We Need A HighRate

Dazz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 12, 2008
Me and a mate are making a server atm, not gonna be up no time soon doing work when we can and when we can be arsed we don't wanna rush it - not decided on rate yet though.

The PC were hosting on is by far good enough so no need for a dedi so donations wont be involved with the server as todd said, donations are fine aslong as it dusnt make rich people irl the best on the game.

We may consider this in our serv but believe me, you wont be able to donate for any items.

/Daz

DiabloDoom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 1, 2010
Tbh if someone offered you £200 for a Para/Pro you'd take it, weather you claim to have donations or not.

Pob did it on Elysian when donations werent even ingame, sold a MirArmour to someone.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Honestly, what do people expect when it comes to donations?

Who in their right mind is going to sit all day listening to cries, moans, being given abuse and all the other crap that comes with running a server and get absolutely nothing from it?

Get real.

Dazz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 12, 2008
but if its clearly stated no donations - no one will ask its not wether i wud take it or not.. there will be no donations lol.

/Daz

Williams

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2007
of course the gm will want to take the money. i remeber on p69 scorp took donations from the P*ki crew. they would deny it so would he but it was clear to see. it wasnt out of hand at the start which is y he got away with it for a few years. but once they started buying full kited out charas it did ruin the server imo. yes scorp would of lost money if he didnt let em buy kitted chara's but he most of lost alot from other players who donated a few quid here and there for items which are not going to fk up the econermy of the server.

its good to see you are not going to rush ur server. alsong as a server is well prepered it will last and with abit of luck and decent gm's it will work out well.

as for ur exp rate. have you fault about doing a low/high rate server?? il explain lol

basically not many ppl like euro style servers no more. same old maps/items/bosses. just dont cut it for many of the old skool players.

and i think alot of ppl are getting bored of high rate servers. to much kit gets confusing, no 1 really knows what item values are worth, econermy is ****, stats get out of hand, not many rares. end up doing same caves again coz the gm has used all his map files up.

so my idea was to make a server that trys to mix and match the both.
bring back some of the origional parts of mir and mix it with some cool new stuff. as for exp rate. start at lvl 1 and have it so its a decent exp rate like a high rate server. then slow it down abit once around lvl 50, keep it at a medium pace till you rebirth at lvl 99. once rebirth you go back to lvl 1 but have it as a low rate server. have the first 30 od lvls quite quick but after that start to slow it down. not as slow as euro but a decent lvling speed.

bring back some of the old stuff like recall rings, tele rings, guild recall rings. cant remeber the last timei played a server where these items where useful.

make sw useful to have unlike alot of servers. same as lms.

add some new features aswell.

loads of quests. some short and easy some med some long some solo some grp some guild quests. mix up the rewards with cash items exp potions game points ect... alot of servers just do cash amd exp as rewards....

a decent server will deffo get the user count just needs some 1 to make one lol. shame i suck with pc's.....

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Atm theres ALOT of people out there just waiting for a server to come in and fill the gap. There are 3 servers out there atm, one screams 'Im an amateur' other screams 'Im stuck in the past and hold it to such a high regard I wont change a thing' and other screams 'MONEY MORE MONEY PLS'

We just need a server that doesnt go crazy on donations, doesnt require you to slave away for hours levelling, one that doesnt have 50 different sets and no-one knows what the **** anything is, one that gems/orbs dont drop like candy and ruin item worth/balance, one that has an active gm team willing to put in updates and change stuff that needs changing etc.

Not too much to ask, or is it -.-

Last edited:

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
why ppl always forgot p69 =\
it " doesnt scream "more money" also isnt amateur at all , and scorp listen to ppl

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
p69 has been dragging on for ages. Last I looked it had SO MANY features to do with forum etc I couldnt be bothered learning it all from scratch. I didnt think it was still going. 10 active users and no updates in a year by the looks of things as well. Clearly not an active server.

The 3 comments above related to 3 different servers, btw.

Last edited:

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
on a bad side i casual post on lomcn cause no servers up i wanna play and i seem to get infracted for **** loads of normal posts mostly mapadale for post next to nothing he called it spam, ppl like him make lomcn what it is... u dont see as many posts cus mods infract for nothin i watched lom 2 side and was like 0 posts all day while i was ill in bed with **** all to do i refreshed it like every half hour/hour sometimes sooner

Williams

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2007
why ppl always forgot p69 =\
it " doesnt scream "more money" also isnt amateur at all , and scorp listen to ppl
p69 was uber back in the day. but again it got ruined by to much donating. egyptions/pakistans buying full kits at the highest lvl, items not even ingame.... alot of the original players tryed to get scrop to listen. scorp was making enough to run the server and a little extra for his time. well enough to pay his uni fees lol, but he then got greedy and took the easy cash. im guessing he is struggling with the costs for server now as im sure he got a cheaper host as less players were playing. no new updates coz he prob cba to waste time on server if it not making no money so all he has to do is pop on once in a while shout something out and do a quick reboot to keep ppl happy.

user count dropped from 200 to 50 in a few weeks and dont think it has ever got anywhere near that again. shame coz it was a uber server.