Programs?

Join Discord

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
helo all i am making a Anti cheat program.

i was wondering what other Security type of program would you like or any program at all

appart from map maker i am not that advanced yet

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Unpack the Mir3 Holly exe, clear the Cheat Start system and then Pack the fixed Mir3.exe with Themida and Done. :P

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
The Main problem is the Client at first, it has the Cheat loader and with out this you can activate the Cheat it self. We use a modified QGO Client with 3.40 server and if you change the exe you can't connect on Illusion server.

Normaly you need a Client and Server Site system to can it control best.
Hazuki you know I work more then 3 years with Anticheat systems for other games.

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
ok here is how the anti cheat system will work ,

Unpack the loader for 3.55, make it run my Client side Application if the application is not running then the server will appear offline.

ok here is how the app lication will work

it will scan the prossess your computer is runnning and find a prosess i deam as a cheat application could be DBT or any other application

and it kills the said application

at the same time it connects to the servers DB and sends a message to block the ip from the client

hope this is clear as its late and im tired

progress

Kills's application

says message to cheater.

connects to server side

blocks ip from computer

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
@hallmat no offence but a bit Knowlage frome me ;-)

1. Problem : I use my owen Loader and then you idea dosnt work or ?
2. Problem : I put my owen psapi.dll to the Mir3 Folder and you can't say my
Cheat running anymore ;-)
3. Problem : I filter the Message you send and Manipulet it..
... and so one

a littel better way to stop the first Problem is to made a Server Site Application to communicate with the Loader. for Step 2 , you can search for some Windwos dlls in the same folder to prevent faking dlls..
With 3. Problem, you can use your owen Crypt for communicate with the Server. I know many ways to Kill your idea -.- . Windows AntiCheat is not easy, I work with my Team on a other Game more then 3 Years on a very strong system coded in ASM and C/C++ , I know you probelmes ^^... Some Companys from Korea like JoyMax and Wemade have long time interest for my AntiCheat system to prevent on all the games Hacking and Cheating.
NProtect is a very strong Anticheat system but a good coder need 1-2 min to kill the system fully (ahm I don't mean -n or so crap, I mean recode the exe), it is to easy.

Last edited:

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
what about an anticheat program, that doesn't scan programs but memory, alterations to mir3 program itself. and any attempts at changes to it while the program is running, would deem it as a cheat. i am not entirly sure how DBT works, as im not a programmer, but ive seen many anticheat programs. it latches onto mir3, after you are past the login screen, to miss most server checks at the program. so in this case you no longer need to scan for so many programs.. but look for the alteration made to the mir3.exe itself

or do what many private anticheat programs do for first person shooters. dont let anything else run :) besides a few basic components, such as msn or teamspeak. it wont let you run anything else. opening up anything else while your game runs, terminates the game and shuts it down.

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
Run the mir3.exe without any cheat,make a md5 of the game running,make an aplication can load mir3.exe and check the mir3.exe in memory,if md5 is diferent make this loader connect to server for advice or ban this IP,simply program like proxy for mir gates to manage the IP Ban,another is unpack mir3.exe,pack using another method and use this MD5 (Or something).

Another way is get the dll are running the process or inserted in process mir3.exe,take a look the normal dll are using in run mode and check if any dll is inserted.

Other method (More crap) is check the port of the cheat and make the loader uses the same port,this makes the cheat unservible until these port are in config file.

I hope it serves. Soz for my english :P

Bye ;)

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
@coly:

this system will work with server admins to make changes in the code to make it work.

i have 2 versions of this anti cheat system one is a independent application,

and one for 3.55 that is written into the Launcher,

both work on same bases

i will show a little video of how it will work some time soon

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
A good way to do it - and I'm not saying it is perfect - would be to write an application that sits on the server intercepting all outgoing traffic and encoding it with a custom encryption method.
You then need to create a loader that loads the mir3.exe that has been modified to exclude cheats. If the MD5 is not the same as the one specified in the loader then the loader exits.
Normal clients won't be able to connect to your server as it will be using different encryption.
The loader will then have to be packed.
This should stop most cheating systems.

mapadale

What you need to think about also, is like with most anti cheat programs.

Are you going to use a solid program or an updateble one - In most cases you would need to use an updateble one, most coders love anti cheat programs as there is always a challange to get a work around this.

Also the other issue you may have is with the updater, these can be worked around so that the files system is re-directed and a fix put inplace to work around the anti cheat program - This is why Nprotect was crap

But good luck with it.

/DS

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
mapadale, on NProtect you can update it 1000 times and you don't fix the Change for kick it out from the game ;-) . The Problem on NProtect is the
Start system in the GameExe (so it is not NProtect it self), to kill NProtect
say to the Exe , hey is all ok on this Client and the game start without NProtect. To say excatlie how a good AntiCheat tool need you need many time and many Lines Text. NProtect self is a very Strong Protection with all
you need like Kernelmode watcher and so things but the Basic structure is
very Bad and very easy to stop the System. At first, for a good Anticheat
the Server say it is ok or not and not the Client. todo this you need many things and Knowlage in Crypto things. We use ECC and AES and so one to
Communicate with the Client and if you change a bit on the Client the Server
Know it and say "Go Home". I can't Public say exactlie the system ;-) only I can say is it is very strong and we work now over 3 years on it..

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
hallmat seems to be doing a fine job for this community and a fair amount of work. Its nice to see others offering ideas too. This is how this place should be!

Hallmat is there a ETA for a beta version of these progs? Will defo be up for testing them.

Niceone

MasterQ

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 6, 2006
London
Dont know much so this may sound abit silly but...

Why not just make an anti cheat program that dont actually stop them (If its too hard) but tells you who is using them.

Dont know if that would be easier or harder but just thought ide add something lol

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
@Zidio

Thanks m8 they are all helping by stopping me making stupid mistakes that make the system usless

im not going to put a ETA on it yet.

@masterQ

it will do both report them and stop them

MasterQ

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 6, 2006
London
Cool :) Defo make the report one though if you cant make the cheats to stop 100%, that will be good enough :D

I take it this will be anther release off you? If so looking forward to it.

Last edited:

hallmat

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 19, 2007
@masterQ

yep another release from me:D

if you would like just a Report system i will give you that part its up you.

@all

Is there any thing else that you would want on this anti cheat what i could do is make.

a security application to run on the server side and just have the anti cheat communicate with that

all idea's are welcome

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
maybe develop a global report system :) that can be hosted on one website.. reports cheaters from all servers that use the anticheat system, including username and IP of the offender and type of cheat.. if they do it on one server, they arent welcome on another. least i would like that. and maybe have a search function.. to see all the IP's this person has used to cheat. i think that tool would be helpful for most GM's.

also allow a function to directly ban IP addresses from even attempting to try login, thats seperate from the mir3 logingates cause they kinda suck and only stop you at the rungate.. which leaves you open to a flood attack at the logingate.