Setting up a mir2 on my pc to learn first.

zigzag

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 29, 2005
Im trying to have a mir2 on my pc as a starting block so i can learn the in's and out of mir now this is my delema.
I can get passed the gates to chara selection but cant work out why when i click start all i get is a black screen as a new comer (i have to start somewere)is there an experienced person who could give me pointers as to what could be wrong im not wanting it to be on net as of yet only to use on my owm pc and im out of ideas i am in desprate need of help then once ive gotten it working ill try not to bother anyone again lol

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Wait, you get a black screen AFTER you get the notice screen and press enter? That's rather weird, haven't heard of anyone having that problem, afaik at that point when you get the notice screen you don't go through any connecting process or something? Have you disabled UPNP?

MegaSticks

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 14, 2005
Gimpasaurus said:
Wait, you get a black screen AFTER you get the notice screen and press enter? That's rather weird, haven't heard of anyone having that problem, afaik at that point when you get the notice screen you don't go through any connecting process or something? Have you disabled UPNP?

Read what he said, or in your terms 'read guides'. He's saying after he's got on to the character screen and pressed the start buton, he comes up to the black scnree, indicating the notice board not showing.

Next time stop spamming or read it more clearly as you would put it.

zigzag

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 29, 2005
ok got it working now can get to game next step is trying to work out how to make mobs appear on maps i know theres a thread somewere here just gonna take awhile to digest it all in my brain :bounce:

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
zigzag said:
ok got it working now can get to game next step is trying to work out how to make mobs appear on maps i know theres a thread somewere here just gonna take awhile to digest it all in my brain :bounce:

That's an easy one... go into your equivalent to C:\mirserver\Mir200\Envir and locate a file called MongenDummy.txt

Copy all the contents of that and paste them into the Mongen.txt file. If you read the details you should easily learn how to use the monster spawn tool.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
would of been server name not matching or ips not matching or wrong exe or lol the UPNP need to be run on your pc

lif

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
MegaSticks said:
Read what he said, or in your terms 'read guides'. He's saying after he's got on to the character screen and pressed the start buton, he comes up to the black scnree, indicating the notice board not showing.

Next time stop spamming or read it more clearly as you would put it.
I missread what he said. Big deal?

Now please tell me (in PM's) what the hell is your problem?

Please tell me how my post was "spam".

SPAM - Stupid POINTLESS(wich it definately wasn't) Annoying Message.

Soo, tell me how was my post "spam"?

Now please do piss off.

Thank you.