Server Timeline

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Is anyone able to create a server timeline ?
What I mean is a list or graph that shows all the derivations we've had and are still getting ? A bit like a Mir 2 family tree.
I would have a go but I don't know half the releases that have been made.
The reason I ask is that I feel it might help people decide what version to use instead of trying to reinvent the wheel by using an old server setup.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Mir went 1.4

then it went 1.9

then it went 2.3

now it goes 2.6 2.9 3.2 wotever ppl decide to call their files

im taking the mick btw i dunno wot u even want really.. a server time line.. seems like ait of a silly thread?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
The server files came out as 1.4

Since then we've had many different files and versions. the most notable ones that are available to the average user is:

1.4 Although pointless these days
1.9 as above
2.3 The better and most stable for an average user imo
2.6 Wouldnt really bother unless you can code etc.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
No, you misunderstand me.
Any of us know the original official releases, spider patch et al. I was thinking more on the lines of unofficial releases.

Lets say there's a release called Lemon Source 1 or LS1. Bon uses that source and releases another slightly recoded release called Bon1. The Bon1 server's timeline or pedigree would actually be LS1/Bon1. If I then went online with a server called ArdbegHighExp but used the LS1/Bon1 release without any recoding, my server would be known as a LS1/Bon1 server.
The same rules could be applied to all the other releases and variants of those releases. DM2, 1.9, 2.3 or whatever.

The discipline would be to get the release to include notes of bug fixes within the files.
The idea behind this is to stop people duplicating work by correcting bugs in one release when they've already been corrected in a subsequent release.