Starting a Server

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hey guys ive played mir for over 8 years now and was wondering how to go about starting your own server? only privately atm tho obviously as im a newbie to this lol

is there a thread on how to go about it?

or any pointers any1 can give me plz? :)

DYNASTYMIR2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 12, 2012
It depends what version of Mir your wanting to create buddy, 2.3,2.6,heroes,ruby,mir3 ??

taifun

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2012
Romania
If you want do a server i may propose to you to do a 3.55 Holley , not such as head aches @king but is good

I heard Relentless can do a tutorial when he may have time

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
Use the mir 2 heroes files, so much easier to set up and download, and far more advanced features.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Use the mir 2 heroes files, so much easier to set up and download, and far more advanced features.

This essentially, while heroes is still a work in progress the files are at a pretty stable point I believe and from what i've seen a majority enjoy them aswell. 2.3 is rather out-dated now and is very hard to expand with.

/Czeldabolg

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Heroes files as people have mentioned would be your best bet. More features and a lot more user-friendly, and genuinely seem to be most popular now (with good reason)

With an active team adding things constantly to it... it's a no-brainer ^^

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
If you want do a server i may propose to you to do a 3.55 Holley , not such as head aches @king but is good

I heard Relentless can do a tutorial when he may have time
This is Mir2 chat.

PS: Use Hero files :)

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
so is there no other guide than the 1 ive already seen (above)?

wud b very handy to have a more up to date set of files with basic steps on how to create a serv.
Obv im not asking any1 to make this coz it wud prob take hours, but if 1 already exists cud sum1 point me in the direction? i searched quickly b4 i had work but no luck xD.

sounds like heroes wud b my best bet :) thanks for help guys!

also im completely new to server making, out of 10 how difficult wud u consider makin a heroes server with no customization, just average standard? (il point out again not for public use before im familiar with it)
i may not have the knowledge but i have the determination ;p

Last edited:

Usage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 8, 2012
Hemel
The files are pretty much ready to start the server and play with as soon as all the downloads/patches are done... :)

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
where can i download the client from please?

im assuming i just change the server IP adress to my own?

XxMasonxX

LOMCN Member
Jun 2, 2011
Honestly - I would go with hero files as they are awesome to work with - but if you wanna go for 2.3 then by all means create a 2.3. I uploaded a set of files that are located in ServerChat/Basic 2.3 Files -- started by stonecold.

Either way what ever you decide theres more then enough people on here that will help you along.

Your choice dude

All the best

Mason

Although i cannot say anything about mir3 (it never interested me) by what i hear they are good.........

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
i followed the steps on the sticky thread about the hero files, i did all the steps but it still wouldnt work, i got range check errors when i hadnt used mir.exe as administrator (also compatability), and when i had them both set to mir.exe i got spammed with access violations? lol
i clicked start server and it said server loading for about 10 mins so i assumed it was continualy loading?, or did i not wait long enough?

XxMasonxX

LOMCN Member
Jun 2, 2011
hero files are revitivley easy to set up using milo's guide, can honestly say- read the guide and understand it more then reading it and just following it, know what i mean, when i got a spare min will try and stay on lomcn to give u a hand seeting them up.

Mason

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
thanks m8 only popped on b4 work, i will post in more detail wen i can :)