Solved Some help understanding how to set weapons on the database

marcmulhern3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2009
Hi sorry if this seems very basic.

Ive spend the last 3hours searching these forums for a basic guide on how the database relates to the client files.

I have downloaded this link for my client http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EENQZE9V which is the empire 2.3 files.

I have followed the setup guide and got the Diamond 2.3 server running online and clients can connect.

I'm very new to this and am basically hoping somebody can point me to a link/explain how to use the weapons.wil with the database.

I have got the FLD_IMGINDEX part and looked up the images in the Dnitems.wil. The item is showing correctly in the bag and on the F10 screen. However i can't get the graphic to show correctly when the character is moving around.

When i view the file weapon.wil it only shows up to the mirsword. Am i missing files? If so how to i add them?

It's very frustrating :/ Could any1 point me in the right direction please?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Ok, Dnitems.wil = the ground image (what the item looks like on the floor)
Items.wil = what it looks like in bag
Stateitem.wil = what it looks like on Char screen (F10)

The item should be the same number in each of those wils, you then put than number in FLD_IMGINDEX (as you have).

Weapon.wil = what it actually looks like ingame (hitting etc) now this number goes in FLD_SHAPE

The shape number is basically the number of the weapon in the wil, so if you have 3 weapons in your wil, the second weapon = Shape 2

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0

marcmulhern3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2009
Oh yes thats starting to make sense now thanks :) I have just been testing and changed the shapes up to 37(mir sword image)

Anything higher than 37 becomes blank even though i can see new weapons in the bag and F10 screen.

Im presuming i need a better weapon.wil? Any tips on how to find/update this? I seen in other clients they have many weapon.wil files

If i download another weapon.wil and name it weapon2.wil will the number count continue past 37?

Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Probably because MirSword is the final weapon in the wil... you'd have to manually add more weapon images to it if you want more.

I suggest searching for 'graphics folder' for an easier solution

Upvote 0

marcmulhern3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2009
Woohoo :) finally understand and creating my own wil files. Tested and working. Thanks dude your a star!

Upvote 0