Warframe [Action Shooter]

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Recently, I've been playing a game called Warframe which is a Sci-fy type of Action Shooter.
The game is very fun and interesting even though its in beta, and still being Updated regularly.
Below I'll be posting some links to Registration/Download/Forums/Videos/FAQ.

There are 3 Factions that you are fighting, which are:
Infestation "Infected Race"
Grineer "Military Force"
Corpus "Technologically Advanced Race"

Who you are is a Race called Tenno, which is considered an enemy of all the other Factions,
and you must fight them and wipe them out of the Solar System.

The "Missions" are setup as "Planets" and there are varied amounts of Missions per planet.
Each Planet has a Boss that you can kill and collect rewards for it.
Such as Blueprints, and Materials to create other items in the Foundry.
Foundry is the in-game Crafting System.

Alerts - Randomly throughout the day there are a lot of Alerts which are Special missions that
give you special rewards that are only gained through Alerts, and Sign-in Rewards.

And one of the amazing things which happens is called The "Stalker" which randomly appears
and attempts to kill you. He drops 3 distinct items Despair [Kunai Knives], Dread [Bow], and Hate [Scythe].
Which are amazing items :) and a way to know the Stalker is going to come is the Lights will flicker then
there will be Dialog of him saying "The blood of [a boss you've killed] " then he'll appear in smoke and
attempt to kill you. He cannot be killed, only Defeated "he'll knell down and smoke will appear and he'll leave"
He rarely drops the BluePrints for the 3 items listed above.

By far the funnest game I've played in a while.

Ok, now for the links :D..
Download [Click Download on Mid-Right]
Forums
FAQ
Warframe YouTube Channel
Streamers [Very Helpful]
Stalker Encounter

Update:
Video of me killing the first boss :)

Last edited:

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
This is/was a pretty good game. I know its in beta but it needs a lot of work imo. it gets very repetitive because there are only a few enemy types to go against, and the environments, although they are semi-random in layout each time, its the same 'pieces' being used over and over. So although your warframe progresses the excitement does not, you'll just find yourself doing the same thing over and over repeating the same kinds of missions. Environment lighting is also completely pissed up and was at times seriously blinding and hurting my eyes, your warframes torch never came into play because of that, even on the 'infected' missions which are supposed to be all dark, you can see clearly, and still in places blinding.

I did like that it wasn't particularly pay to win, as what you could pay for could fairly easily be achieved by completing missions and collecting items to craft better weapons, paying just got you there a bit faster. After a few weeks I had the weapons I want and all the abilities and such I could ask for, that's when it became a bore.

I did play this for weeks though and was fun, I'll probably go back to it when I hear there's more content and variety been added to it.

Despite all I've said I do think it is worth checking out.

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
This is/was a pretty good game. I know its in beta but it needs a lot of work imo. it gets very repetitive because there are only a few enemy types to go against, and the environments, although they are semi-random in layout each time, its the same 'pieces' being used over and over. So although your warframe progresses the excitement does not, you'll just find yourself doing the same thing over and over repeating the same kinds of missions. Environment lighting is also completely pissed up and was at times seriously blinding and hurting my eyes, your warframes torch never came into play because of that, even on the 'infected' missions which are supposed to be all dark, you can see clearly, and still in places blinding.

I did like that it wasn't particularly pay to win, as what you could pay for could fairly easily be achieved by completing missions and collecting items to craft better weapons, paying just got you there a bit faster. After a few weeks I had the weapons I want and all the abilities and such I could ask for, that's when it became a bore.

I did play this for weeks though and was fun, I'll probably go back to it when I hear there's more content and variety been added to it.

Despite all I've said I do think it is worth checking out.

Some new things they've added is
A Clan Dojo [With an a Dueling Area, Special Weapons that are awesome and take time to get]
Also the Void, which has 3 Tiers, adn you can obtain Frost Prime, Latron Prime, Reaper Prime, and some other Prime items "Which are better than The Normal Version" but not to the point where its OP.