Snow and Grass Map!

Join Discord

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Hey guys, I'm creating one of these and its near finished, just want a few opinions on what you all think of one of these? Would it look and feel good when playing it ingame?

Just comment on the idea and picture which will be shown later.

/kizza

Alien

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2008
I dont like the idea it never looks right, Its not realistic what so ever, Theres hardly any need for it really, Thats my opinion.

ImapsI

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2004
its a good idea to have a small map before the main snow map showing the transition between snow and grass, but on big maps it might look a little weird. No harm in trying though.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah aslong as the transition from grass to snow is clean and smooth then it should look nice.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
At least I am trying tbh guys. If you dont like it, its a fair comment it just helps me get better at map making.

I haven't seen anyone actually try making a map like this before.

Here is the final picture of my first try with the snow and grass tiles. TBH it doesnt look bad at all.

/kizza
l-1.jpg

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Love it!

Apart from the edges, i hate them, a map shouldn't be so empty on sides, maybe its just me, i spend ages on maps where i have tree walls so that when you walk to the edge it actually feels like there's a barriers of trees there, not an invisible wall between tree trunks.

9/10 (-1 for the edges, in my eyes)

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
At least someone show's appreciation... Hate making maps when no-one notice's. Anyway i may aswell go around the edges more :)

Will release this later.

/kizza

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
vnice map dude, i did make a snow map awhile ago, look it up :)

ImapsI

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2004
Yea I think you did a great job! Though I agree with dave, you need to fill out the edges a bit more. Also I think that it could use the odd atch of snow either in the grassy area or try making it seem like less of a sudden change from snow to hot and sunny :P

But I like it! Glad to see your getting along with my tiles n such :P

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Very nice, like ImapsI said , just needs a few patches of snow in the grass area to give it a gradual effect, shame there isnt a town though or an area mobs to hide out in like a old village or something.

also needs to be a little less tree's in the snow area, it looks a tad cramped. Nice though!

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Ty for comments guys, does help.

I'll try make a snow province with a town in it which little villages scattered around if possible, like breezer said.

This was my first time using these tiles soo. Next time should be better.

BTW guys. If you want this to be released.. Just ask.

/kizza

Last edited:

redwolf187

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2008
ild love to see it released it would make a good impact on my server

Dazz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 12, 2008
Nice maps, tbh these maps have great potential - I personally suck at mapping haven't got the patient so nice one :P

When I say these maps have potential off the top of my head I thought quest.. looking at that map the Snow region is bigger. So maybe the people who live in the grassed region can go to war with the eskimo region and you have to help the underdogs ^^

Nice maps (Y)

/Daz