very annoying mob bug

Join Discord

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
i have done a search and could not find the exact problem i am having. Most mobs have around 360 images, roughly anyway as i can't remember exact number. Some mobs have over this amount of images. I insert the images into a clean wil file. The images are in the correct place, the appr is correct and i am pretty sure the race and race img are correct. So i check the mob works and he walks around fine attacking me etc. I then go to hit the mob and he flashes and causes the client to completely mess up not allowing you to see the map etc. I kno the files are not corrupt as many peeps have used them and it has done it with a number of mobs now, could it be anything to do with wil file type.1/type.2/type.3? Thanks in advance. If it is any help i am running a 1.9 server using the ledu client.

Last edited:

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
Not 100% sure but what mobs are they ? The 1.9 client may not support the 2.3 mobs /spells ect so may cause your client to crash, Just a suggestion though im not 100% sure on this one.

Upvote 0

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
i have done a search and could not find the exact problem i am having. Most mobs have around 360 images, roughly anyway as i can't remember exact number. Some mobs have over this amount of images. I insert the images into a clean wil file. The images are in the correct place, the appr is correct and i am pretty sure the race and race img are correct. So i check the mob works and he walks around fine attacking me etc. I then go to hit the mob and he flashes and causes the client to completely mess up not allowing you to see the map etc. I kno the files are not corrupt as many peeps have used them and it has done it with a number of mobs now, could it be anything to do with wil file type.1/type.2/type.3? Thanks in advance. If it is any help i am running a 1.9 server using the ledu client.

Possibly not the best advice, but don't use ledu, use the new 2.3 files.

/Ash

Upvote 0

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom
I'm guessing it has something to do with the way you've compiled your .wil file. Something isnt right maybe.

Either that for you a little off with your Race and Race Img. I use the updated Gadget Image Viewer to compile new wils for 1.9 or below.

Lyncus

Upvote 0

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
I have been trying to add new korean mobs, some new mobs have worked fine. I will try that program and see if it helps. I'm sure it's not the race and race img and i'm not sure how i could have compiled wrong this many times lol. Thanks for your help guys, hopefuly i can resolve this.

Upvote 0

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
they are quite large, hard to say exactly but one of them is the new Ice boss. I have added big mobs before fine which are about the same size as the ones i am trying to add. I get confused as normal mobs have 360 or so images, but some have 500+ images without magic images.

Upvote 0

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
single wil them and add them to the graphics/monster folder .
or just renumber the original wil from the korean files.

Upvote 0

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
i will give that a go, but i think i may have already tried that and got the same problem. Will try all these ideas when i am home from work, thanks.

Upvote 0

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
the mir clients have the image numbers linked to the raceimg
this means that if a mob has say 500 images it also needs the proper raceimg to support those 500, either that or you need to move all the images arround so they are on the same locations of another raceimg with less images (but then you'd obviosly be losing images :p)

Upvote 0

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
thanks TD that has cleared things up, and it could possibly be my problem. As i have just been using standard oma race and race img to test them, and an oma has less images than the mobs i am trying to add. Thanks.

Upvote 0