Request Recruiting Server Owner

smoochy boys on tour

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Hi everyone,

As you're aware we're currently running a Test Server for the crystal files. This idea has been found unpopular with users not regularly logging on. We completely understand that users aren't going to waste their time being a GM on a server that's likely to get wiped as there's nothing to work for.

We've decided to scrap the Test Server and build a permanent long lasting server. This is where we need your help.

We're doing the recruiting backwards. We have the team, we don't have an owner. We're wanting someone to create a server for us, take control of all aspects of its design, and ensure players enjoy it and keep coming back.

The team
  • Far - Code
  • Elijah - Code
  • Breezer - Graphics
  • Daneo - Database
  • SmavidDavid - Map Creator

What you'll get from us
  • A full team of developers
  • Dedicated paid for server hosting
  • Hosting space for a client and patches
  • First priority on all new features and bug fixes added

What we need from you
  • Take ownership of the server and be the voice to player communication
  • To be passionate about Mir and developing a long lasting, trustworthy server
  • Know how to handle player feedback
  • Implement your own ideas and move the server forward
  • To be able to communicate with all the team in a coherent language via skype

Note : We're not going closed source, all code we add for this server will still be publicly available as it always has.

If you're interested please PM me.

Last edited:

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I logged on occassionally to test things as I don't have time to mess around with the file much lately :( :P

Do you even know what kind of direction you want to take the server or would you leave that entirely up to the server owner? e.g. exp rates, gold rates, drop rates and so on.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Well the whole idea is once we find someone we shall be talking about the direction we are wanting to go.. But we are wanting something which is long term and stable obv :P

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I logged on occassionally to test things as I don't have time to mess around with the file much lately :( :P

Do you even know what kind of direction you want to take the server or would you leave that entirely up to the server owner? e.g. exp rates, gold rates, drop rates and so on.

Obviously we'll be giving our input and ideas, but we'll be leaving the majority of the design to the owner to decide.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I think smavid should make a map for me as I tried and failed :P Anyway good luck!

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
I would volunteer but my not for profit model always fails, best of luck!

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004

- We're not actually accepting any form of Real Money to clarify.

Last edited:

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
I was referring to my own past failures m8 which is why i dont think id be a potential candidate ;-)

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
My vision for mir always came back to bite me in the arse lol ran out of money and couldnt afford to keep it online. That and good team members to distribute the work are hard to find, that or i was too picky about clean scripting.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
This is a golden opportunity for someone with a good imagination for creating an engaging game for the Mir user base. Ben posted recently that he would like to be involved in Mir again, I don't know the guy personally and I understand some people don't get on board with him, but he did make some very good servers back in the day.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
This is a golden opportunity for someone with a good imagination for creating an engaging game for the Mir user base. Ben posted recently that he would like to be involved in Mir again, I don't know the guy personally and I understand some people don't get on board with him, but he did make some very good servers back in the day.
Hasnt Ben gone to Galaxy?

We need someone has a good imagination and who can tell a good Quest story. and other things I guess i would be working closely will the Owner (Member) Trust me i have alot of strong opinions on looks etc

Hershire.. Never say never mate.. Trust me.. Far is such a nag easier being married (from a single blokes point of view) lol

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

As Elijah already stated, there will be no money involved in this server. All hosting costs are already being paid for so we have no need for donations.

Duane01

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2005
I'm not sure I understand the point. You're already offering the server, hosting and developers... What is missing really?😉

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
I'm not sure I understand the point. You're already offering the server, hosting and developers... What is missing really?

The people on the Team already have no burning desire to Run and manage a server and player base. We want a Server 'Owner' to put things together, decide what type of server it is (within reason), make decisions on game style, spells, general player base interaction. They'll essentially be the face of the server and run it day to day.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Nice too see a good team put together for this, hope you find someone great to fit what you are looking for.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Should ask Ben, hes played Mir for years, had previous servers which all kept life of 100+ user for years.. There hasn't been a good Med/high rate out for years, chronicles etc out there which are all low, Galaxy is sort of high but is weird to play in my opinion and arcadia but that is pay to win.