• i dont see a problem with the upgraded 'pixelated' looks

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
i've always wondered if ppl would be upset/find this totaly unacceptable

put 2 images in a rar (sorry it's to big to post the images directly lol)

http://www.filedropper.com/mirscreenshots

question: would it be ok to upgrade so mir can use 2560*1600 (or any resolution), while keeping the game the same?
reason i ask: i always wonder if it's worth updating the interface to a higher resolution, without touching the game
(you can see this if you look at the text on top right of both images, the size difference is huge, yet not harder to read (for me anyway)
info:
*one is basicaly a screenshot of what the game looks like if you play it on 800*600 native on a 2560*1600 monitor
* other one is if you took that 800*600 and made 'mir' stretch it to 2560*1600 for you (rather then making your monitor/windows stretch)

biggest difference that's obvious is the shadows, but overall you'll notice the native 800*600 is more blurry then the stretched version etc

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Your image doesnt work , also ... doens't hero's support higher res?

Surely you wouldn't need to stretch the game itself...if you was to hardcode it into the client .exe you can just have more of the map showing with interface scaling options ... that would be the best idea.

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
Can't see it being a problem at all.

Is the plan to upscale the resolution via mir rather than letting windows do it?

It looks much better as well so can't see why not!

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
more of the map showing? lol you can see entire bw at this resolution :p + you cant even see the difference between a lvl 1 armor and a lvl 50 cause it's sooo small on your screen

i'm mostly just curious what other ppl think (not saying i will do it).
it's just one of those questions i've asked myself: is the non blurry but slightly edgy image worth it :p

Your image doesnt work , also ... doens't hero's support higher res?

Surely you wouldn't need to stretch the game itself...if you was to hardcode it into the client .exe you can just have more of the map showing with interface scaling options ... that would be the best idea.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
Download isn't working, but if the difference between the stretched version and 800x600 isn't all that different, it is something mir really needs to keep the game up to date with hardware.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
Download doesnt work. Save as jpg or png and upload to http://www.imgur.com
bah really?
i'm trying to get an opinion on image details, and you want me to start converting it to lossy formats?
the whole point of keeping the original bmp's is to get an accurate comparison (although you really need to view it on 2560*1600 fullscreen to get the best result still :()

again:eek:bviously i'm not gonna insert 2 images with 2560*1600 resolutions here

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Your files are way too outdated now, wouldnt be much point in working on them. If you had just released the source so the community to keep working on them you'd maybe be in a better place by now.

And as mentioned, doesnt hero have higher resolution

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Your files are way too outdated now, wouldnt be much point in working on them. If you had just released the source so the community to keep working on them you'd maybe be in a better place by now.

And as mentioned, doesnt hero have higher resolution

he isnt working to release stuff , just for fun and i got his files to a better state than most of the files atm in just 2 weeks :P

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
bah really?
i'm trying to get an opinion on image details, and you want me to start converting it to lossy formats?
the whole point of keeping the original bmp's is to get an accurate comparison (although you really need to view it on 2560*1600 fullscreen to get the best result still :()

again:eek:bviously i'm not gonna insert 2 images with 2560*1600 resolutions here

PNG's are compressed, there is no loss in quality. It just means we can actually see what you want us to see without having to navigate through some shitty cheap download site.