Restarting error...

smoochy boys on tour

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
ok, my girlfriend is at it again... she accidentally repaired windows... (how i do not know..)
but that's besides the point
anyway, when you go to load windows normally, it will get to the screen where it says "windows xp home edition" and the little green bar will fly across the screen a few times, but when that screen disappears, her computer will just restart

however i can access the computer by going into safe mode has anyone got a solution, or a way we can get windows to load in normal mode not safe mode without it restarting...

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
cant really tell myself.

all i could really say is the repairing of windows has stoped something running which allows it to run in normal mode what safemode doesnt need?

But, try reparing windows again?
if she did it once she can do it again??

/Tofas

Good-luck, others will be able to give better advice than me obviously, but thats all i could think of.

P.s if it was upto me id keep ur girlfriend away from computers :P

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
probably a driver load failed.
when you hit F8 and get that list of start up options.. there's safe mode and stuff.. turn on the Enable Boot Logging. Also look at the screen carefully see the last driver loaded before the restart.

best is to do a reformat really.

if you have a 2nd drive, use ghost to make a backup to it.
and format it.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
Kaori said:
probably a driver load failed.
when you hit F8 and get that list of start up options.. there's safe mode and stuff.. turn on the Enable Boot Logging. Also look at the screen carefully see the last driver loaded before the restart.

best is to do a reformat really.

if you have a 2nd drive, use ghost to make a backup to it.
and format it.
well... hit f8 , and go onto the enable boot logging, that then goes to an OS choices menu between windows recovery console and windows xp home edition, we choose xp home edition and it doesn't show any drivers.. just goes to load windows and restarts as per usual....