Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2006
South Wales
Nope =/
Thanks anyway.
Still same error...
Code:
Loaded client version information and server table...
Loading StdItem.DB...
[10/09/2007 17:14:44] StartTimer exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'sa'
from the M2. I think, if I sort out this, I'll be able to sort out my other problem(s).

I've tried settuping up the ODBC but... meh.

I know I've fcuked up on the SQL setup somewhere... either on the ODBC setup or the SQL 2000 setup.
Read about 3 guides. I must be naturally retarded.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
basically you now havent got the right password in the !setup.txt file for your sa account

Upvote 0

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
the password you would use to logon to the sa account using SQL authentication mode from the SQL manager

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
ehm i know i bump an old thread but if ppl have that its diffently that the server cant communicate correct with the sql its the passwort inside the !setup.txt or rly sql / odbc wrong seted

if anyone have that prob use the install guide from demonic (LS-Guide) u find it on kaoris mirfiles page (sure its for lom3) but the sql part install sql and odbc is identical to how to make it for lom2 servers!

(btw i bump that thread only cause i see someone is reading it cause he need something)

Upvote 0

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
go into !setup and make sure you have lom2_charDB in there aswell
something like this

SQLDatabase=lom2 your saying ur db is called Lom2_DataDB
SQLType=mssql
SQLPort=3306
SQLCharDatabase=lom2 is what i have as i only use 1 DB but urs should say Lom2_CharDB if thats what you called it in SQL.

I know this post is bumped but i thought id add a reply .

Upvote 0