So whats been happening? And What is this content, is it new?

Dano

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 18, 2006
Wales
Well hey there, its been a very very long time since i have been active on these forums and a much longer time since i was actively playing Mir, (probably around 10 years ago)

So was wondering if anyone wants to fill me in on a few details as to what has happened with the game and files etc. the last files i remember using was the original 2.3, and well that is about it, I really dont have a clue whats new and whats become the 'standard' and would like to maybe get active again.

So im posting here now and asking because i currently live in china and this popped up.

(excuse the quality it was a popup so i filmed it with my phone, but here's a few screen shots.)

WeChat Image_20190825221810.jpg WeChat Image_20190825221804.jpg 1566768200504.png WeChat Image_20190825221737.jpg

Is this new? can anyone tell me anything about it. Maybe its old news and if it is i appologise but i really want to know!

Anyway like i said, any updates or just general info on how mir life is would be nice to read.

TIA.
/Dano

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20190825221820.jpg
    WeChat Image_20190825221820.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 13

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Is that official? that is horrendous!

The main files used are c# files for Mir2
Most servers have their own takes on features, so there is no real standard.

You will tend to find most go for 4 heroes on their servers, look at the Eden Elite files, basically the features in there tend to be everywhere (as most people use that specific source as a base)

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Yeah, not a fan of that... looks like someone has just thrown a load of images together and loaded them to the game, so out of place.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Forget the mobs, on the right maps, they might actually look OK.

look at those wings!
And the sword 2x the characters size.
Brought together with the nice pink dress 😂

Dano

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 18, 2006
Wales
From the different popups of different games i have seen since living here, iv come to realise that if its bright, colorful and flashy they seem to love it. Dont get me wrong, its not everyone's cup of tea - im not sure where i stand on it however either they can be edited to a more neutral colour or they were possible originally a more natural color and they make look pretty good.

There apparently are a f**k tonne of private servers here in china with a very high player count (shame i cant speak the language, let alone read it) and they all have custom things, weather it be weapons, mobs, maps, items, you name it.

my girlfriend has this popup earlier:

A spell to summon a load of frost tigers was something that made me look twice.

And that bit where hes jumping and attacking.. just yeah Mad!
But it goes to show that there is loads of new content out there and its far from dead. its just getting hold of it and then making it English.

Is that official? that is horrendous!

The main files used are c# files for Mir2
Most servers have their own takes on features, so there is no real standard.

You will tend to find most go for 4 heroes on their servers, look at the Eden Elite files, basically the features in there tend to be everywhere (as most people use that specific source as a base)

Right fair enough cheers, i think im with you. im not in any way shape or from to be looking at and playing around with files but its always good to know whats being used and why.

/Dano

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Interesting to know, people have always said that Mir is super popular over there!

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
There is a streaming platform that they use which has a ton of Mir content on it. I can't remember what the address is but when i find it I will share.

Edit: I think it is zhanqi.tv, you may want to let Google translate the page for you.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
From the different popups of different games i have seen since living here, iv come to realise that if its bright, colorful and flashy they seem to love it. Dont get me wrong, its not everyone's cup of tea - im not sure where i stand on it however either they can be edited to a more neutral colour or they were possible originally a more natural color and they make look pretty good.

There apparently are a f**k tonne of private servers here in china with a very high player count (shame i cant speak the language, let alone read it) and they all have custom things, weather it be weapons, mobs, maps, items, you name it.

my girlfriend has this popup earlier:

A spell to summon a load of frost tigers was something that made me look twice.

And that bit where hes jumping and attacking.. just yeah Mad!
But it goes to show that there is loads of new content out there and its far from dead. its just getting hold of it and then making it English.

Right fair enough cheers, i think im with you. im not in any way shape or from to be looking at and playing around with files but its always good to know whats being used and why.

/Dano

That doesn't look like mir? Not the 2d we know anyway the movement is way to fluid might be one of the mobile 3d games they have done?

Dano

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 18, 2006
Wales
That doesn't look like mir? Not the 2d we know anyway the movement is way to fluid might be one of the mobile 3d games they have done?

Yeah it does look very mobile friendly, well everything is played on their phones over here. plus the pop up just had that feel to it after the 20 second video demo, the sign up screen comes up - just wanting your email address, phone number and a user name.