Other Server version questions (1.4, 1.9, 2.3...)

Kappa

LOMCN Leecher
Feb 7, 2015
Good day,

been checking this forum for a few days now as I'm kind of thinking to setup an offline little server to remember the good old days.

I played "Euro MIR" ages ago... Then left it before it went out of business, still think it was quite fun.

I've been looking for the most close to EuroMir as possible files. I don't remember which version they were running at the time, must say I'm a bit confused. I don't think they made it to 2.3, am I wrong?
I installed a 1,4 version and it did look (I mean the client) as the first version I used to play on Euro Mir. Checked version 2,6... It's isn't at all the version I remember.
What are these "Emulated 1.9" server files? (Questions starting here). Why emulated?

What makes a client compatible with a server? I downloaded the 1.4 official and full client, expecting the binary (EXE) to be compatible with my local 1.4 server (once the ini's were changed).
Yet, it doesn't work. I need to use the mir.exe that was provided with the server files. I don't like it as it comes with the rev hack.
Any idea?

Yet... To be as close as possible to Euro Mir... Any idea?

Thanks a lot,
Ka.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
2.3 is as close to end-game euro mir you will get.

1.4 is just ancient nostalgia riddled with hacks

Upvote 0