PwN Server [1.9]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

K4ng4r00

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2005
Well, this project has just been started...

I cannot reveal much, as not much has been done yet, we are a team of 3 r/l mates... im sure you all know Sawell and Jicaa(Me), the 3rd person is good old RichardBe, he's great wid VB and will create outside applications to enhance the game slightly. Sawell will be hosting on a beefed up computer with rather nice specs.

Anyways after blabbering on for ages, to put it straight....... You will be getting a new perspective to mir if you play this server

Our website is - http://www.sawell.org.uk/pwn/pwntest.html

For our most upto date information goto - http://www.hopelesslybored.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

I will also update this post, when we feel we can leak more information about the server ;)

- Jicaa

Last edited:

K4ng4r00

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2005
Pebble said:
The server name puts me off. :)

And maybe you should make the links on the website go somewhere.

a game aint about the name lol...

omg some1 doesnt like the name, lets call it "WeLovePebble" Server

and like it said we've only just begun, u cant expect everything to be dun in 1 hour

- Jicaa

K4ng4r00

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2005
Nero said:
if it has a **** name, no 1 will think "uhh that sounds good" they will just think "oh look another n00b 1.9server that will get DoS'd after 3 days for pissing off the romanians"

w8 till we release more info ;)

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Nero said:
if it has a **** name, no 1 will think "uhh that sounds good" they will just think "oh look another n00b 1.9server that will get DoS'd after 3 days for pissing off the romanians"

Denial of service? That's somewhat noobie, and I doubt my best customers would turn against me.

If the name really bothers you, then see someone about it. If we wanted to use a witty, tactical and sensible name, as opposed to an egotistic, in-your-face, "look at me name" we would have. Fact is, we didn't.

If I really wanted to be truly full on egotistical, I might name my server something like WeOwn. Indicating that not just the server owns, but the actual people running it do. That's like a double "**** yeah", but I would never be so bold.

"dun dis weown m8 it wuz a fukin pwnage serve u dun no nufink fkin prik lern ow 2 run a serva den u can say dere name". Never judge a server by its name, nor the people running it. The content is normally the dead giveaway for a server.

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
ANy information going to be given at all? i mean basic info eg exp levals and item stats?

and as for the server name. Ok ill admit if i looked at forum topics and saw the name id probbaly think super stat probbaly frozen copy (no offence to frozen most copies have that sort of name)

but if its a personal brag about your team or just for a laugh your more than entitled to your name :P

Best of look with it. If i ever get my 1.9 working ill be more than happy to play.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
NewBlood said:
ANy information going to be given at all? i mean basic info eg exp levals and item stats?

and as for the server name. Ok ill admit if i looked at forum topics and saw the name id probbaly think super stat probbaly frozen copy (no offence to frozen most copies have that sort of name)

but if its a personal brag about your team or just for a laugh your more than entitled to your name :P

Best of look with it. If i ever get my 1.9 working ill be more than happy to play.

Cheers for the support.

It's not a super stat server, it's going to be aimed at providing you with more than just a level up. We've got a lot of good ideas about other means of fun to get from mir, after 3 years just the same old leveling waiting for a server to go down must get a tad boring.

A lot of the ideas are doable and we've started on them, the reason we're not disclosing them is purely out of personal interest, we hate to see our ideas used and turned against us like most would. But once we've published everything and it's up and running the ideas will be laid out for the community.

Really our aim is to give a new element to mir, with rich doing his vb stuff and buzzing creativity all round you should hopefully get a side to mir that's not been touched on before, without going to great lengths to do it.. pretty straight forward ideas, it's just working out how to get it done. If only mir was sql based :(

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
Sawell said:
Cheers for the support.

It's not a super stat server, it's going to be aimed at providing you with more than just a level up. We've got a lot of good ideas about other means of fun to get from mir, after 3 years just the same old leveling waiting for a server to go down must get a tad boring.

A lot of the ideas are doable and we've started on them, the reason we're not disclosing them is purely out of personal interest, we hate to see our ideas used and turned against us like most would. But once we've published everything and it's up and running the ideas will be laid out for the community.

Really our aim is to give a new element to mir, with rich doing his vb stuff and buzzing creativity all round you should hopefully get a side to mir that's not been touched on before, without going to great lengths to do it.. pretty straight forward ideas, it's just working out how to get it done. If only mir was sql based :(

Indeed. ive long said what makea a good server is its quests and its fun side. Servers should have alternative thigns to do besides levaling. Games quests item hunting whatever you add thats usually what people remember more than anything.
If theres anything i can do to help lemme know if not i demand you keep me updated on this :P

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
1st impression seems good, ill certainly try it out when its up. u guys seem to know wot ur talkin about ;)

have u got a estimate on the release date even if it is totaly rough and could be wrong by a few months :P .... like r we talkin 1year never gonna go up destinyao type server... 1month wonder? 6month ish? u know wot i mean :P

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Sounds interesting, just wondering what kind of stats server will have.
And what will be classed as high level.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Bon said:
1st impression seems good, ill certainly try it out when its up. u guys seem to know wot ur talkin about ;)

have u got a estimate on the release date even if it is totaly rough and could be wrong by a few months :P .... like r we talkin 1year never gonna go up destinyao type server... 1month wonder? 6month ish? u know wot i mean :P

Actually it only seems like 1 guy knows what he's doing lol :P

anyway i'll give it a try when it comes out ;)

K4ng4r00

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2005
Mask said:
Sounds interesting, just wondering what kind of stats server will have.
And what will be classed as high level.

Well i will fill you in on this... currently i have set a lvl 150 cap, this would be very easy upto 50, slightly harder 50 - 100 then 100 - 150 would take some time, but the rewards will be worth it.

So by the time some1 reaches the cap we should have more stuff to add, with increasing the cap lvl.

Stats aint super stat, but i cant really explain into much detail untill i am certain we are atleast 50% through the project.

- Jicaa, i hope this helps abit.

Nero

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sawell said:
Denial of service? That's somewhat noobie, and I doubt my best customers would turn against me.

If the name really bothers you, then see someone about it. If we wanted to use a witty, tactical and sensible name, as opposed to an egotistic, in-your-face, "look at me name" we would have. Fact is, we didn't.

If I really wanted to be truly full on egotistical, I might name my server something like WeOwn. Indicating that not just the server owns, but the actual people running it do. That's like a double "**** yeah", but I would never be so bold.

"dun dis weown m8 it wuz a fukin pwnage serve u dun no nufink fkin prik lern ow 2 run a serva den u can say dere name". Never judge a server by its name, nor the people running it. The content is normally the dead giveaway for a server.

didn't say I wouldn't play coz of the name, just said it maynot attract people... (and you haven't released any more info yet, so that was based on the information atm...)

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
The reason we named WeOwn that name was because of an accident. Me and TheOne had just finished making a lot of stuff, and I was testing it all. And he went 'What shall we call the server then?' And I, impressed with my work went 'We own :P', then he went 'Yeah, WeOwn is a good name' :O True story amg.

Anyway, seems like an experience team, Jicaa I remember worked on the Freedom files which was an awesome server, ain't seen Sawell's experience with Mir, only graphics and CS, hopefully it'll be on a par with them lol

Good luck anyways.

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
PM, and this isn't the thread to talk about it really is it.

Pebble

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 25, 2005
Essex, England
K4ng4r00 said:
a game aint about the name lol...

omg some1 doesnt like the name, lets call it "WeLovePebble" Server

and like it said we've only just begun, u cant expect everything to be dun in 1 hour

- Jicaa

It's not that I don't like that name it just makes me feel everything is going to be lame. Npcs being in "1337 speak" and item and mob names just being plain stupid.

It's about first judgements, and that's what the name says for me.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Pebble said:
It's not that I don't like that name it just makes me feel everything is going to be lame. Npcs being in "1337 speak" and item and mob names just being plain stupid.

It's about first judgements, and that's what the name says for me.

All of the npcs will be grammatically correct I can assure you. The name is purely ironic, the server will reflect it in no way.. well, the attitude that word portrays anyway.

If you guys really do have an issue with the name we'll look at giving it a new one, I didn't expect the name to degrade the service we hope to provide. But I can understand your thinking.

Just to feed you a little more information:

I will be working on a lot of quests, mainly group encouraging ones... the boss caves and new bosses I’m making will provide a challenge, the type that you'll have to get your friends to join the server for (tactical marketing owns :p). If there is enough interest in the new flavour of server we'll be providing, then I’ll look into professional hosting for the server/website (a domain + hosting will be bought before the server is launched regardless, I like to keep things organised).

I'll be also looking at implementing a few security features, mainly to ensure the players feel secure. Once I can liaise with the relevant people I’m looking to getting the gm activity hosted, so you can see exactly what the gms are doing, and when they are doing it. This should cover any confidence issues with corrupt gms (we know we're not, but you don't... we respect that). The item tracking idea that MrSam had is very interesting too, and we'll look into that to see how possible it really is.