Virus scanner.

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
Which is best virus scanner to check for viruses and take them off? Also i want it to not delete my Mir 2 exe's and what not it will be harder to find were i got them from.

Also off topic Q but every time i click on my msn i get Blue screen of death... I'm using the latest Messenger 2011.. I clicked it once and auto went on blue screen. Anyone knw why?

Thanks.

-Ash

PS: Not sure if this is a good section to post it but i wanna secure my server files exe's and client and pc..

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Why you using another account to post on.. wrong section as none of this is mir related only that you need to add an exception and your pc or hardware has had it as you seem to keep getting the "blue screen of death" even since formatting your pc which would suggest a hardware problem.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
[MENTION=14302]ashleyuk[/MENTION] is Based around the PC i usly work on and hang and what not it's my main place..

[MENTION=15839]BeerNMoney[/MENTION] is my Uncles account and he lives some were els and i pop over and sleep and go on lomcn while his account is still signed in.

[MENTION=15835]Cba2KillU[/MENTION] is my Dad's accounts and i go on his time to time when someone is using my PC.

I don't see what the problem is.. I'm askin Questsions and not abusing spam i think so i don't see what is toubling you so badly..

Any how ontopic: I keep getting a BlueScreen of death every time i go on somet that over powers my PC what takes alot of power to open it.. Example: Messenger takes a bit to sign in, 3D Games take alot of power to upload and other stuff does. Only thing that doesnt cause a BlueScreen of death is Mir because obv it doesnt use alot of what ever it uses..

Any idea how to fix this?

I also get a Box thing what checks for solution but it doesnt.. (Not sure if to post whats on it incase it holds personal details..) I'll ask my Dad to check if it does if it doesn't ill post what it says on it..

Anyone knw why this is keep happening? If not ill try another wipe and what not and hopefully fingers crossed that will work!

-Ash

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
BSoD is a hardware failure and will usually come with an error code.

Search for that code & see if it returns anything useful.

If it only happens when something strains your PC it could be any number of things.

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
I'll post some of the things that may cause the problems..

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version:
Locacal ID: 2058

Files that helps describe the problems:
C:\Windows\Minidump\100311-24679-01.dmp
C:\Users\DarkLord94\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-40263-0.sysdata.xml

Any of this information helps?

-Ash