[Poll] - How Monsters Spawn

How would you like monsters to spawn?

• 1. One Mob per floor (KR will still have all mobs in)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 2. One Mob per zone (zones are areas in a specific floor)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 3. As it is currently (most mobs on every floor)

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
We want to know how you would like to see mob spawns be done:

1. This means each floor has a single type of mob - Benefits are that you can have floor by floor progress in terms of difficulty
2. This, similar to the above but can make a map more diverse with still linear mob progression
3. This adds more dynamic mob spawns and a better feel to a map, but also mobs are a lot more standard

Reactions: Jev

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
Lol u lil puff
Post automatically merged:

Rite read it it says

Only 1 type of mob per floor

What happens in mino temple with 40 lured fire Minos attack u cannot kill that

Last edited:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Lol u lil puff

Rite read it it says

Only 1 type of mob per floor

What happens in mino temple with 40 lured fire Minos attack u cannot kill that
Congratulations for re reading it and finally understanding basic English.

I assume he’s asking for people’s opinions on the idea. I’m sure no one would have a room filled with FireMinos just like you wouldn’t have a room filled with cave maggots.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Personally I like having all mobs mixed per floor, and to still have that feeling of progression I make multiple versions of the same mobs for the deeper floors of the cave so they get harder the further you go in.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
If you play oldskool you'd get what I mean as well.

Just getting feedback on ideas, to be fair I may mix and match it depending in the area and purpose of the area

Whoops777

LOMCN Member
Sep 27, 2022
Like having all of them not just 1 and choosing different doors inside caves for the rareaty of single type of mobs only in there is maybe drops items easy

Eg. Say there's 5 floors and 2-3 extra rooms on each floor with just 1 mob and lots of them

Sounds like BDD tho

Or make new caves with similar mobs skins with different reasons to BDD

Reminds me of Mystery cave that 1

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Oh snap you reminded me I need to readd in our version of mystery items haha 😄

I'll do that now

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
I put one mob per floor. Just personal preference.

You scripting these or something like that? :)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Isn't it the best the way it traditionally is? One kind of mob per floor would be dull, even extremely dull. I would probably quit playing in the first or second cave.
Can't improve on the way it was designed traditionally unless you build on that base to enhance it further.

I suggested in the past that the same mobs become stronger and give more exp as you go deeper in a cave, it would be nice but didn't see that on servers I played, probably too much work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omnibus

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Isn't it the best the way it traditionally is? One kind of mob per floor would be dull, even extremely dull. I would probably quit playing in the first or second cave.
Can't improve on the way it was designed traditionally unless you build on that base to enhance it further.

I suggested in the past that the same mobs become stronger and give more exp as you go deeper in a cave, it would be nice but didn't see that on servers I played, probably too much work.

We have level mobs to vary each mob as it stands, but this is why I put a poll up, I just saw OS do it one way, played another test server with zoned mobs (and their bichon map is 'zoned' mobs to an extent)
- just wanted to put feelers out there of what people prefer :D

and nah floor difficulty is an easy one without and additional monsters in the db ;)

• Love
Reactions: Omnibus

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I’d want variety, plus helps u balance floors for class lvling by adding a few ranged to slow wiz down from mass easy lures.

Couldn’t imagine a floor with only ranged, I wouldn’t hunt there it would be an annoyance.

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
The way I like to setup dungeon floors, is to have a couple of the more common types on the first few floors, and save the slightly harder types for the later floors.
For example. In PT, I like to have just Minotaur, ElectricMinotaur and WindMinotaur on the first 3 or 4 floors, then floor 5 adds IceMinotaur, and floor 6 adds FireMinotaur. Because PT has such a wide variety of mobs, I like to change Left and RightGuards into sub bosses (like WoomaGuardian) and only have a 2 or 3 of them per floor. Makes the dungeon way more interesting. Standard PT is boring as it doesn't have any sub bosses.

Reactions: Jev