Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Was not sure where to post this..

So if this is the wrong place, slap me and move it plz

As many of you know by now, im making a server for online play

Using the 4G files, i would like feedback on anyone who has used Mosquito 4G on what you dont like,
(NOT WHAT YOU LIKE)
So i can remove from game...

At first look i want them to look and feel like the heroes everyone is using...
Interface etc but i will be adding the korean 2.6 start, as i like it

Things i may remove/Keep

Round mini map, i may keep, unsure at mo

Dual heroes, probley cap to just one

Heroes on horses keeping i think

Magic on names keeping

Redoing maps so they look and feel more like mir2

Data to look like mir2

Items will be colour coded for lvl (IE) yellow name lvl 50, light blue lvl 60

Items will be multi class, based on your level, they will be also rares to collect

Server start is level 50 thats a defo and high exp

Ive just coded the exp showers and stones from the chinese servers as i will be useing this, as i think its great

So if you can let me know, if there is something you dont like in the files so i can get it sorted

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~UPDATE WITH PIC / VIDEO----------------
35m4mqu.png

Quest system will be at the top of the screen, unlock to use
(in beta)

Lots of new buffs/windows are not showing, as i need custom windows, which im working on

[video=youtube;77G-FlTO_oM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77G-FlTO_oM[/video]

Also i have posted here (upcoming Server)
http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?76325-Starlite-4G-Heroes-Custom-Delphi-Coding

Last edited:

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
No its mir2, but it is a cross breed

Search Mosquito 4g, pritty sure there are pics on here

Il have some pics/vids up at some point, ive removed my interface so if i take any pics it will look silly :)

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Took some screenies from searching .. hope these are the ones you mean lolll

Few screenshots.
windowsf.png

maili.png

exbags.png

openbox.png

huntingarea.png

Looks good tho, i take it ijam modified the heroes interface using these files :) nice work.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Wouldn't it better to build this into Heroes ? im no coder but alot of the features are already in Heroes and would be great additions.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
RealDeal was that 2003/2004 ? the good old days of mir

Yer pics seem to be the near the same version, only the mini map in not round plus that a old build they modded a few things

The version i want to bring online, is the same looking as heroes that everyone is used to, but with the extra stuff

Not only that, im coding in the 2.6 quest system as ive found my old source i made the other year

Ive had a few peeps asking for the files already, they are not for release, no donation servers will be useing this set

The set will be for free online play only, i have no plan to release the source/exes

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
RealDeal was that 2003/2004 ? the good old days of mir

Yer pics seem to be the near the same version, only the mini map in not round plus that a old build they modded a few things

The version i want to bring online, is the same looking as heroes that everyone is used to, but with the extra stuff

Not only that, im coding in the 2.6 quest system as ive found my old source i made the other year

Ive had a few peeps asking for the files already, they are not for release, no donation servers will be useing this set

The set will be for free online play only, i have no plan to release the source/exes

Looking forward to this.

linzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2004
rochdale
Yea sounds about right 02/04, Was the first mir2 server i played, when it went down is when i started playing mir3.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Yer right it was 2002 the first set, just before lomcn big crash and we all lost our accounts

We then came back to lomcn in 2004 and relisted so long ago

Then new set was starlite 1.9 with the custom starwars kit lol

Glad a few peeps are intrested in this new project of mine and it will be free to play no donations etc

Hate that thing

Will have some nice looking pics/videos soon

Just waiting on ijam to comfirm i can use the interface he made

Thanks for the surport guys

linzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2004
rochdale
Last couple days been finding it hard to find anything to play, holy went down, sphinx is boring, playing wild when it's up which is pretty decent.

may just give up completely till this is ready to play, keeping a close eye on this :)

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Thanks Hany

Looking foward to showing you the pics / videos i will be making

Its not even far off the files to play right now

Ive been working on the set for neally 2 months making english and adding bits

Ive used the fen chinese server files, modded to english as the backbone to starlite

I modded the fen files a few years ago, when it died, i decided to make english, as i was lucky to get the last set, as it was my all time fav mir2 server, And was the biggest in china

So right of the bat, its unlike the normal mir most are used to playing.. backed up with 4g exes

Ive just upgraded my old pc, so i can run this 24/7 on good spec vir 50meg line uk

Stay tuned as i will get some pics/video soon as i get a reply back from ijam on the interface

Thanks

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Did u ever release the source for these lifco? wouldnt mind having a nose around them some decent looking features

best of luck with the server, seems different, i might even pop on to see some of the new stuff, but wont play properly

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Yer thx ben, the older source has been released a few time on here, you must of missed it

If you cant find it just let me know

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
what happen to the english vs chinese??? and you saying we tried for years at makin a server and it never lasts.... and everyone needs to merge, .. what makes ya think this is gunna be ok? im confused...

stick with the english vs chinese, we can make english translation packs probably :P

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
I dont understand your post fully mate

The english vs chinese, in the end was only me left.. most left coz of lag problems

Tryed for years at makin a server and it dint last ? im also confused lol

The server im making now if for family / friends to kick back and have fun

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Some more pics of 4G with out hero to effect top screen hp/mp etc

k3oe39.jpg

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Took some screenies from searching .. hope these are the ones you mean lolll

Few screenshots.
windowsf.png

maili.png

exbags.png

openbox.png

huntingarea.png

Looks good tho, i take it ijam modified the heroes interface using these files :) nice work.

Thats Blood version. 4G is with the zhengtu interface and stuff.

Edit: yeh what lif posted above.

Also Lif, the client files are PAK format and encrypted, don't know if you know this or not.