smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Im starting to work on the overhaul of the professions system, one thing i want to improve on last time was the annoying need to switch weapons just to harvest trees/rocks/skins.

So what ive done is made it that you can harvest the required items while only needing to have the tool in your possession. a little like wow. you want to mine, just bring along a pickaxe, want to chop trees, make usre you have an axe in your bag.

Not only did i want it like this but i also wanted a visual representation of mining/chopping etc..

So now you will also see a pickaxe while gathering ores, or an axe while gathering logs.

Its purely cosmetic and has no affect on your players stats.

heres a vid of it 90% done

Because of this new methoid i will also be completely re working all the professions and removing some, while altering others (no im not getting rid of Fishing @Belle)

This also means perks will change aswell but that not being worked on atm.

just know that the professions are getting an overhaul and an upgrade.

Also being adjusted is EXP gains through crafting, you will no longer be able to max say jewelcrafting by making X copperrings, eventually copperrings will give 0 exp based on your level, and there will be an "optimum" item to craft for exp based on your professions level.

Not every item in game will be craftable but alot of higher tier items will require a recipy, it will be an item drop and once used you will have learnt that recipy perminantly which will then show the item on the respective workbench.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
More concerned about how many times you missed that oma at level 40 tbh.

Will you be using the correct sounds for the axes?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
it was because
More concerned about how many times you missed that oma at level 40 tbh.
the char had no skills, so no fencing so no accuracy :P

yes i need to double check the weapon sounds and link them to the correct libs

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
the next thing i wanted (as im taking a few ideas from WoW in terms of professions) is the ability to visually see what exp reward you will get from a gathering node.

i need to remove a few bits from the targetbar but apart from that im really happy with the results.

the video below shows how the colour of the mobs name will change based on your level of the profession, this will also be a representation of the exp rewarded, im currently looking at

grey = 0% base exp
lightblue = 50% baseexp
green = 100% base exp
yellow = 150% base exp
orange = 200% base exp
red = too high a level to take down

all gathering professions will also follow WoWs profs system utilising the apprentice,journeyman,expert,artisan,master routes, meaning you will need to unlock each level before bing able to progress your profession.

E.G. Trees can spawn between level 1-50

Apprentice will only level you upto 10, no matter how many trees you do, in order to move forwards you will need to have purchased the Journeyman forestry to take it to level 20, etc etc.

because of this i can no also make professions more interesting and challenging and not just about grinding, i could stick the artisan forestry guy in a dungeon somewhere.

Im also moving a few professions around, im removing carpentry and blacksmithing and making a new one called Weaponsmithing. Tailoring wil be called Armoursmithing, im going to add Herbalism so plants can be found all throughout the world which will tie in to Alchemy alot more.

I still have alot of work to do but getting this base feature in is what i was looking forward too.

EDIT: just realised after hours of work, ive called trees [Mining] lol >.< thats been fixed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.