Top E.I Server?

Justme

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2003
lolz ,i come from Holland ,a 8 Mbit line here cost around 30-35 pounds a month ..

waiting to get a faster line ,and still pay the same :P

KiLLi

KiLLi said:
Nut House is fun. yet. faulty GM's....

Thanks to Cat n Nina they have resolved this problem.... by taking the faulty ones out. ^^

Many apologies if I have offended anyone in any way.

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Justme said:
lolz ,i come from Holland ,a 8 Mbit line here cost around 30-35 pounds a month ..

waiting to get a faster line ,and still pay the same :P

GRRR - I hate the damm UK - we are so far behind - i mean the chinese are running there servers off a 100mbit line for god sake and now we have holland running off 8mbit for the price i pay for 1 mbit - makes ya sick i tell ya.

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Sonic said:
lol actually u can get a 2Meg line in UK for 25 quid :P

Download limit means nothing unless all you do is grab files - what matters in this world is the speed on upload as well - this is what counts for running a server, a ftp, a web site etc. So what speed Upload do you get then? is that also 8mbit or a tad slower?

I wait for the Day they bring out SDSL so that we can have 2/2mbit or 4/4mbit sort of thing

Justme

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2003
mauldor said:
Download limit means nothing unless all you do is grab files - what matters in this world is the speed on upload as well - this is what counts for running a server, a ftp, a web site etc. So what speed Upload do you get then? is that also 8mbit or a tad slower?

I wait for the Day they bring out SDSL so that we can have 2/2mbit or 4/4mbit sort of thing

1 Mb upload or 100 kb/sec

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
in the usa if u have a 2 meg line u have 1 meg upload

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Dont the USA though have caps in place for uploads and downloads - least the people i spoke to had esp people from canada anyhow.

In the Uk as far as im aware - unless you live in LONDON the only speeds on offer are:

512/256 - ADSL
1024/256 - ADSL
2048/256 - ADSL

600/128 - Cable Modem
1024/256 - Cable Modem
2048/256 - Cable Modem (telewest only)

Now there is some other speeds out there such as 1024/400mbit for example but again - only avail im sure in major town. The other thing you got to take in effect is the total bandwidth per so many users. For example on ADSL you have ratios of 50:1 for example - so a lot of people uploading warez will drag your connection down to it knee's. Much the same happens with cable modem as well cos there is so big a pipe for so many customers.

Its a pity someone cant work out the bandwidth required per person really - for example you can easy see the effect running a FPS server as 8 people connect and its lag city (on a 256mb upload i think).

As for Mir3 - on my pooor connection i know i handled 50 odd people no problem without a single bit of lag.

Bane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2004
well what you realy want is a fiberoptic cable from bt the only probs is this is about 11 grand to install a length of about 1/2 a mile but if you had one of these then you are your own isp provider lets put it this way ntl has 2 off these lines and they suply about 40 thousand people internet acess

just my 5 cence on the mater of conection

me i'm looking to bye a house right next door to an exchange lmao

XmakoX

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2003
this is went way off topic lol

WeOwn is just out and its getting bigger as the day goes on :)

TritoN

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 21, 2003
Olymp is run on a T3 line dunno exact stats but it is around 100MB/s up and download for Olymp server PC (limited by network interface) iam sure all official server hosts using quite the same to cope with their usercounts lol
to come back to the point of this thread only other ei server ive tested so far is >wild wild world< and i can only recommend it :) it has same connection as Olymp and a very skilled server team and it dont need any childish discussions like some others here lol (their average usercount at evening was about 45 the last time i checked) its only draw back is that its all in polish language though its propably the best server around (alongside with Olymp Server cause we used to work together closely)

Last edited:

dreamcatcherei

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 2, 2004
Personaly Fantasy was my fav but it let me down so many times on and offline ((( , seems like now the more curupt a server is the more pple like it
yes im guilty of uping my exp in game and making some rares easy to come by and i do regular events but thats the way pple like it,and now they fedup up with lvl as noob after lots servers getting to high lvls (((

Justme

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2003
joshkbaker said:
hmm id say WeOwn ei server 50o odd ppl play not bad

o.0 50 must be when i sleep then ,nah max we had at 1 time sofar is only 24 ...

King

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2004
UK
Fantasy was the best EI server ever, but WeOwn is the best atm..

/King

Martinr

LOMCN n00bie
May 12, 2003
York
ok my list :
1)Camelot (closed down, hopefully coming back up tho)
2)Empire (nice all round server quite a few people on it and well layed out)
3)TheDyingRace (really good server till darryl lost accnts >.< still nice)
4)DragonNet (I was on this for 1 day and i got bored nowt 2 do really :()

There the only servers i played of EI as im 2 busy keeping my rep on Mir2 lol its a dog eat dog world wiv servers go 4 ur own choice and see wot its like from your prospective!

/Sulley
/Sparkz

Pyraine

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 22, 2004
Aggresion
ok my list:
1)Camelot (closed down, PLZ COME BACK)
2)TheDyingRace (awsome til Daz moved to Mir2)
3) DragonNet (it's good, nothing real special)

Lo Martin, didn't think I'd see you posting on LOMCN :D

/Richard
/Minamoto
/Tokugawa
/Klaw
/Pyraine

Spaminator

KaoriMIR which was originally crowsworld isnt the best server to play BUT. The community on there is great and it has a very reliable host. Even split 2 servers dungeon and province. The host has a very good autopatch system to help you get the exact files that you need so no faulty installations wasting alot of time due to EI weighing quite a bit. 1 main gm thats the host herself KAORI, totally not currupt. Items are still rare on there and its not to hard/easy to level. Great server.
Id still play if i didnt find EI Boring. Most EI Servers are based around the basic EuroMir2 scheme.. Unlike alot of private mir servers where u get teleported into dungeons decent quests etc. IMO WhIpLaSh EI Would have owned but it didn't happen NUFF Said on that matter tho.