Status
Not open for further replies.

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
any1 know were can i change the size of the raw for the spell name in the "E" see the screeny , i changed the name from "dsurge" to "destructivesurge" ,first i thout the size it's related to how many character's the spell name has but i think it's a specific size cos i tryed a huge name and u could see a half of letter from begining and half of letter of the end in the same size offcorse but wot im trying to say is that it show's it like an image not like a word , i tryed the gameinter at the "e" menu but cant see something that could fix the problem so i would apreciate a lil pointing in a right direction as i looked everywere i could think of

Attachments

• SCREEN0051.JPG
    SCREEN0051.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
Its a good question and i dont know the answer all i can give u is what i think.

The chinese(koreans) how ever use signs they need only a diffrent space for letters.

so in the tbl u have the possibility of 13 or 14 letters (as i belive).

so in that case im sure the progger have only implemented a space to shown in the grafik for the same spaces. and that would mean its hardcoded and cant be changed :(

as i said only my thinking i dunno if its right but it makes sence

ameno

Upvote 0

Inflikted

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
i cant understand your english all the way.. also i doubt this will work really as amenovis was explaining its actually hardcoded, the box sizes, but instead of entering this into the table...

Code:
"blahblahblah" why not.. "                                     blahblahblah"

to see the maximum length to the right it goes..

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
the filed itself(FLD_MAGNAME) from HL_MAGIC had a limit of 15 char's but i "design table" and changed that limit to 50 now , as at first i couldent change the spell name even in data base .. but now in data base it's ok , and i know it's posibil cos i saw it in zentaur
, and i tryed with a huge name in data base as i said the think happening then is that it's centers the word showing same size but from the center of the word .... so if i put KKaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaKK il only see couple of aaaaaaaaaaa in the e

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
mhh i had translated all magic names at the 3.38 files from demonic and also i worked with the 3.55 files from milo and i could not go over that 15 spaces in sql. the prob is self if u change the sql to 500 letterspaces the field in the grafik box show only 15 letters. (HARDCODED)

And i have played on Zentaur 1 year (i was the first player on zedis server and helped him with bugs and so on) but i dont believe that he had it complete as "DestructiveSurge" mhh i havent the client jet installed to look on it but im rly sure he havent it that way.

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
lol i cant belive i played 2 years on the server and never saw that the name down there isn corect ... ty ame i just whent on zen and saw that yep it cant be done lol ( u see so many bug's when u acctualy makeing the server then playing it :P )

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.