Starting a YouTube Channel [Looking for 2nd Reviewer/Commentator]

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
As the title of this Thread states i am starting and would like some sort of beginning words of advice and maybe some first games to get some Gameplay and a 2nd Avid Gamer to help me come up with some videos for my channel or maybe a partnering channel :)
Mostly doing FPS games and RPG Games..

My Channel Here!
Have 1 video and rising!
Kind Regards

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Easy way of getting noticed is doing a game which isn't released yet and it's in closed beta or something as people will be searching for videos to see what the game looks like, but also doing it this way you can give your first impression on the game with commentary and posting it on mmosite with a chance to get noticed and pinned to the main menu.

Try to make yourself a intro and post 1080p or 720p.

I didn't really get big as i never bothered with commentary but i would say it's a must if you wish to get noticed.
My channel to give you some ideas http://www.youtube.com/user/TrinzerX

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Easy way of getting noticed is doing a game which isn't released yet and it's in closed beta or something as people will be searching for videos to see what the game looks like, but also doing it this way you can give your first impression on the game with commentary and posting it on mmosite with a chance to get noticed and pinned to the main menu.

Try to make yourself a intro and post 1080p or 720p.

I didn't really get big as i never bothered with commentary but i would say it's a must if you wish to get noticed.
My channel to give you some ideas http://www.youtube.com/user/TrinzerX

Will hopefully be 1080p.. But that depends on if i have FibreOptic by then.. or anytime soon.. My ISP at the moment is a disgrace..

And ill have a look at your channel in a bit :) +sub

also for my first "Series" i was thinking of doing path of exile, from like level 1-10 on episode 1 an 10-20 episode 2 an so on, so forth.. maybe looting/bosses/farming videos mixed in..
And hopefully they'll be some Planetside2 as well as other MMORPG/FPS Games in there :)

Edit: I'm crap with Sony Vegas and other video editing software, do you know a good one thats easy to learn? :)
I'd love to make a intro but i know fk all about that stuff :P also! you need more Path of Exile Videos!! :)

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Will hopefully be 1080p.. But that depends on if i have FibreOptic by then.. or anytime soon.. My ISP at the moment is a disgrace..

And ill have a look at your channel in a bit :) +sub

also for my first "Series" i was thinking of doing path of exile, from like level 1-10 on episode 1 an 10-20 episode 2 an so on, so forth.. maybe looting/bosses/farming videos mixed in..
And hopefully they'll be some Planetside2 as well as other MMORPG/FPS Games in there :)

Edit: I'm crap with Sony Vegas and other video editing software, do you know a good one thats easy to learn? :)
I'd love to make a intro but i know fk all about that stuff :P also! you need more Path of Exile Videos!! :)

Sony vegas is only for editing videos, for something like a intro you need After Effects which really isn't easy to learn tbh that's why i paid for my intro instead of making my own
http://videohive.net/
Really cheap though.

Also if you have a good upload speed i would suggest live streaming via youtube or maybe twitch to get noticed, something i can't do with a 1mb upload speed, you need something like 3-4mb to have a lagg free stream and decent quality, if you decide to do it with youtube you can upload the stream to your youtube channel once it's finished.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i'd recommend lots of short 10-15 min vids, rather than a long 30 minute vid.
Clear non-muffled commentary is a must if you want a lot of subscribers.
A nice short but professional intro and outro. videohive is great for that.
When you're not speaking its good to have royalty free music playing quietly in the background.

like sanity said, live streaming on twitch is worth while, then you can record the whole stream and upload it in small parts on your youtube channel for people who missed it.

Get a good remember-able logo. your current one has too small text to see what it says.

If you're speaking i find it nice to have a generic term/message you say at the beginning of all videos to introduce yourself.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
considered doing it myself a few times, but unless u got the time and motivation it will never work out, you need to be uploading a video every day or two, unless your content is that of montages and stuff that requires more effort in the gathering , editing department, than just commenting over a video.

If you are going to be doing gameplays you MUST commentate over them else your videos will just be over looked, ultimately its your voice / topics you discuss that will get you subs and then more video hits, alot of youtubers have made it big with poor gameplays but people love their chatter so keep watching/listening to them.

Live streaming is also a great way to connect with your fanbase.

most of all enjoy what your doing, if you don't no one else will.

good luck

Last edited:

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Thanks for all of the info Turrican, Farphit and Sanity :)
I wont beable to do commentary on my videos yet as i don't have a decent Mic.
But in time i will slowly get more/better equipment :)

Thanks

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
haha i will watch your videos miles ;)
Maybe we should play a game together sometime, something new and fun. I will be up for it if you drop me a PM :P
Don't know if ill be a good partner, ill end up swearing all the time due to death & pk :D

P.S.
I never seen any gamer use their real name as their youtube channel, mainly singers / artists do this.
Usually best to put your gametag as your channel name. If you want to make some sort of gaming company name then put your company name as your youtube name. Also make / bring ideas of logo into it first so you can make your name evolve around this logo.

Last edited:

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
haha i will watch your videos miles ;)
Maybe we should play a game together sometime, something new and fun. I will be up for it if you drop me a PM :P
Don't know if ill be a good partner, ill end up swearing all the time due to death & pk :D

P.S.
I never seen any gamer use their real name as their youtube channel, mainly singers / artists do this.
Usually best to put your gametag as your channel name. If you want to make some sort of gaming company name then put your company name as your youtube name. Also make / bring ideas of logo into it first so you can make your name evolve around this logo.

Haha sounds good and i've been looking all over YT and the settings and it wont let me put "Drabmetal" as the Channel name or even CyberGamesLTD :/ an insight on that would be awesome! an idc if you curse :) just keep it to a minimum haha

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
I'll do you a simple video intro if you come up with a name out of boredom.

Reactions: Voya

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
I'll do you a simple video intro if you come up with a name out of boredom.

That'd be AMAZING mate!
the name of the Channel is going to be "CyberGamesLTD"

Last edited:

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Like i said simple nor will i take credit for it as its from a template.. i may get u a few more soon if i can be bothered.

[video=youtube;R812rt7DTlc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R812rt7DTlc[/video]

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Like i said simple nor will i take credit for it as its from a template.. i may get u a few more soon if i can be bothered.

[video=youtube;R812rt7DTlc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R812rt7DTlc[/video]

The first one is awesome, ill just have to add sound to it if i can figure out how xD

Also some ideas for a Logo would be nice too! :)))

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
[video=youtube;WUJq1KRtOKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUJq1KRtOKA[/video]

If im not to busy tomorrow i may do you a logo.

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
[video=youtube;WUJq1KRtOKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUJq1KRtOKA[/video]

If im not to busy tomorrow i may do you a logo.

That'd be awesome mate, im going to see about using that first one you've made :)
but what program would i use to add in some sort of music? :P

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
I use sony vegas, if you cant work it out gimmie the sound and i'll add it to it np.

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
I use sony vegas, if you cant work it out gimmie the sound and i'll add it to it np.

Hmm, is it possible to kinda copy this template? :P

[video=youtube;CsR17mmsZhE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsR17mmsZhE[/video]

and the sound fx :) it sounds/looks epic