[CD3.55] Problem with ingame char info

smoochy boys on tour

MrMatt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2011
Checked all this also swapped the cd ini with lightningStar's one so its right version, we are reinstalling sql now and restoring dbs again so hopefully works and odbc seems fine.

Upvote 0

LightningStar

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 28, 2007
Essex, UK
In CD.ini remove the data from the line Key1=

After that make sure it's the correct details by checking after the above data that it doesn't say Êý¾Ý¿âÃû=kingforeiserverbasedata, as this is the wrong version of CD for 3.55. Make sure you also have an IP address in IP and not left it as (local) "though I have seen a couple of servers run with that in"

Which program are you using to write the !Setup, as a couple of them corrupt on close. I use Console3

All file locations in !Setup should be full location IE: c:\Mud3\Share\

In some consoles it shows to name locations, add your server name to both if your using one of these variants.

HolleyDBSvr - Make sure the map file path is to your Envir and not map folder

Have you correctly setup ODBC "located in Administrator/ion Tools in control panel" ODBC should be setup under System and not User.

I have redone all of this, The CD wont load.

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
I have redone all of this, The CD wont load.
At what point are you loading CD, don't run it as a single element but rather with Loader. If it's not loading with loader, check the basics such as OBDC, IP's .txt files and make sure everything is correct. You will find you have missed something small, but will kick yourself when you find it. I've done it many a time.

Even a single word in the wrong place can stop the server working.

Upvote 0

MrMatt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2011
we deleted everything including sql and re-did everything all the ports ips texts ini's new db's everything was fine but the netcheck n loader3g not loading cd after being opened still just don't what the problem is ;/ LightningStar been on checked everything over n its fine so we don't know why its not loading cd.

Upvote 0

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
josh get ben to have a look bud or erik we encountered this problem a fair few times over the years

Upvote 0

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
failing that giz another 5 days and I'll be home and got a fair few running sets of files unused :)

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
I would send you copies of things like my CD.INI but they so customised wouldn't make sense to a normal server.

Upvote 0

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
Thanks for recommend me to fix, thanks MrMatt for contact me, as i can see if u dont have stats ingame, it could be game3g corrupt, try another one, check server version match with client, allow in CD to use all versions of it.. and for netcheck/loader dont coming up, try disabling your AV/FW . .if it persists try using another version ;) hope it works

Upvote 0

MrMatt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2011
FW/AV alrdy disabled and we have tried new sets of files, tried nearly everything i can do now just don't know why it's not loading doesn't make any sense as everything is right.. ;/

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
AV & FW will not block CD from running as it's a local application, it would only block communication outside of the local machine and so would not effect it at all.

In my links there is the untouched 3.55 server files, they are all set to 127.0.0.1. Download them and change nothing about the files, make sure you extract to your C: so that all locations point to C:\Mud3\. If these files don't work then you have a system fault.

Now another thing that I need to ask, what version of Windows XP are you using. As certain variants of windows XP don't work and won't work.

As for others getting involved, try and read the whole thread first cause clearly you have a inability to read and see what you've written has already been written. IE: Game3G doesn't create 0 Stats, this is Netchecker not loading correctly.

You also can't load CD without HolleyDBSvr, it's a pointless task to try as CD isn't talking to DB without it and you can't run HolleyDBSvr correctly without LoginSvr.

But as I said download the untouched3.55 files and don't edit anything and try the server, as I know these files work without editing them.

Upvote 0

MrMatt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2011
Thanks dsmir, yeah i will do that later tonight when the host is back on am waiting for it to come back as the owner not at home atm, i will try ur files see if it works. It is windows xp service pack 2 on the machine. Just to add there has been a mir 3 and kings alrdy been run on this machine so don't know why it isn't working ;/ if all fails i'll just reformat it and start again i guess.

/thanks

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Thanks dsmir, yeah i will do that later tonight when the host is back on am waiting for it to come back as the owner not at home atm, i will try ur files see if it works. It is windows xp service pack 2 on the machine. Just to add there has been a mir 3 and kings alrdy been run on this machine so don't know why it isn't working ;/ if all fails i'll just reformat it and start again i guess.

/thanks
The files you want are Mud3.55 and is in the Mir 3 folder, I know these work 100% without any editing to make it online, as it works from 127.0.0.1. If they don't work as I said it will be the machine.

Upvote 0

MrMatt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2011
Ok will test it when i'm able to get back on the host, if it doesn't work i'll try reformat it with sp3 maybe?

Upvote 0

MrMatt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2011
We've tried stings, going to try what dsmir said but need to wait till host turns it on. The problem for the 0 stats is the netcheck isn't loading correctly.

Upvote 0

LightningStar

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 28, 2007
Essex, UK
I extracted all your sting files mate and re-made server un-installed/re-installed sql and sent u my DB's because My server is running.

All ports have been done to same as mine too.

It doesn't make sense as you have exactly same files as me, your CD just wont load.

Upvote 0

MrMatt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2011
Aye i know mate, just spoke to Relentless as Churchill told me he knows a fix so speaking to him atm, if not then we're going to reformat the host pc and start from there seen as we have literally done everything people have suggested and no luck ;/ appreciate all your help and thanks for helping last night LightningStar.
Thanks

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
I'm yet to see that you've used the untouched 3.55 files that I have hosted, these are the best files to use by far as they are untouched.

Also I need to know which version of XP you are using, as XP SP2 can be any variation and as Home OEM was standard for all machines, then it won't work. Also the files won't work on variants of XP Pro either, so even saying it's windows xp pro won't help as I would need to know the source download as well IE: If it was done by BIE or another group.

The server files won't work on variants such as TinyXP and BlackXP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0