so simple its impossible to do this wrong, but Im good at achieving the impossible :P

Join Discord

sparkeh

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2004
Okay, map T6, I want to have as its minimap the 190'th entry in mmap.wil

My entire minimap.txt is one line

T6 190

How simple could you get, but it doesnt work, I get "No map available". What obvious stupid thing am I missing? lol

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Re: so simple its impossible to do this wrong, but Im good at achieving the impossible :P

sparkeh said:
Okay, map T6, I want to have as its minimap the 190'th entry in mmap.wil

My entire minimap.txt is one line

T6 190

How simple could you get, but it doesnt work, I get "No map available". What obvious stupid thing am I missing? lol

T6 191 (or T6 189) cant remember off hand, not on the right computer to check, but its gotta be one off the placement in the .wil

sparkeh

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2004
Karl said:
T6 191 (or T6 189) cant remember off hand, not on the right computer to check, but its gotta be one off the placement in the .wil
Then surely if I have 190 in the file it would display either 189 or 191 instead (depending which way round it is). But it doesnt, I get the red "Map not available" message

sparkeh

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2004
Re: so simple its impossible to do this wrong, but Im good at achieving the impossible :P

*twiddles thumbs* :P

Cupid

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 7, 2003

have you actually tried what Karl suggested?
tey

T6 189

and

T6 191

Hawky

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 12, 2003

Try adding T6 191 to your minimap.txt. If the map is in the mmap.wil file then it will show up.

Last edited:

sparkeh

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2004

Cupid said:
have you actually tried what Karl suggested?
tey

T6 189

and

T6 191
There is no need, please read what I said in reply to his suggestion, I will explain my reply further incase you didn't understand...

I wish to use the 190th minimap, there are 3 possibilities.
1. It is correct to use "T6 190" - result: Using "T6 190" will display map 190
2. I should be using "T6 189" - result: Using "T6 190" will display map 191
3. I should be using "T6 191" - result: Using "T6 190" will display map 189

All three of these maps exist in the minimap.wil so it should be showing one of them, I don't care if it is showing the wrong one, just showing a map would do at the moment. But it doesn't even show the wrong map, it gives a red-text error "No map available"

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales

Does the map exist in the Mapinfo.txt file ?

sparkeh

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2004

yes

sparkeh

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2004

eh? someone deleted my bump o__0

anyway, still having this problem, copied mapinfo and minimap.txt from an old server where I knew it worked fine and none of the maps will display on my server, am I the first person ever to have this problem?

sparkeh

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 23, 2004

my mmap.wil opens fine in lomimageviewer but wont open in wmlibeditor, not sure why, could this be related in anyway to the above problem?