(Request) One BIG Map.

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Hi i remmber seeing a map that had BW,SV,MW,PI,WW,C-GI & TV on one Mass map would anyone ever concider doing a copy of finding the org?

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
wow a merged map of all the provinces xD wouldnt that cause lag? or would it save lag :S?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
huge huge huge huge lag. why do you think provinces are split up in the first place :P

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
they also would have great difficulty in matching tilesets etc... and there would be a huge chunk of water unused... due to the shape... so even more lag as farphit said

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
depends what map editor you use, theres that chinese made map which is atleast 10000x10000.

+ the province names would be useless (wld just have to have one big map name, so u wldnt know where u are lol)

mob spawns would mix, you could lead a shellnipper into bw :P

having that many npcs,mobs,item drops, and people on 1 map would waste all your memory.

wizzies could cheat and use teleport and just jump straight to the other side of the world.

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
there was a map, but it was back in the 1.9 days i'm not sure 100% on the creator, but it was implimented into a server me & some friends set up to mess about on, didn't really lag with like 4-6 of us on it at a time, but yeh there is one around.
-Dan

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
av got a 999x999 map ;) ill show u screenie but not complete i aint been in the mir for abit so i need to finish it 1 day..

got 3 main towns leveling places lots caves entrance's ect.. ect..

there isent guna actuly be alot of mobs on this map its mostly guna have millions of doors :P
to caves , shops , ect so shud work alrite duno who to giv it to thou ... :)

Last edited:

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
Placing atributes on that will be an absolute whore bag. Nice map though.

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
i dont think is this the one you were on about m8. but it does have some of the provinces dotted about on it. theres a few attribs need doing to it on the right hand side.
I think i also have the mass map somewhere. ( i will look for it )

Last edited:

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
i do the atributes as i go along so its not tht bad just cba to finish it lol will be 1 day thou

n tht was the first screenie av eva posted of tht mad so consider ya selfs looky ;) :P
was guna show it wen it was finished

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing is depressing.
i do the atributes as i go along so its not tht bad just cba to finish it lol will be 1 day thou

n tht was the first screenie av eva posted of tht mad so consider ya selfs looky ;) :P
was guna show it wen it was finished

No matter how you do them ijam dookie is right lol... one **** up on a map that size and your preety much ****ed, if you dont notice it before saving.

And are you thinking straight? Alot of map will go to waste, as now days people cant be fecked to run around on maps that size.

Forgot to say its looking very nice :), and lookinh at it closer seems its preety packed, so running about may not be such a task :P

Last edited:

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
i always do a backup map , eg: i save about 3 maps just encase it go's rong but am tryin to put asmuch as i can in insted of wasting area's of the map :P

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
IJam, that map is awesome. Real map making that is.

I have the watery map if you guys want me to upload.