Safe Zones and Towns

YouKnowWho

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 12, 2003
Hello,

I've looked through the guides but I can’t see anywhere, where you set the safe zone for a town, can it be done using the Map Maker?

Also if you create a new town, on a completely new map, can you TT to it?

How do you set it, so the server knows it’s a town? Or don’t you do anything?

Thanks.

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
You write the town's map name in the Startpoint.txt file followed by the coords of your safezone. You could also make the whole map safe by write SAFE next to the map in Mapinfo.txt

As far as I know you can't do it in Mapeditor but if you could I'd like to know how.

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Set the map number and x/y coordinates in startpoint.txt and Gilga's said. It'll set a small area around that as a sz. Only other method is, as mentioned, to make the map SAFE in mapinfo.txt

There's no method of making the map safe using the map editing programs that are around at the moment.

YouKnowWho

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 12, 2003
Slanesh said:
Set the map number and x/y coordinates in startpoint.txt and Gilga's said. It'll set a small area around that as a sz. Only other method is, as mentioned, to make the map SAFE in mapinfo.txt

There's no method of making the map safe using the map editing programs that are around at the moment.

Is the size of the area always the same? is there no way of changeing that?

If the map is bigger, does it create a bigger SafeZone?

If you use Bichion map from the lastest official client, do you get the increased SafeZone area? or is it still the same area?

Trying to work out, if the server somehow works out how big to create the SafeZone, or if (im hoping) that the map stored that info, and the lastest MapEditor hasnt been released.

Also if you create a new town, and start a guild war, does the server know that your in the new town, and not let you fight?

Or does the server not reliase your in a town?

Thanks very much, for any info.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
YouKnowWho said:
Is the size of the area always the same? is there no way of changeing that?
NO, THERE IS NO WAY OF INCREASING THE SAFE ZONE AREA. APART FROM ADDING MANY DIFFERENT CO ORD POSITIONS IN STARTPOINT.TXT

If the map is bigger, does it create a bigger SafeZone?
NO, THE SAFEZONE IS ALWAYS 10 COORDS OUT EACH WAY FROM THE CENTRE (A 20 COORD DIAMETER)

If you use Bichion map from the lastest official client, do you get the increased SafeZone area? or is it still the same area?
ITS STILL THE SAME AREA

Thanks very much, for any info.

Sorry i couldnt answer all your questions, its been so long since i used mir2.

Last edited:

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
YouKnowWho said:
Is the size of the area always the same? is there no way of changeing that? It will most likely be changeable in the M2server.exe, but I'm unsure exactly what string

If the map is bigger, does it create a bigger SafeZone? No, as Farril said

If you use Bichion map from the lastest official client, do you get the increased SafeZone area? or is it still the same area? It's how it always is

Trying to work out, if the server somehow works out how big to create the SafeZone, or if (im hoping) that the map stored that info, and the lastest MapEditor hasnt been released. It will be a preset code within the M2server.exe or within the !setup.txt

Also if you create a new town, and start a guild war, does the server know that your in the new town, and not let you fight? It has to all be set up manually

Or does the server not reliase your in a town? The only thing Mapeditor does is show where you can and can't walk, and what the actual map looks like (size, visual textures, etc). Everything else to do with the map is run by either the M2server.exe or the commands within other text files, such as !setup.txt and mapinfo.txt. In other words, it couldn't recognize the difference between a Town and a KR on its own.

Thanks very much, for any info. yw (thanks to Farill for covering most points already

20 characters ftw!!!!!