The Legend of Mir and its Nostalgic Sound Effects

Nostalgic

LOMCN Member
May 19, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I grew up playing Euro Mir. The sound effects are very %Username% to me. After school if I wasn't riding my bmx then I would be playing Mir (or Runescape). Therefore every couple of years when I haven't played Mir in a while, I search for Mir videos and listen to the sound effects. This is one video I listen to (or watch in the bathtub on an infrequent biennial basis).

Link:

245 views as of this date. 5 are from me.

Happy hunting,
Nos

• Haha
Reactions: Tai

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Really bringing back the memories.

So easy to find anything on Youtube that's Mir.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
🤔 when you talk about sound effects. The old OmaWarrior cry was amazing, Sound of the Judgment Mace swing GreatAxe sounding like a axe 😆 those are the sounds I miss

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
🤔 when you talk about sound effects. The old OmaWarrior cry was amazing, Sound of the Judgment Mace swing GreatAxe sounding like a axe 😆 those are the sounds I miss
The minotaur ones were very good. I liked how scary they were for the Left and Tight guards in Prajna Temple.

Crystal spider sound effects also good. Many I can mention :)

DeathsDoor

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 9, 2004
Kurdistan
The WT cry is my favourite. makes me happy every single time hear it. Every couple of years when i forget Mir i sometimes have a spark of nostalgia for the game which leads me back to LOMCN to soak up all that dopamine. Its been 19 yrs since i created this account and there's still the same names posting on here that i recognize from my childhood. My LOMCN account is a time capsule for me.
Crazy to think about where i was in life back then and where i am right now, when my cousins and i gather up every few years we reminisce about our adventures in Mir. To this day i thank Mir for the man i am today, im so glad i made friends, lead guilds to war, made gold and getting scammed ingame because it taught me so much about how the real world works at an early age that it eventually led me to make very good decisions in life and business.

also Runescape, was anyone else the kid who would use the house phone to buy membership without telling the parents? there was no way i could pay for membership at the time as i was a kid so i had to do some mischievous stuff to get my runescape fix. Every month there would be a extra 5 quid on the phone bill that no-one knew the origins of... except for me 😏

Reactions: Nostalgic and Tai

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
The WT cry is my favourite. makes me happy every single time hear it. Every couple of years when i forget Mir i sometimes have a spark of nostalgia for the game which leads me back to LOMCN to soak up all that dopamine. Its been 19 yrs since i created this account and there's still the same names posting on here that i recognize from my childhood. My LOMCN account is a time capsule for me.
Crazy to think about where i was in life back then and where i am right now, when my cousins and i gather up every few years we reminisce about our adventures in Mir. To this day i thank Mir for the man i am today, im so glad i made friends, lead guilds to war, made gold and getting scammed ingame because it taught me so much about how the real world works at an early age that it eventually led me to make very good decisions in life and business.

also Runescape, was anyone else the kid who would use the house phone to buy membership without telling the parents? there was no way i could pay for membership at the time as i was a kid so i had to do some mischievous stuff to get my runescape fix. Every month there would be a extra 5 quid on the phone bill that no-one knew the origins of... except for me 😏
I loved the Woomataurus cry.

A lot of the PB omas too.

I'll give Mir credit for any sounds I use in my upcoming Wolfenstein mods.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I say it every time, but the old OW cry was the best.

Probably because this was in the beta/release days.
Oma Warrior was the first sub we encountered. So when we heard the cry you got that "****, where is it? Who can help me kill it?!" feeling.

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
my favorite mir video is definitely this

This is amazing.

Was no one paying attention or could you actually stand next to people while moonlighted and they wouldn't see you O.o

Kinda bs that it looks like death drops are disabled though!

Nostalgic

LOMCN Member
May 19, 2020

After hearing the sound of my brothers Judgement Mace and knowing it was base DC 0 - 33. All I could think about during my camping trip was how I was going to earn enough gold running Oma Cave F5 - F7 runs for stones.

I have the same experience with my brothers and cousins. Myself included, there were 7 family members that had an account and played. 4 of which were serious players (others irregular casuals). Same lessons learnt also through Runescape, lost 200m all-in-one first time gambling in 2013. Playing these games at a young age does teach you valuable life lessons.

I say it every time, but the old OW cry was the best.

Probably because this was in the beta/release days.
Oma Warrior was the first sub we encountered. So when we heard the cry you got that "****, where is it? Who can help me kill it?!" feeling.

I felt like this with the Frost Tiger in the beginning of my adventures, straight outta' Bichon.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeathsDoor

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
After hearing the sound of my brothers Judgement Mace and knowing it was base DC 0 - 33. All I could think about during my camping trip was how I was going to earn enough gold running Oma Cave F5 - F7 runs for stones.
So weird you saying that, I did the exact same.

I remember seeing a Zuma Judgement Mace (the crap one) and being on a camping trip planning out how many days of going in bug cave and selling items to shops I would need to do to get one.

Took me about 12 days earning about 40-50k a trip to bug cave to get it lol. (not buying pots or rts just running there and back to Bichon)

Reactions: Nostalgic

Nostalgic

LOMCN Member
May 19, 2020
So weird you saying that, I did the exact same.

I remember seeing a Zuma Judgement Mace (the crap one) and being on a camping trip planning out how many days of going in bug cave and selling items to shops I would need to do to get one.

Took me about 12 days earning about 40-50k a trip to bug cave to get it lol. (not buying pots or rts just running there and back to Bichon)

I once purchased a DC + 3, Luck + 3 Great Axe for 3.2m. I met him whilst training in P. Island Cave. I paid stupidly over its worth but all I wanted was an awesome weapon at the time as I knew it wouldn't lose durability via special repair. Too young to know any better, my eyes were set on that Axe.

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
M43-0.wav

Gold star to anyone who can tell me the sound effect
Did you find this on your PC?

We can't open it from here I'm afraid.

I'll check my device for the sounds I downloaded and see if I can name it.

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
This is amazing.

Was no one paying attention or could you actually stand next to people while moonlighted and they wouldn't see you o_O

Kinda bs that it looks like death drops are disabled though!
funny its actually @Jamie .. hes a badass