PLEASE Can someone make a 1.4 server

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
We've discussed certain aspects of the game,

npc bypasser will be blocked and for those that try to use it will be penalised.

ledu2.50 will be blocked.

We'll look into mirlander.

seifer997

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
woooow i rember 1.4 files, the files i know about in detail. dont ave a clue bout ne others now lol i left the server scene for 2 long,

lol 1.4files are easy hostable on my pc 2, i can even play wiv minimum lagg :P

good old days!!

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
I honestly don't see the point.

Why don't you just use the DM2+ files, and take everything added, and all features only used after 1.4 out.

Would be so much easier than trying to make the 1.4 files cheat / hack free.

killer22

Permanently R3T/\r|)
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2003
PFC where else
i think some peps miss the point.. its not about the hacks or cheaters.. its about the fact we dont want a dm2 server, we want the original server.. a one off back in past server.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
I honestly don't see the point.

Why don't you just use the DM2+ files, and take everything added, and all features only used after 1.4 out.

Would be so much easier than trying to make the 1.4 files cheat / hack free.

If you have tried fighting on DM2 files you would know yourself how absolutely atrocious it is, same goes for 1.9.

1.4 files are by far the smoothest files for PvP. That is my own personal reason for taking up this project, not to mention the fact that I'm bored as hell.

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
If you have tried fighting on DM2 files you would know yourself how absolutely atrocious it is, same goes for 1.9.

1.4 files are by far the smoothest files for PvP. That is my own personal reason for taking up this project, not to mention the fact that I'm bored as hell.
Fighting on DM2+ is pretty much the same as 1.4. The only problem is the lag that most servers have (due to them not being able to handle the spawns, the amount of players, so and so).

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
I see it pointless, Alot of the Mir community has moved onto bigger things, WOW, Guild Wars etc etc.

They moved on because of better graphics, better gameplay, in general better games, so you'd struggle to get people to seriously play a 1.4 server, especially with the cheats flying around.

I mean, you'd get the few who would like to play for originality, but it wouldn't go further.

Its like EA bringing out a game based on the ps1 system, where as they now have the ps3 power to play around with, they'd never do it, you need to create something which hasn't been done befor, something that will attract outsiders to the game, along with bringing a fair few originals back to the scene, to see where things have progressed.

You can go for your 1.4 server, and attract all 10-20 people from the forum who are interested, but you'll never make a great impact on anything that way, they'll soon get bored of having nothing new to play with, 1.4 servers are stuck to basic spells, where as you can work on the sources and create new spells weekly, to keep players aiming for something.

Good-luck bringing a dead build of the game back to life.

/Ash

Carrying on my Point... You can say its not about hackers / exploiters, but how would you expect to enjoy the time on this original server, fi you have hackers messing up the fun. You might aswell spend some real time into the sources and create a 1.4 server from those, then add to them as you go.

I think the problem with servers out is that most just bring out files for people to play by bumping up exp, couple new sets of items, and thats it.

Change the table, have all new maps, and have the old maps as "Past Bichon" "Past Mongchon" etc. Have new spells weekly, daily quests, and a hell lot of good entertaining quests, most successfuly mmorpg's have a VASTE amount of quests, as theres a massive community who actualy enjoy doing quests.

Hell go for your 1.4 server, put your time into something which will die in the first couple of weeks due to lack of players. or at worst, may not even reach to players actualy getting to play.

Last edited: