and a gtx 260 and I have never had mir working well however it runs high end games fine.

yeh i get distorted graphics and lag on mir

yet i play age of conan in high graphics ect and i run seamslessly without lag or anything, even with full ambience ect.

must just be m computer is to good for mir, lol.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
You probably wont like it but, the ACPI tweak is probably the only thing that will have an noticable difference, unfortunatley this means disabling 3 of your cores :x

If i was you, and i was seriously wanting a performance boost in mir, i'd setup a dual boot with windows xp and windows 7, then set the windows xp installation to use the ACPI driver for one core.

Good luck ;P

Silent

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 2, 2008
This is why I am thinking about switching back to mir 2, mir 3 lags like hell but im fine on mir 2, but if I play Lineage or Dawn of war/Dawn of war2/Dawn of war soulstorm, im without any lag with card maxxed and game gfx maxxed and thats on a 8500gt, id love to run my gtx but i cant due to overheating.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Disable all services/startup programmes via msconfig, close all unwanted/unneeded programmes, defrag your comp. update drivers

Ive heard rumors that there aparently is no tweaks for w7 atm,
And whoever said to do acpi, just dont unless your wanting a bogged up computer :biggrin:

Also 'GameBooster' downloadable on google helps.

Another thing you can do is, TaskManager > Find Mir.exe > Right Click > Set Priority > Click RealTime
If it auto sets to high, then do it using administrative tools.

You can also edit things in your reg edit, use install/uninstall programmes on control pannel.

And 1 last thing, endprogram on your explorer.exe, it stops all the rubbish things running in your background while playing mir.

These few bits and bobs should help

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
yeh i get distorted graphics and lag on mir

yet i play age of conan in high graphics ect and i run seamslessly without lag or anything, even with full ambience ect.

must just be m computer is to good for mir, lol.

Go into your advanced monitor setting and change screen refresh rate to 70Mhz, bothered me for ages why everything was blurry till i figured out why.

Next thing, i agree with running a Dual Boot as that is what im gonna try, running Vista Ult 64bit atm and its slow on mir, so gonna run a stripped version of XP on a second drive with ACPI on to see if my *newish* pc is fast on mir, i really dont see why it wouldnt be as my old one was for some reason, now i got a new mobo/cpu/ram all of which are faster alough the ram latency is very high compared to my old DDR400 stuff 46ms/68ms.

Anyway strip all the crap from XP, ACPI tweak, Close all background programs, Priority to high and set your colour settings to 16bit(dunno if it helps really, i do it anyway) and i turn all my GFX car setting to performance in CCC or ATITool whatever you use.