Question for coders

Hone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 10, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I don't know who (if anyone) is still working on making a set of files that are to td's standards but with all the latest stuff that Wemade have released since 2.3, for a public* release, but if there is then my question is this:

Are you/have you bothered to code in all the new mob AI's? As I think it's really important, but it seems to get overlooked. It's all very well having new mobs, but if all they do is 81/19 then that's really dull.

* I make a point of saying this because if you're coding a set of files purely for your own use, then I'm not interested in what you have to say :001_rolleyes:

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
The Assassin 2.6 Source / Binarys are good.

Most people here didnt know how to code and used the source to learn, So that might be an idea for you too.

Depends on what your 'actually' looking for.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
The trouble is most of the new monsters we dont know the official AIs for anyway. No point coding them wrong and then having to redo them later.

If you got any info of new AIs do spill :P

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
normal mobs u dont rly need better ai than a standard 81 race attack. its good 2 have a few different 1s that aint overpowered like zombie lightning attack, a mob that psns etc etc... most of these are alrdy in the files

its boss's that should all have custom ais imo which what ive tried 2 do, make each boss a lil different

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Most mobs can directly inherit from other ones as bon said, if a mob like say, like say an oma, and raking cat they dont do anything special, so they can be the same, but if you have mobs doing different magic etc, then you need new AI.

Hone

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 10, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I was referring to the mobs that have their own magics in the wils, seems a waste not to use them.

Lilcooldoode said:
The trouble is most of the new monsters we dont know the official AIs for anyway. No point coding them wrong and then having to redo them later.

When are we ever going to get that info though? Are they due to be added to Gamempots Mir do you know?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
lot of the mobs have added to usa

they are in the perm caves u have to buy a key from gameshop