[King] Translating Client Pieces

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Anybody know how / where i translate the pieces shown in the prtscrs below?
> ClientSide (Wep Stats, Char Stats, Buff Text)
> Launcher
Ty
P.S. If its hex editing stuff then please can someone put links to the upto date hex editing software / maybe a guide.
Thanks agn

---------- Post Merged at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:04 AM ----------

And also anyway to translate this tool? Thanks again :p

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Code:
Cost: %s %s SaleTime: %s    Person: %s  Cost: %d    Cost: %d %s Cost: %d  Taxs: %d %s    FameValue: %d  Rein(%dLevel) Private     %d%sPrivate     %dClass Item        IPBound         %dBelow Private     MasterApprentice    Master          Apprentice      GuildMembers        行会领袖专属装备

so i must put instead
Code:
Cost   : %s %s \0

-> I translated a few bits again making sure that i put the correct characters in (including spaces) but when i click the exe it still comes up with the same error (the image remains the K now)

Upvote 0

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Hmm...

You're editing in the "normal view" of the editor right? You *must* edit it in "HEX" view.
hex-editor-big.jpg

In this picture, you have to edit it in the view of the background. If you do it in the "normal" view, you add bytes for each letter you add, and the \0's convert to spaces, and all becomes a mess.

And another thing, the \0's are just a byte (or letter, as in English 1 letter = 1 byte) which hex code is 00, as for 'a' is 61, as you can see in the HEX view, so you don't have to type "\0" in the "text column of the hex view", you have to go to the "hex column of the hex view" and write "00" there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
If this is normal view then yes im editing it in normal view, i dont know how to change all those number binary code thingy :/

Lol im so confused, might just give up and try find the old k3mir3 translated and see if it works
View attachment 13067

---------- Post Merged at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:37 PM ----------

nvm dont think its around anymore, ill just leave it for now then and do something else on my server. Thanks alot for trying to help >.<

Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I think you click this to go back to the editing view
28kk080.jpg

Not sure, not got it on here anymore.

Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
yeh you click that icon and it toggles between the text view and the code view of numbers and letter.
But i don't understand what your telling me with the \0 bit that i have to do :/
its confused me now >.<

Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
yeh you click that icon and it toggles between the text view and the code view of numbers and letter.
But i don't understand what your telling me with the \0 bit that i have to do :/
its confused me now >.<

00 = Free bytes but there must be atleast 00 after each string. What hes saying is if you have
String 00 00 00 00 String

Ok so you got your strings in red but you have 3 bytes until the next string, you only need 1 free byte per string so you can use the other 2 for the first string so.

Stringggg 00 String

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashran
Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
00 = Free bytes but there must be atleast 00 after each string. What hes saying is if you have
String 00 00 00 00 String

Ok so you got your strings in red but you have 3 bytes until the next string, you only need 1 free byte per string so you can use the other 2 for the first string so.

Stringggg 00 String
So i can have:

Price 00 00 00 00 Price

Priceeee 00 Price
or
Price 00 PPPrice ?

---------- Post Merged at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Also i got this error again, the .exe logo is fine, i filled in all gaps with spaces/ limited my words but it still comes up with an error :/
View attachment 13068

Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Seems you are keeping the bytes the same but it's still breaking, you must be going over code, let me install ultraedit so i can guide you better.

Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
ok thank you, sorry i've been away watching Eastenders :p

---------- Post Merged at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:00 PM ----------

P.S. if it would be easier i could setup TeamViewer if you would like to demonstrate to me.
Would help me understand more as i'm a visual learner.
Would be much appreciated :)

Upvote 0

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
I'm sorry, but I can't install TeamViewer on this PC... :/

Let's do an example. I have not PRC installed, so put some imagination on this :P. You see that I've selected 0F 84 DF 02 00 00. So we have 6 bytes. The last one, which is 00 (yes, the 5th also is 00, but we only need a byte between words, so we can use upto 5 bytes).
a.png
So let's fill it with "hello", which is... Guess what... 5 bytes! Amazing. So we have 48 (h) 65 (e) 6c (l) 6c (l) 6f (o) and 00 before the next word.
b.png
Instead of "hello", we could write "asd", so it would be asd... (each point stands for a 00).

If you ONLY type whatever you want (don't use estrange functions like append bytes or whatever... simply replace it with your keyboard) it SHOULD work. You know: always using hex view, find what you want to translate, replace it and save.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
He was using the other view to edit, he seems to have it understood a bit better now.

Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Yeah thanks! :)
I would +rep again but i can't lol >.<

---------- Post Merged on 28-12-2012 at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 27-12-2012 at 11:53 PM ----------

From where i have put the space's it's left huge gaps inbetween things. Does this mean i have to rewrite the strings so that the spaces go after the text?
so Level:%d 00 00 00 00 <?
or
Level:%d . . . . <? to end the string
View attachment 13071

---------- Post Merged on 28-12-2012 at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 27-12-2012 at 11:53 PM ----------

ok i fixed it by changing the whole string so its

Level:1 00 00 00 00 00
not
Level 00 00 00: 00 1

---------- Post Merged on 28-12-2012 at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 27-12-2012 at 11:53 PM ----------

I've put D-Power and the D is missing,
it only displays -Power Any idea's? ty

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashran
Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
ahh yeah i replaced the D- with 00 00 to make it just Power which worked, since i saw this message i tried replacing the Power back to D-Power and now D-Power works.

I'm not to sure if this is because of the hex editing but my items have no dura?
Thanks

Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
ahh yeah i replaced the D- with 00 00 to make it just Power which worked, since i saw this message i tried replacing the Power back to D-Power and now D-Power works.

I'm not to sure if this is because of the hex editing but my items have no dura?
Thanks

Oh dear, sounds like you gone over the dura code lol, by that i mean %d part of dura, suggest you find dura and add it back. It might not be %d just look at a un edited one to see what it is.

Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
grrrrr i got everythign working fine from items down, i scroll up to do another part, save it and it all crashed -_-
ill work scratch and copy out pieces from my old one i guess >.<
Going bed now though ;/

---------- Post Merged at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:47 AM ----------

atleast then i can find back dura too

Upvote 0

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
It's easiest to just use a English wil. Replace the GameInterf and Interface.wil and should correct what you are working on. That way no hex editing, and you can move onto another fix.

Upvote 0

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
It's easiest to just use a English wil. Replace the GameInterf and Interface.wil and should correct what you are working on. That way no hex editing, and you can move onto another fix.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what are you talking about. As far as I know, game strings can't be replaced in GameInter, as they appear as messages OVER the GameInter or as messages in the chatbox, etc.

They have to be hexed in client, as he is doing. It's a long process, but it's not difficult. You only have to be careful.

Upvote 0

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I've come across a bug in the code with drugs, the drug code is
Code:
Velocity INC by %d for %d seconds
The %D is only still number, %s is a count down number, if i replace %d with %s and log ingame to use a drug i will get crashed out with an error, with %d the number just stays the same all the time. Anyway to fix?
Thanks

View attachment 13076

---------- Post Merged at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:03 PM ----------

After im finished translating im gonna go save the thing elsewhere and then try go back through and try make them separate strings

---------- Post Merged at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:03 PM ----------

After im finished translating im gonna go save the thing elsewhere and then try go back through and try make them separate strings
didn't work :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I've come across a bug in the code with drugs, the drug code is
Code:
Velocity INC by %d for %d seconds
The %D is only still number, %s is a count down number, if i replace %d with %s and log ingame to use a drug i will get crashed out with an error, with %d the number just stays the same all the time. Anyway to fix?
Thanks

View attachment 13076

---------- Post Merged at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:03 PM ----------

---------- Post Merged at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:03 PM ----------

didn't work :/

Didn't think it would work, once you go over code it's not easy to get all back, only option is to go back to the last working edit.

Upvote 0