fair play thats quite cool lol is that sound from final fantasy lol

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I love how all the SFX are from FF.

TT was the best card game of the series!
If you get a full sweep of the cards, do you get all the cards like in the game (or am I thinking of FF9...)

Either way nice work man

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
I love how all the SFX are from FF.

TT was the best card game of the series!
If you get a full sweep of the cards, do you get all the cards like in the game (or am I thinking of FF9...)

Either way nice work man
is this the card game in ff8 when you get ifrit cards and that? I only played 7 and 8 lol dont really play games anymore

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
is this the card game in ff8 when you get ifrit cards and that? I only played 7 and 8 lol dont really play games anymore
Yeah its the tripple triad game from 8 and in FF9 you had Tetra master which was a little more complex but just as fun.

gotta say I like the idea of this though.

Reactions: Shyfx

Shyfx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 19, 2007
Yeah its the tripple triad game from 8 and in FF9 you had Tetra master which was a little more complex but just as fun.

gotta say I like the idea of this though.
cool didnt realise that was the name of it till they said I mean it was a long time ago I played them back in the teenage years lol nearly 40 now haha

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I just love the FF music, listen to that stuff anyway.

@Sanjian how do you get cards, do you have to kill bosses and stuff for any?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
scarecrow will drop its scarecrow card..

mobs will be the main place for cards, and winning against some npcs..

in player vs player i use the trade rule 1. so the winner will take 1 of the other players played cards, you dont lose cards vs npcs.

i have also got a practice type pvp match where you and the other player dont play for cards you just play for fun

EDIT: if you played triple triad from ff8 you will know the different rule types. I have standard rules, plus rules and same rules.

so 4 types of matches available

Standard
Plus
Same
Plus & Same

• Love
Reactions: LightBringer

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
scarecrow will drop its scarecrow card..

mobs will be the main place for cards, and winning against some npcs..

in player vs player i use the trade rule 1. so the winner will take 1 of the other players played cards, you dont lose cards vs npcs.

i have also got a practice type pvp match where you and the other player dont play for cards you just play for fun

EDIT: if you played triple triad from ff8 you will know the different rule types. I have standard rules, plus rules and same rules.

so 4 types of matches available

Standard
Plus
Same
Plus & Same
Sounds perrrrfect!
Can't wait, only issue is I will fall behind on your server as I'd end up playing this for hours haha

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
looks fantastic but you need to add some kind of ranked system with rewards or it will be wasted and most wont touch it. add in other rule sets to different maps. bichon could be trade 1, Sw could have the open rule set ect

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
looks fantastic but you need to add some kind of ranked system with rewards or it will be wasted and most wont touch it. add in other rule sets to different maps. bichon could be trade 1, Sw could have the open rule set ect
i could utilise the pk system as i stripped that down and dont use pk points...., could even league it like rocketleague, earning points brings you up divisions etc...
Post automatically merged:

Sounds perrrrfect!
Can't wait, only issue is I will fall behind on your server as I'd end up playing this for hours haha
i never understood the idea of falling behind....

it seems that falling behind (not being in the top 20) is seen as your at a massive disatvantage?

the only thing being a higher level really brings is being able to do group content solo... okay you might get the bosses but thats why i have an instancing system in place.

my servers design is going to cater more towards the casual player more than it ever will support the hardcore, thats my vision/goal anyway >.<

Last edited:

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
This system is alot more complex but the video gives a basic understanding.

The NPC in game will teach you more.

Adding triple triad (and/or tetra master) has been on my todo list for a very long time. Did you manage to implement the triple triad open-source project code, or did you write it from scratch?
Amazing addon by the way!

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
i could utilise the pk system as i stripped that down and dont use pk points...., could even league it like rocketleague, earning points brings you up divisions etc...
Post automatically merged:

it seems that falling behind (not being in the top 20) is seen as your at a massive disatvantage?

the only thing being a higher level really brings is being able to do group content solo... okay you might get the bosses but thats why i have an instancing system in place.

my servers design is going to cater more towards the casual player more than it ever will support the hardcore, thats my vision/goal anyway >.<
I mean in general

I will end up staying at like level 10 playing Triple triad and never moving hahaha

• Haha

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Adding triple triad (and/or tetra master) has been on my todo list for a very long time. Did you manage to implement the triple triad open-source project code, or did you write it from scratch?
Amazing addon by the way!
all credit goes to @Lilcooldoode who i hired a few years ago to do it, its written completely from scratch, he wasnt really sure about the games mechanics so i just told what i would like and between us we finished with what we have, the NPC ai for playing is one of the things i loved the most as sometimes people just dont want to play.

like you its something i wanted in for a long time, ive got a few more features i would really love to implement, but its probably beyond my ability

the system is pretty fun, i can choose what cards the npcs have access too. i was going to add more trade rules but i thought it would be pretty mean to do a trade rule ALL, in ff8 if i lost a good card i just reloaded an old save lol

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
all credit goes to @Lilcooldoode who i hired a few years ago to do it, its written completely from scratch, he wasnt really sure about the games mechanics so i just told what i would like and between us we finished with what we have, the NPC ai for playing is one of the things i loved the most as sometimes people just dont want to play.

like you its something i wanted in for a long time, ive got a few more features i would really love to implement, but its probably beyond my ability
For features like this, having the one sided playability is essential, it adds so much replay-ability without relying on other people, who may not want to play the game.

I remember seeing you post this for your last server and was in awe then, and I am now :D

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
For features like this, having the one sided playability is essential, it adds so much replay-ability without relying on other people, who may not want to play the game.

I remember seeing you post this for your last server and was in awe then, and I am now :D
i am tbh, the coding on it was genius... but hes going to get a big head for sure >.<

• Haha
Reactions: LightBringer

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005

the system is pretty fun, i can choose what cards the npcs have access too. i was going to add more trade rules but i thought it would be pretty mean to do a trade rule ALL, in ff8 if i lost a good card i just reloaded an old save lol
I'll be happy to join just to play this, just saying lol
I saw the npc ai in the video, can you also play between players?

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009

the problem is the snowball effect and the fact theirs only really 2 competitive guilds that both hate each other. no server in the past few years has slowed down progress late game or had any kind of endgame, all that is ever pumped in to a server is more leveling zones which only snowballs people more because people think they should be leveling faster at level 80 than 33 and throw tantrums if they dont get there own way

The fact is the moment one guild gets ahead the servers dead. it just becomes a **** show of abuse and toxic behavior and they still dont understand there killing every server off when they no life a server 16 hours a day, other guilds gets bored quits, snowball guild has nobody to pk so they quit. leaving a handful of stragglers till the next server.

hard level caps with actually endgame content would go along way to keeping a server alive longer . no dev on lomcn can keep up with the ridiculous amount of time some people put in to a server.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I'll be happy to join just to play this, just saying lol
I saw the npc ai in the video, can you also play between players?
yes players can play each other, you can also... i think its alt right click 2 players playing and watch the match, you cant see thier cards though to stop ghosting.

EDIT: last year we did knockout tornaments aswell, was pretty good fun tbh, although GMing a tournament isnt as much fun as playing in one!

because cards can drop with RNG values upto X amount, if a card drops and its values are ALL maxed out, it becomes a gold card.

1676638337027.png

1676638350053.png

there are also common rare leg and myth cards

1676638389031.png

1676638403874.png

1676638419346.png

i was forced under protest to add this.....

1676638444338.png

Status
Not open for further replies.