Systems Preview

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I recall GN was tempting us mir2 players to go to Soma which they started to host alongside mir2 at some point, at least the 'advertising' pitch towards us gave that impression, I think there was some discount offer to make us join Soma but probably few mir2 pple did.

Maybe the idea was we would subscribe and play both games. Probably Soma never got enough pple on it to pull its own weight financially.
They were pushing it because it was their own game lol. It had its own player base and pulled its own weight.

Fun fact: Digital Bros. sold Game Network UK completely to Cellcast Group in 2005, which completely dropped all video game content by 20 February 2006 and renamed it Babestation.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
They were pushing it because it was their own game lol. It had its own player base and pulled its own weight.

Fun fact: Digital Bros. sold Game Network UK completely to Cellcast Group in 2005, which completely dropped all video game content by 20 February 2006 and renamed it Babestation.

Soma was good while it lasted. Finito & iSlyver still host a server that has been online for the past 10 years+. I still pop on for a month or two here and there when I get the itch for it. The usercount doesn't seem to top 100 at any given time though and its plagued with bots.

Flashy

LOMCN Member
Nov 4, 2022
I recall GN was tempting us mir2 players to go to Soma which they started to host alongside mir2 at some point, at least the 'advertising' pitch towards us gave that impression, I think there was some discount offer to make us join Soma but probably few mir2 pple did.

Maybe the idea was we would subscribe and play both games. Probably Soma never got enough pple on it to pull its own weight financially.
They gave 1 month free for existing Mir2 players, I joined the server enjoyed it a lot but the minute I got gang raped by higher levels and didn’t realise each death decreased not only my exp but actual stats too. You know what happened next? I was back on Mir2 and it felt easy in comparison lol imagine the flow of tears if that feature was in Mir2
Post automatically merged:

Soma was good while it lasted. Finito & iSlyver still host a server that has been online for the past 10 years+. I still pop on for a month or two here and there when I get the itch for it. The usercount doesn't seem to top 100 at any given time though and its plagued with bots.
I log in now and again just to listen to Thousand Year Town BGM

Reactions: Wond

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
It had its own player base and pulled its own weight.
Didn't they pull rug from under it sometimes before mir2 also closed doors? You may be right, maybe it pulled its own weight but didn't generate any significant revenue push into positive numbers, else why end it?

I log in now and again just to listen to Thousand Year Town BGM
BGM can be big part of the game, I played RedMoon Online before mir2 and there was terrific BGM on Junkyard map, mir3d also has nice one on Border map but 'Bichon' & 'Mudwall' music sucks. Can't be bothered to go to settings and just mute all PC sound on those maps.

Mir1 is from the times when all games had BGM, does it have some?

tommo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 15, 2015
UK
Had a disscusion with @tommo as he likes the systems in Mir 1 and would like to bring them to a Mir 2 server.

Castle system would be cool with Monghcon // Bichon // Castle Gi as an example of Main Castles.

Good/Evil systems in place for items and caves.
Now you are just making me work harder to make me try and make this server massively different

Gonna be pestering you for help if i cant get something working now lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jev