Sw:tor

Join Discord

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Im getting it, whens the actuall release date mate?

aint sure what class yet though

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
I want this game but my PC is lacking in... well everything right now, so am looking at £100+ just to be able to play this.

Game looks good and from what I been reading about it sounds like theres loads to do aswell.

The Knights of the Old Republic I & II were brilliant, hope the mmo is still similar to these.

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
Release date is 20th december NA and 22nd EU but pre orders get a extra few days and the talk on the forum is 14th december for us pre-orderer's I actually can't wait, ordering my new pc monday so it'll be great for it, Just because your below everything doesn't mean you won't be able to play as bioware are usually pritty good when it comes to running games on low spec machines.
-Dan

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Release date been chagned in the EU to 20th December so it matchs the US release.

I'm playing a Sith Inquisitor Assassin, tank spec. Cant wait.

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
Well the NDA recently got lifted so I've been watching a bit of gameplay on livestreams to see what it's like and I'm thinking of getting it. I'm in the beta next weekend so I'm going to give it a go then make my mind up. Thinking of trying Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer, or Jedi Consular > Shadow, not sure what I want to play yet. Looking forward to trying it out.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Am not keen on the graphics and the combat seems a little slow aswell by warching a few vids but il be pre ordering it anyway, not going to bother to try to get into beta at this date -.-.

I know it's not released yet but i hope they change that ui, really looks... kidish if you like.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
The available videos don't do this game justice, I too thought it would be a bit naff...but I always try before I judge and i'm glad I did.

Few things are very likable.

1. Crafting
Instead of YOU doing the work such as mining every little bit of material, you can send companions on there own quests which take a certain amount of time to complete and they return with materials as stated (e.g. Quest would take 5 mins and they return with a Gem stone...what colour/type is random)

2. Questing
It may have already been done, but I have yet to come across a game where I don't have to read anything! (Exceptions of course for the races that don't speak English lol) they actually play out cut scenes for you and speak out the text, also with the ability to skip with spacebar if you want to rush through.

3. Customisation
They make customisation of items VERY straight forward. It's a simple Ctrl+Right-Click on items that you're able to modify, hover over any of the slots (Used or Empty) and it will Highlight items that are usable there and then and also darken the rest, making it VERY obvious what can be used...in additon to the fact it tells you the changes (e.g. +5 Endurance and -2 Strength with this mod)

Added fun fact of this is you can also change the colour of Light Sabres and gun bullets lol, they also make they very attainable and easy to do (I was able to make Red/Blue and Green colour crystals for my Light Sabre as soon as I obtained the crafting abilities)

Tbh, I haven't even explored anything past Lv.10 and am loving it lol

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
The available videos don't do this game justice, I too thought it would be a bit naff...but I always try before I judge and i'm glad I did.

Few things are very likable.

1. Crafting
Instead of YOU doing the work such as mining every little bit of material, you can send companions on there own quests which take a certain amount of time to complete and they return with materials as stated (e.g. Quest would take 5 mins and they return with a Gem stone...what colour/type is random)

2. Questing
It may have already been done, but I have yet to come across a game where I don't have to read anything! (Exceptions of course for the races that don't speak English lol) they actually play out cut scenes for you and speak out the text, also with the ability to skip with spacebar if you want to rush through.

3. Customisation
They make customisation of items VERY straight forward. It's a simple Ctrl+Right-Click on items that you're able to modify, hover over any of the slots (Used or Empty) and it will Highlight items that are usable there and then and also darken the rest, making it VERY obvious what can be used...in additon to the fact it tells you the changes (e.g. +5 Endurance and -2 Strength with this mod)

Added fun fact of this is you can also change the colour of Light Sabres and gun bullets lol, they also make they very attainable and easy to do (I was able to make Red/Blue and Green colour crystals for my Light Sabre as soon as I obtained the crafting abilities)

Tbh, I haven't even explored anything past Lv.10 and am loving it lol

I read awhile back now that swtor will be a grindy game, whats your view on this if your playing? I really do hope it is, nothing better then having to work for your levels instead of hitting max within a sort period.

Trying to grab my mates account to have a test it out but hes having none of it -.-!.

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
You lucky bastard sonic >.< how i'd love to play it lol, even looked at buying a testers account but didn't really wanna spend 60quid on one lol, spose there's always this weekend so i can't wait :p I agree with sainty though, i hope it's not going to be a quick till cap game as i'd like to play through the whole starwars theme to the max :)
-Dan

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Grindy? Not at all. I've been in general testing for a little over 3 weeks now. I've made it to Lv42 without gridning at all. I just followed the story and it was so involved, it didn't feel like a grind at all. I cant wait for release to play properly.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Grindy? Not at all. I've been in general testing for a little over 3 weeks now. I've made it to Lv42 without gridning at all. I just followed the story and it was so involved, it didn't feel like a grind at all. I cant wait for release to play properly.

Just ruined it for me -.-. Unless the level cap is around 200... but i doubt it :P.